The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-16-2020

Alura was my first Pullip, so I'm always happy to see her in other people's collections.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Alliecat - 11-16-2020

She looks like a groovy girl smile

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - dunneh - 11-16-2020

I like Jersey! Bon Jovi, Karate Kid (EDIT: I mean its not set there but he's from there)... um... yeah that's all I got. LOL But I do like those things so... and I have always liked Jersey and it looks really pretty in photos!

What is Roxy? I'm a bit out of the loop at recognising some newer pullips. There are a lot of underappreciated pullips.... especially the older ones. Everyone loves the new fancier girls but I have a soft spot for the older more simple releases. Date Masamune is one that needs more love for sure!

Wow, Alura in stock is way prettier than her stock photos do her justice! Her eyes and wig are super pretty. I love that her 'bangs' (fringe over here) are so long.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Elfy - 11-16-2020

Allure is rocking the look, and I think her shirt is really cool. A bit of a retro throwback to the hey day of punk.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - werepuppy - 11-16-2020

I really do like her top, and how low her bangs drop.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Loona - 11-17-2020

That wig! Those bangs! *swoon*
Alura has been a girl I've adored for a long time. Not only because of that hair, but she's wearing the.best.stock.dress.ever to have been made for a Pullip - Stica's. I don't plan too many more Pullips (I know, I know, we all have said that Tongue ), but a dark gothic girl is definitely still among my plans - no specific one, it might even be a custom, but I could see myself just settling with her if I found her for a good price.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 11-23-2020

Quote:
dargosmydaddy Wrote: Wrote:I should get a picture of them together.

Yes, please do! And thank you for the info on the wigs!

I promise to get a pic of the two of them together before the end of the year... photo goals!

Quote:I like Jersey! Bon Jovi, Karate Kid (EDIT: I mean its not set there but he's from there)... um... yeah that's all I got. [Image: rb_lol.gif] But I do like those things so... and I have always liked Jersey and it looks really pretty in photos!

I'll take Bon Jovi and Karate Kid associations any day over Sopranos and Jersey Shore associations smile

Quote:What is Roxy? I'm a bit out of the loop at recognising some newer pullips.

She is a Francoise Arnoul... another anime-inspired doll that I find super-cute despite knowing nothing about the anime!

Quote:Alura has been a girl I've adored for a long time. Not only because of that hair, but she's wearing the.best.stock.dress.ever to have been made for a Pullip - Stica's. I don't plan too many more Pullips (I know, I know, we all have said that [Image: rb_tongue.gif] ), but a dark gothic girl is definitely still among my plans - no specific one, it might even be a custom, but I could see myself just settling with her if I found her for a good price.

I hope you get her someday... in addition to Stica's dress, she comes with a whole other outfit and a fun skull hair ribbon (although the skull fell off on mine and I haven't gotten around to gluing it back on yet...).

Week Forty-seven
Fooling around with the Thanksgiving decorations... And I just realized this is the second week in a row I've done photos posed on my stairs (they're right in front of the door, so easy to get lots of natural light without having to go outside). Next week I'll have to attempt figuring out lighting in a different room.

[Image: 77728296_1e814df0f889dba6e8deeea0e88e76f3_standard.jpg]

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Alliecat - 11-23-2020

Cute. The new bird-girl release would fit in perfectly with those two characters.
It's nice to have a spot indoors that gets good light. All my good-light indoor spaces seem to be full of, well, stuff slash

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Elfy - 11-23-2020

The book end owls are really cool.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - davidd - 11-23-2020

I dunno... the gang looks pretty nervous!
"Do you think we can sneak away when they're not looking?"
"They're always looking! They can swivel their heads all the way around!"
"Not so loud! They can hear better than they can see! Just stare straight ahead and keep smiling!"

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - dunneh - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 10:17 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote:
Quote:[quote='dargosmydaddy Wrote:']

I'll take Bon Jovi and Karate Kid associations any day over Sopranos and Jersey Shore associations smile

[quote]
What is Roxy? I'm a bit out of the loop at recognising some newer pullips.

She is a Francoise Arnoul... another anime-inspired doll that I find super-cute despite knowing nothing about the anime!

I forgot Bruce Springsteen too LOL No worries, I don't think of bad things, I mostly think of pretty green stuff. I always wanted to visit.

Ah wow, Francoise Arnoul, thank you. She's extremly pretty!

Aw, what a cute family, really great to see a Byul! I love the way you've dressed everyone, the Isul's shirt especially is great, and everyone is dressed so nicely for US Thanksgiving. Love the owls too! ♥

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-23-2020

Love the owls on either side of the trio. And it’s a cute shot of all of them together.

In terms of places we take photos - in front of the linen closet is a favourite as there is both natural light from the bathroom across the hall, and also the down light above tge door.
So photos on the stairs where the best light is sounds very sensible.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-23-2020

The owls are very cute, and the dolls look like they might be planning a prank.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Loona - 11-24-2020

dargosmydaddy Wrote: Wrote:She is a Francoise Arnoul... another anime-inspired doll that I find super-cute despite knowing nothing about the anime!
I swear if Groove was half as good with QC as they are with making us love dolls inspired by characters we know next to nothing about, we'd already be dancing in joy. 4 out of the 5 "character-inspired"* Pullips I have are like that. And as far as I know Alliecat also has at least one girl like this in her dolly crew.

*I wrote "character-inspired" instead of anime-inspired, because Hatsune Miku isn't really an anime character (and I have 3 of her Tongue my knowledge of Hatsune Miku was technically that one Värttinä song loop with the leek animation when I fell in love with LOL Miku. And while I definitely won't say I knew nothing about Neon Genesis Evangelion when I bought Rei Ayanami, I definitely haven't liked the anime enough to even watch the whole thing back when it became a big thing in the 1990s, and my love for Pullip Rei has nothing to do with my knowledge of the anime)

Aah, they are so cute all dressed for the festive and standing there. And that's a lovely pair(lament) of owls Tongue though the Byul seems concerned about the one in the right.

RE: dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020 - Alliecat - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 07:14 AM)Loona Wrote: And as far as I know Alliecat also has at least one girl like this in her dolly crew.
Yes, "Grell", zero interest in the character or the anime after watching a few minutes of clips on Youtube (and Sunsette maintains there was some identity theft here).
Also Date Masamune; I watched about the first 5 minutes of the anime and went "meh", but I did look up the real Date Masamune who was quite an interesting character. When I found out he had a nautical connection I was quite delighted -- "samurai girl" fits with the crew after all smile Sometimes I wonder what the real person would've said if he had known someday people would make an anime of him ("a what?") and then a doll... a GIRL doll?? ("A WHAT???") LOL
Then there's Mukku, Ika, Nana, and Catwoman... anime and one comic character I also have zero knowledge or interest in! LOL
I like to give them their own character & personalities, although I know lots of people get into Pullips because of some anime character they like.
And I agree Francoise is super cute!