The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! ...The winners...!!! :D - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Contests (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33168)
+--- Forum: Photo Contests (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33173)
+--- Thread: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! ...The winners...!!! :D (/showthread.php?tid=7262939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Alliecat - 04-27-2020

These are all great!  So many cool mementos from abroad!
Jo-Meg's outfit is neat -- perfect for a story character.
Cheers for another interesting history/cultural lesson -- and to Mama Jellyfish for helping out grin   Kinda cool to have things from "another country" when you haven't had to move!  And what a lovely kitty.  What's his/her name?, you may have said before....?
The "whom" owl made me LOL.  I know a couple of people who consistently use "whom" instead of "who".  And, wow, Larkin looks just so different from her stock appearance -- that wig really brings out her eyeshadow colours, which I never really noticed in other photos.

(04-26-2020, 09:52 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Best we’ve done is Pudding Club certificates, which were for eating 4 different desserts in one night smile
I'd be so up for that! LOL

"My turn my turn!  Hey everyone!  As President and CCO* of PrettyTiny Film Company I'm happy to report that enough of our prizes have FINALLY arrived to take a picture.  Since so many people participated, we're going to do two draws.  Along with a 2021 PTFCo calendar, the first one drawn will get to pick if they want the dress, or the hat and socks.  And which flavour of chocolate you want (which isn't here yet, not because I ate it and Mum had to go buy more).  Because everything is better with chocolate, right??
"With the postal situation, depending where you are, we're gonna have a bit of a problem getting your prizes to you, but... we'll figure something out -- we hope!
"We love seeing all your photos.  And here's my mom (my other mom, haha) to model the prizes!

"Love, Sunsette  Heart 2  "

*Chief Cuteness Officer

[Image: 49823487878_aa86e791ec_o.jpg]

[Image: 49824338447_0aedfd91f1_o.jpg]

[Image: 49824017041_8a4a07aced_o.jpg]

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Lejays17 - 04-27-2020

What fab prizes, and for two lucky people.

Posting will happen when it does, stuff is taking forever to get here from the US at the moment, but I got a parcel in less tgan a week from the UK.

I dropped a birthday card in the mail on Saturday for our niece. Her mum is going to let us know when it arrives...

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - davidd - 04-27-2020

[Image: cat.jpg]
The Werecat Twins Present: A Cat... Box

[Image: small_coin.jpg]
Angry Karate Guy Presents: A Small Denomination Coin

[Image: magnet.jpg]
Bratzillaz Sashabella Offers: A (wall o') Magnet(s)

[Image: reading_now.jpg]
The Pinkys Present: Currently Reading

[Image: from_another_country.jpg]
The Bratz Minis Have Found: Something From Another Country

[Image: freshly_baked.jpg]
Devil Girl Offers: Something Freshly Baked (and then hermetically sealed - Damned Fresh for All Eternity)

While I was working on a variety of projects today, Smart Doll Addie spent the afternoon rustling up some more finds for the Quarantine Scavenger Hunt:

[Image: map.jpg]
Oh, look! This MAP shows where I live!

[Image: house_number.jpg]
Not bad for a HOUSE NUMBER, huh?

[Image: addie_hat.jpg]
I wish I could find a J. Peterman Company 'Hemingway Fishing HAT' in my size!

[Image: old_thing.jpg]
I found some REALLY OLD THINGS on the ground: flint flakes from where the Indians made
their arrowheads and stone tools, and what looks like a grinding stone!

And finally...

[Image: purple_a.jpg]
PURPLE!
Modeled by River Styxx

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Alliecat - 04-27-2020

Whee! Your crew has been really busy.
And I think you probably win for Coolest House Number LOL Some pretty amazing scenery in your backyard. My mom always wanted to visit that area.
I think you have a fridge like mine.

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Lejays17 - 04-27-2020

And the fridge looks like ours as well! Elfy & I are debating on which of the magnets will feature in our photo for this prompt - we have a large variety from our travels.

Excellent choice of reading material too, I loved Trixie Belden books when I was younger.

And the old stuff is so cool - I really feel like we’ve let the board down with how young are things are smile

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - neon_jellyfish - 04-27-2020

Gosh, is this thread impossible to keep up with, or what?

Thank you, everyone!

The house names aren't officially used as a part of adress, but I think that our post would try to deliver the mail even if you tried to use the name instead of the number. Seeing the variety of styles in house numbers you guys post, I should add that our house numbers have unified form, people can add some artistic take on their house number, but each house always has to have those blue and red numbers.

My cat's name is stupid, because I'm not her first owner, and she was already 8 when she came to me, so I didn't want to change it, she's used to it. Her name is Šiška (cone, the one growing on conifers, not the traffic one), and in Czech, when you call someone that, you're implying they're stupid. I think her previous owners thought it was cute, but I kinda hate it, so I use various derivates of that name that don't have that demeaning tone but sound similar, so that she isn't confused and I avoid calling her stupid.

dargosmydaddy - that's a wonderful batch, the 'whom' magnet and the invisible cats made me laugh!

davidd - these are spectacular! I love the MH ones, I love the Smart Doll ones, I love the small figure ones, the Angry Karate Guy is hilarious and the Devil Girls is, not gonna lie, pretty scary. Or is it the snacks? Hmm...

Onto the next batch!

#19 - what you're currently reading

[Image: 204fb7af7198b75f3195d3dabe28af7f.jpg]

I'm always reading Poe and fairytales. I don't read them whole every time, I always read one story/tale and then return to the current reading. When I pulled out Jessie and Morgiana for the 'another country' photo, I felt a strong urge to re-read it again, so that's what I'm reading now.

