The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-30-2020

I disagree with Her Insane Majesty, I think the result of the poster IS stellar! I’ll see what I can do about a picture of the vampire string doll.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-30-2020

Of course the total focus should be on Her Insane Majesty, but the poster is conveying exactly what it needs too.

But yes, that isn’t a high percentage of red-heads in your total amount. You’ll have to fix that for next year smile

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-30-2020

Of course she wants to be front & center and not share the spotlight with the "other" redheads LOL I am kinda surprised too that your redhead percentage isn't bigger. Who else would you like to get?
And I like how you did the "R" in your poster.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 08-30-2020

I'm back in time to see the gloriously gorgeous royal climax of the Redhead 2020 Count!

Love the Pippi Longstocking style braid in the poster!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-30-2020

(08-30-2020, 04:52 AM)werepuppy Wrote: I'm sure you'll add to your army of red-heads! I like the poster - it looks cool

Thank you!!! I plan to do my next redheadcount after next year's Love Your Red Hair Day in November, so I have a little more than a year to add some.

(08-30-2020, 10:03 AM)Elfy Wrote: I disagree with Her Insane Majesty, I think the result of the poster IS stellar! I’ll see what I can do about a picture of the vampire string doll.

Thank you and thank you!!!

(08-30-2020, 10:41 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Of course the total focus should be on Her Insane Majesty, but the poster is conveying exactly what it needs too.

But yes, that isn’t a high percentage of red-heads in your total amount.  You’ll have to fix that for next year smile

Thanks! Yeah, I can't let things stay this way. I should add it to my next shenanigary wishlist - get at least two new redheads before the next redheadcount.

(08-30-2020, 12:32 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Of course she wants to be front & center and not share the spotlight with the "other" redheads LOL  I am kinda surprised too that your redhead percentage isn't bigger.  Who else would you like to get?
And I like how you did the "R" in your poster.

Yeah, she needed to be the first and the final redhead to appear. She's the Queen, after all LOL

Oh, I have so many on my wishlist - one Azone I know of, probably a lot of new Azones as they release them (Azone does seem to release redheads on regular basis), I also want at least one MSD and one SD resin redhead, a Smart Doll redhead is a must... Also, while I haven't decided on specific doll, there's one unshelled Oddling who's a redhead.

And thank you!

(08-30-2020, 01:24 PM)davidd Wrote: I'm back in time to see the gloriously gorgeous royal climax of the Redhead 2020 Count!

Love the Pippi Longstocking style braid in the poster!

Thank you very much!

Day 243

Frankenstein Day is upon us!

In my first ADAD, I took this photo for Frankenstein Day. I had fun with it, so I decided to continue with the mini story in my 2019 thread with this photo. And now, the brilliant mad scientist returns once more!

"Huh Huuuuh humhum huuuuh huh huh!"*

[Image: 3fadb3edf4c5f4d64920698370d9df94.jpg]

* "Finally done! The electricity bill was monstrous, but it was worth it!"

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-30-2020

The mad scientist does amazing work!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-31-2020

What a fun shot. Especially given how hard it can be to pose multiple dolls; these are great. Looks like a movie poster… Or maybe an album cover wink

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Loona - 08-31-2020

Thank you for linking your previous photos too! I really enjoyed those, as well as this one! This year's lot looks fabulously fierce - but wait, where is Rochelle? She always used to be around for these, I hope she's all right!
It's a tough choice, but out of this bunch, I think I love I<3Fashion and Ghouls Rule Frankie the most. I<3F is on my list of "Frankies to desaturate", meaning I want to recreate her in a black&white version. I really like her contrasting hair colour and dark lips, but when I think of Frankie, she is black&white to me (both versions I have of her are b&w). Luckily, with Frankie, this is something that can be done with a simple rehair. I do have the doll to use, and I think I also have the hair, it's just another project that finally needs getting started.

I wasn't aware of Frankenstein day - but by hindsight, stumbling upon some unedited photos of my Frankies must have been a sign. Sadly I'm too late now (here it's already 17 minutes into the 31st), but I'll see if I can make up for it tomorrow.

