The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! ...The winners...!!! :D - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Contests (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33168)
+--- Forum: Photo Contests (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33173)
+--- Thread: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! ...The winners...!!! :D (/showthread.php?tid=7262939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - neon_jellyfish - 04-22-2020

Oooh, I love that funeral... postcard... thingie...!!! Obituary notice? Anyhoo, I love it! Also the Gorillaz calendar.

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - s1dthesqu1d - 04-22-2020

The funeral card is soooo cool!!!

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Alliecat - 04-22-2020

What another great bunch of photos -- you guys have been busy.  It's such fun to see what you all come up with and I'm sure we're going to see some interesting "old things".  That's a cool card.  I'm trying to think who Casper reminds me of -- it's the line of his mouth and his apparent ex-pression here, specifically.  Is it someone I know or (I think more likely) an actor....?  Hmmmmmm.....
Great doodles... and I really need to borrow Darling at my house....  I've been trying to do a bit of sewing on things I've been given or bought that don't fit, and trying to get it done before I try to pry the back off the machine to see why the stitch selector only ever does one kind of stitch.  In case I kill the machine. slash
A doll-size star chart??  Ooo, neat.  The "spooky" photo definitely succeeded.  And I really liked those stamps!  I tried to get a sheet of them when I was in Nashville for the eclipse, & they were all sold out.  My friend sent me some later.

(04-21-2020, 05:42 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’ve read that book, I really enjoyed that series of Star Wars books.  We downsized & rationalised our collections a few years back, and they were culled.  I regret it every so often.
Elfy wants to know how you’ve propped the book open so well, he’s had problems with making it look like the dolls are holding paperbacks open.
She's kind of pushing on the opposite page with her hand braced on it, but there is also a little plushie in her lap to hold it open wink  (Now I'll have to kill you LOL  )
I really liked the books too, although I much preferred Aaron Allston's; I didn't like Michael Stackpole's writing style at all.  Did you read the final one?  I heard Allston later wrote another 'Wraith' one that was supposed to be set like 30 years later...?  I wonder if it was as good and hope it wasn't "back to the well" once too often.   On my library list for if it ever opens again....

Keep 'em comin', gang!!

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - dargosmydaddy - 04-23-2020

Fresh baked (oatmeal cookies)

[Image: 49807736291_2818437ff1_z.jpg]Soliloquy15 by tisue999, on Flickr

Soliloquy15 by tisue999, on Flickr

[b]Currently reading[/b] (I dug out my old copy of Shakespeare's plays because I thought it might be i the running for oldest thing in my house... turns out it's not that old-- only 1936-- but I used it for a photo since I am currently finishing up Romeo and Juliet with my freshmen. Shakespeare and distance learning has been a challenging experience!)

[Image: 49807736531_bc72fca1bd_z.jpg]Noemie3 by tisue999, on Flickr

I also took a purple picture, but then my camera batteries conked out before I could get it on my computer... hoping I can dig out more batteries tomorrow!

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Lejays17 - 04-23-2020

Alliecat - agree with the Alston v the Stackpole, I much preferred Alston as well. I’m not sure if I ever read the newest one. I know I had up to #7 at some point, so was it after that? I don’t remember reading about a 30-years-later story, so maybe not.

The biscuits look very yummy, and Shakespeare is always fun to read. Or is that just me? LOL

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - neon_jellyfish - 04-23-2020

I wanted to post them all in order, but that would probably result in a mega-post just before the midnight of the last day, so screw it, I'll post what I have.

#14 a spring

[Image: 6be42cfcd1c26217cfc482e1be0bfa93.jpg]

Bonus pic (we count prompts, not individual pics, right? It's OK to keep posting more pics for the same prompt, right?):

[Image: 89dce26d46886f23c17c8be26953a08c.jpg]

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Lejays17 - 04-23-2020

I didn’t even think of clothes pegs when we were thinking of springs!

Love that you’ve colour matched to Maddie hair as well.

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - davidd - 04-24-2020

(04-23-2020, 09:04 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Bonus pic (we count prompts, not individual pics, right? It's OK to keep posting more pics for the same prompt, right?):

I think that is correct, as the multiple screwdriver pics illustrated.

Fun "springy" idea!

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - s1dthesqu1d - 04-24-2020

Finally caught up a bit! Found my doll radio after I finished taking pictures, and my mom and I are baking tomorrow so I'll work on both of those tomorrow LOL

14. A spring
[Image: 49811152648_25349772b2.jpg]

I got my second Assa recently, her name's Lark, and I'm keeping her stock until her wig and Obitsu come so I thought she'd be perfect for this Heart 2

16. A purple doll/ figure/ toy
[Image: 49811152228_0988c70ba0.jpg]

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment, and there! Viola! You've got a Figment! Couldn't help but use my Figment collection for this one. He's my favorite Disney character Heart 2 (for those who don't know, Figment is from the ride Journey Into Imagination and is widely considered the Epcot mascot!)