#20 - oldest thing in the house

[Image: f11ac2eb2ee17a3be985994b6cda9856.jpg]

The trilobite fossil, the ammonite fossil and the raw quartz have definitely existed the longest of all things I have. The little pandas have been with me the longest. I chose my newest doll to accompany them in the photo, because art is all about juxtaposition these days, amirite?

#21 - a hat

[Image: e0d2e3d4d780e3cbde1e2a163697b0d2.jpg]
"Do you think this is enough hats?"
"Do you think something like 'enough hats' even exists?"

#22 - a magnet

[Image: dd2e4ad389ae197bac55c12e8846cf3c.jpg]

That picture is actually a magnetic bookmark, it doesn't state who is the artist (neither does the manufacturer website), which kinda psses me off, I'd like to get more bookmarks from them. Mae was brave, she was willing to pose for me eventhough she's a robot and magnets can cause her all kinds of problems.

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - davidd - 04-28-2020

I spy a jellyfish on your magnetic bookmark!
Trilobite, ammonite, amirite... I laughed!  LOL
There can never be too many hats in a household.

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Alliecat - 04-28-2020

Oooh, what super cool fossils!!  I got to hold the most gorgeous rainbow giant ammonite in BC.  And trilobites are just neat.  A pretty bookmark...  You could try taking a closeup of it, crop to just the bookmark, and upload it to Tineye.com -- if the picture exists somewhere online you might trace it to the artist.  Or Google reverse image search, which is similar.
Lejays, no worries -- it was for the oldest thing in your house smile
I have to agree on the number of hats.

As far as cats with unfortunate names go... my house-sit buddy in BC is named... "Mousie". slash
I can just imagine the children's story that could be written about the sad cat who can't live down her stupid name and wants to be called something much more appropriate like "Gracie" or "Evelyn". I wish I could talk to them the way some of these pet psychics claim to... I tried to ask her if she wanted to be called something else, but couldn't tell what she thought LOL

"OK, you guys, this is it, the Very Last Final Prompt...  Shall we call it the jackpot shot??  Your challenge is to use at least five of the items from your hunt to make a composite photo.  You could just toss them all in a pile and put a doll on top, but we know you're all more creative than that!!  (And you get 2 tickets for the draw for this photo grin )
"Last day to post your finds will be May 3, at midnight in your time zone. (That's 23:59 at the end of May 3, not 00:00 at the beginning of May 3 LOL )
"Thanks for playing and have fun!!

"Love, Sunsette  Heart 2  "

[Image: 49827104811_817ce72069_o.jpg]
Blue doll, purple doll, stripes, cats, TP, umbrellas, hammer, magnet, hat, button

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Lejays17 - 04-28-2020

Oh! A fun final shot. And we were wondering when the photo deadline was going to be, so we have Friday to finish everything up here then, which is good.

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Alliecat - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 01:49 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: ... so we have Friday to finish everything up here then,...
Right..... *doesn’t know what day it is * blush

I mail-ordered some things I can't get here, and added a couple of chocolate bars to the order to be part of the prizes. I ordered 2... they sent 1. >facepalm< ... the pandemic hoarding struck chocolate too because it's "out of stock".
Of course, I've just been to the grocery store for the first time in 2 1/2 months, bought half the store and of course got my package too late to add a chocolate bar to the grocery shop. With all the limitations, I can't really run in for one little item... so there might be a little more delay in assembling that part of the prizes...

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - s1dthesqu1d - 04-30-2020

Whew got back just in time! I better get snapping and catch up!
Loving the entries, they've got me so inspired and I love all the fun history facts here Heart 2

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - dargosmydaddy - 04-30-2020

Something from another country
I purchased both my Namus from a Canadian seller, so I consider Edgar to be Canadian. Here he is in his Calgary Flames shirt holding a postcard by grandmother sent me from Niagara Falls in the 1980s.

[Image: 49835374831_15af204912_z.jpg]Edgar8 by tisue999, on Flickr

Oldest thing in your house
I have a bunch of old photos and other ephemera from my grandmother's scrapbook. The paper reads, "To Christina, May your cares all fly away/ Like dew before the sun/ And when you've nothing else to do/ Just think of Jake for fun. Your cousin, J. Mayer" and on the side it says Carlstadt (that's a town in my area) Nov. 19th 1883. I'm not sure exactly what year the photo's from, but that's the Christina to whom the note was addressed, who is my great-great-grandmother. She was born in 1869, so I think the picture appears to be from the late 1880s or early 1890s.
They're being propped up by the Underwood, which is probably my oldest non-paper possession!

[Image: 49835739762_bb31e2a4fd_z.jpg]Cat25 by tisue999, on Flickr

And now I think I'm all caught up, except for the grand finale picture!

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - davidd - 04-30-2020

People had such beautiful handwriting in the 19th century. Fun pics! (I always like seeing your vintage Underwood typewriter!)

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Alliecat - 04-30-2020

What lovely old treasures from your grandmother and great-great-grandmother! And yes, the handwriting is so elegant. So many people can barely even write at all anymore. Yay for the “Canadian“ doll. smile
How do we feel about the deadline? Do you guys want the weekend? A lot of us don’t have weekdays and weekends anymore these days, (some of us forgot what day it was) but maybe some still do ... do we want to extend it to Sunday night? Taking dolly pictures seems like a weekend kinda thing...

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - neon_jellyfish - 04-30-2020

The vintage-styled photo of vintage treasures is just perfect!