I was sparingly around in the last couple of days, so I missed commenting on your OUAZ Little Mermaid. It's funny how I also find her fierce - I'm saying funny because mine doesn't seem fierce. She's the only uncustomised OUAZ doll I have, but I did restyle her hair and redress her. She has her hair in two braids, and is currently wearing the pink&white striped shirt and tulle skirt my Tangkou Fairy Fen Fen was wearing here. She looks pretty innocent to me (though I'm starting to grow uneasy - she's staring at me from a shelf about a metre from me as I write this). It's interesting how much difference the style of the hair and the angle of the picture can make.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 08-31-2020

LOL  That electricity bill line!  yay

Wonderful group portrait of the freaky fab Frankies!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-31-2020

Great shot, and I love the giant Frankie lifting the Ghoulia up.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-31-2020

Hah Ha Ha about the electricity bill.

They're all great Frankies, I think my favourite is the Ghouls Alive one, her outfit is gorgeous.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-31-2020

(08-30-2020, 11:07 PM)werepuppy Wrote: The mad scientist does amazing work!

She does, this is Ghoulia we're talking about, after all smile

(08-31-2020, 04:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: What a fun shot. Especially given how hard it can be to pose multiple dolls; these are great.  Looks like a movie poster… Or maybe an album cover wink

Thank you!!!

(08-31-2020, 08:17 AM)Loona Wrote: Thank you for linking your previous photos too! I really enjoyed those, as well as this one! This year's lot looks fabulously fierce - but wait, where is Rochelle? She always used to be around for these, I hope she's all right!
It's a tough choice, but out of this bunch, I think I love I<3Fashion and Ghouls Rule Frankie the most. I<3F is on my list of "Frankies to desaturate", meaning I want to recreate her in a black&white version. I really like her contrasting hair colour and dark lips, but when I think of Frankie, she is black&white to me (both versions I have of her are b&w). Luckily, with Frankie, this is something that can be done with a simple rehair. I do have the doll to use, and I think I also have the hair, it's just another project that finally needs getting started.

I wasn't aware of Frankenstein day - but by hindsight, stumbling upon some unedited photos of my Frankies must have been a sign. Sadly I'm too late now (here it's already 17 minutes into the 31st), but I'll see if I can make up for it tomorrow.

I was sparingly around in the last couple of days, so I missed commenting on your OUAZ Little Mermaid. It's funny how I also find her fierce - I'm saying funny because mine doesn't seem fierce. She's the only uncustomised OUAZ doll I have, but I did restyle her hair and redress her. She has her hair in two braids, and is currently wearing the pink&white striped shirt and tulle skirt my Tangkou Fairy Fen Fen was wearing here. She looks pretty innocent to me (though I'm starting to grow uneasy - she's staring at me from a shelf about a metre from me as I write this). It's interesting how much difference the style of the hair and the angle of the picture can make.

Ah, don't worry, Rochelle is at home, and I think Ghoulia and her freshly finished Frankensquad are about to go visit her and show off.

(08-31-2020, 01:10 PM)davidd Wrote: LOL  That electricity bill line!  yay

Wonderful group portrait of the freaky fab Frankies!

Thank you!!!

(08-31-2020, 03:59 PM)Elfy Wrote: Great shot, and I love the giant Frankie lifting the Ghoulia up.

Thanks! FT Frankie is quite a sturdy doll, she had no trouble holding Ghoulia while I was arranging the other dolls and taking the photo.

(08-31-2020, 09:13 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Hah Ha Ha about the electricity bill.

They're all great Frankies, I think my favourite is the Ghouls Alive one, her outfit is gorgeous.

Thank you! Ghouls Rule was a great Freankie release, it was the one that made me break my one-doll-per-character rule.

Day 244

While I was busy counting my redheads, a new cutie arrived!

[Image: 98812a377d551a04550cca76eefb8759.jpg]

This is Lil' Fairy Twinkle ☆ Candy Girls (these line names are going to end me one of these days) Vel by Azone. Twinkle ☆ Candy Girls is a collab with Kinokojuice. I had a name for her, but when she arrived, she didn't want it. I also ordered Vel's sister, Erunoe, from the same line, so I decided to postpone the naming until I have both of them.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 09-01-2020

Ahhh! She's so cute! I need to get one of these ones - my Vel wouldn't mind a twin!

But seriously: SO ADORABLE

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 09-01-2020

Cute!
(08-31-2020, 09:35 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: . I had a name for her, but when she arrived, she didn't want it..
LOL Sometimes they can be quite hard to name. I often try to choose names that either sound like the stock name or start with the same letter, but sometimes they just need completely different names.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 09-01-2020

How many blue and green hair dollies do you have?

And would this one be considered blue, or green? Or both?