17. A house number
[Image: 49811152273_0ef8e486f0.jpg]

This one was hard, we used to have numbers on our house but when we remodeled we took them down. I searched through the garage for them, but I couldn't find them. So instead I brought Markos out to our mailbox! I hope this one counts Sweatdrop

18. Something from another country
[Image: 49811152413_8582061e77.jpg]

I got these little maraccas when I went to Mexico with my family a few years ago. If I remember correctly they were actually hot glued to a magnet or something and tied together, but I wanted to use them in the dollhouse so I kinda took them apart LOL 

19. What you're reading
[Image: 49811699636_a2abc31e70.jpg] 

Currently I'm rereading my Edgar Allan Poe collection, specifically the Pit and the Pendulum. It's one of my favorites Heart 2

20. The oldest thing in your house
[Image: 49811699211_d4ea4611bf.jpg]

I had to ask my mom for help with this one, we've got a lot of old stuff in our house but most of it is packed away either in storage or for our move when my parents divorce is finalized, all except for my great grandmother's chest! Which is luckily full to the brim with vintage goodies. The hat was my grandfather's when he was in the military, and I know my grandmother used to use that little mouse as a doorstop (it has a weight under the dress, I loved playing with it as a kid). The bag behind Ramona is full of blankets my great grandmother made, and who knows what else is in there! To my knowledge, the oldest stuff in here is from the early 1900's or late 1800's. It was really fun to set this up and look through the chest for items to use, my grandmother passed away in January and last month she would have been 93 and it was nice to see all the stuff from her old house, things she made, photos, stuff like that. Sorry to ramble haha Sweatdrop

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Alliecat - 04-24-2020

What a great stash of vintage treasures. I'm sorry about your grandmother sad I guess it would bring up mixed feelings looking through the old things, but they are sure nice to have. The little maracas are adorable -- perfect doll size. Do they rattle?

Haha, I never thought of clothespins either! LOL Great imaginative twists on some of these ideas. Yes, you can post extra pix but you don't get an extra ticket wink

Mmm, cookies. I'll be right over xp

(04-23-2020, 05:47 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Alliecat - agree with the Alston v the Stackpole, I much preferred Alston as well. I’m not sure if I ever read the newest one. I know I had up to #7 at some point, so was it after that? I don’t remember reading about a 30-years-later story, so maybe not.
There were 9 books; they each did one more after the "Wraith" ones. Then this 10th one years later. I gather there are some X-wing comics out there too.

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Lejays17 - 04-24-2020

Sid - we don’t really “do” house numbers here, so our version will also be from our mailbox.

The chest of old stuff is really neat, a nice collection of stuff. I’m sorry to hear about your grandma.

The purple dragons are so cute, they look very cuddly.

Teeny tiny maracas! Do they make the sounds if you shake them?

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - s1dthesqu1d - 04-25-2020

The maracas do rattle!

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - werepuppy - 04-25-2020

Ah, everyone's photos are so great. This has really brought out creativity in people. (Not me, I am a boring person, as we all know.)

I haven't been able to catch up properly, but here are a couple more Basil and I found!:

[Image: 68754785_05877013efea92fd6e8317215bde45d6_standard.jpg]
"This cup came from the United States, see it even says which state! We live in Scotland, so that does make it foreign. It'll fit a lot of tea in it. "

[Image: 68754876_8242e764094f55226c7158218d824f4a_standard.jpg]
"These are our two newest reads. There's some stuff on the Kindle too, but these looked nicer in a photograph."

[Image: 68754887_11eddceddda1b77594cdcedb611b66d7_standard.jpg]
"I'm not sure how old this is, but it belonged to the maternal grandparents before it came here and they had it a long time."

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - Lejays17 - 04-25-2020

Basil has been busy scavenging.

The cup looks like it holds a suitable amount of tea in it, and excellent choice in reading materials,
While a Kindle is more space-efficient, paper books are much nice to look at.

I believe our “oldest” things are going to be mere babies in comparison to everyone else’s. Mine is only about 100, and Elfy’s is younger than that.

RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!! Please join in and play! :D - neon_jellyfish - 04-26-2020

Oooh, a longcase clock! We have a lot of interesting old stuff, but not a longcase clock... And Witch Hat Atelier sounds like something I should check out.