The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-17-2021

(02-17-2021, 11:55 AM)Elfy Wrote: Hogan's Heroes could work with an all female cast, although you'd need a good looking bloke to play Helga.

LOL Of course!

PHICEN FEBRUARY continues:

[Image: 50951658301_2551cee4a8_z.jpg]
16 February – Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki - Phicen-ized Edition

Body: TBLeague S07C
Head: Integrity Toys Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki
Outfit: miscellaneous stuff found on eBay
Telephone booth: MGAE Bratz

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 02-17-2021

My crew likes Miscellebay as a fashion designer too wink
She looks ready for adventure.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 02-17-2021

Love the colour coordination with her boots & jacket.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - neon_jellyfish - 02-17-2021

I love her boots! And keep wondering what is she dragging behind her...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-18-2021

(02-17-2021, 01:38 PM)Alliecat Wrote: My crew likes Miscellebay as a fashion designer too wink

Yes, Miscellebay rates among the pantheon of top fashion houses!

(02-17-2021, 04:11 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the colour coordination with her boots & jacket.

Those red boots are very nice vinyl with real working zippers.

(02-17-2021, 10:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love her boots! And keep wondering what is she dragging behind her...

Dragging behind her... yeah. That is a failure on the part of the photographer. The figure is holding a handbag by the overly long strap that is meant to drape from her shoulder, but it wouldn't stay in place. The bag disappears in shadow, blending in with the canvas bundle, giving the impression that the figure is dragging a bedraggled body bag. Which is a cool idea, admittedly, and admittedly, I wish I'd thought of that when composing the image. But nope, it's just a poorly composed pic.

[Image: 50954155183_3bc53a0f2e_z.jpg]
17 February – TBLeague Figure sitting in a 21st Century Toys Vehicle

Army Girl feels sad. She wishes she lived with a nice girl who would sew pretty outfits for her, like Barbie gets to wear, instead of with an immature boy who dresses her in skimpy military camouflage fantasy-fetish impractical tactical gear.

Although even Sad Army Girl will admit that she likes the short shorts; because daaayyyuuuummm, girl! Those legs! And the boots aren't bad, either.

Body: TBLeague S35A
Head: YMToys Asian Star
Uniform: MC Toys M-048 Military Style Summer Outfit

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 02-18-2021

Sooki looks right at home in the dungeon.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 02-18-2021

She certainly does have legs for days. But yeah, can't blame her for wanting one or 2 nice outfits... she needs to go shopping. Miscellebay?? LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - neon_jellyfish - 02-18-2021

Impractical tacical gear LOL

I also think she might be terrified by the bleak prospect of having a bad hair day for the rest of her life, considering your passion for hair care...

As for the handbag in úrevious photo, part of the problem is my monitor - when my old notebook died, I had to buy a new one in quite a rush, and the monitor is pure crap, but it was the best they had that I could take home right away. It blends similar colors together and everything is washed out, so it's not really the problem of your composition.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 02-19-2021

This picture pretty much describes my days at work during the past few weeks. I'd so grab the steering wheel and drive as far as possible if I could... counting the days until my current project is over Whacked
Having read the description, we seem to have different kinds of problems though Tongue I have recently purchased some awesome wardrobe items that I cannot wait to wear - if we ever get out of frickin' home office (I refuse to not buy "post-COVID" clothing that I am planning to wear outside or to parties, because I refuse to accept any scenario that does not involve getting back to normal). Tell her she looks cool, and one shouldn't hide what looks good. Like those legs. And boots are always cool.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-19-2021

(02-19-2021, 06:37 AM)Loona Wrote: I refuse to not buy "post-COVID" clothing that I am planning to wear outside or to parties, because I refuse to accept any scenario that does not involve getting back to normal.

THANK YOU! This comment made my day!

And "normal" does NOT mean "New Normal." It means no d*mned masks and it means going in to McDonalds to get a burger, fries, and shake and sitting down at a booth while a hundred kids run around and scream in the play area. Did I mention no masks? Did I mention that I can't wait to get back to the days when anybody wearing a mask is assumed to be a bank robber and gets arrested for wearing a mask rather than for not wearing a mask?

[Image: 50958059261_77ca7b0bc8_z.jpg]
18 February – Yeah, another one

Body: TBLeague S09C
Head: GACToys GC029A
Outfit: "unbranded" via eBay

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 02-19-2021

Wow, she is quite an imposing figure.  Da Boss Lady is here!

(02-19-2021, 06:37 AM)Loona Wrote: I have recently purchased some awesome wardrobe items that I cannot wait to wear - if we ever get out of frickin' home office
I bought this really cool shirt in B.C. with a native design... now, I didn't have a dress-up life anyway, and you should see what some of our library student workers wear, so that's a very casual workplace... but once in a very rare while I might want a really nice shirt.  I spent HOURS "reducing" it because the only sizes they had were XL and up.  Because of the design it was ridiculously hard to alter well and I don't sew (and the sewing machine didn't work right so I had to take it apart as part of the project) ... and I haven't worn it anywhere yet!!!  Cry
I suppose I could just wear it around the house...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 02-19-2021

And you'd better do whatever she tells you, or else!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 02-19-2021

Poor Sad Army Girl - I feel for her in wanting pretty clothes for sometimes.

I look in my wardrobe of badly-fitting clothes & want to chuck them all & get new stuff. But I’m *sigh* being responsible and not doing that.

D Boss lady is very imposing!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 02-20-2021

Oh. She looks pretty determined - I'm wondering what the reason behind it might be. What I'm also wondering is just how many of these figures you ended up with in the end grin I'm eager to find out once the month is over - given there are enough days left in the month for you to feature all. Are there? It's quite an impressive number already considering you weren't sure about them at first.

(02-19-2021, 01:13 PM)davidd Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 06:37 AM)Loona Wrote: I refuse to not buy "post-COVID" clothing that I am planning to wear outside or to parties, because I refuse to accept any scenario that does not involve getting back to normal.

THANK YOU! This comment made my day!

And "normal" does NOT mean "New Normal." It means no d*mned masks and it means going in to McDonalds to get a burger, fries, and shake and sitting down at a booth while a hundred kids run around and scream in the play area. Did I mention no masks? Did I mention that I can't wait to get back to the days when anybody wearing a mask is assumed to be a bank robber and gets arrested for wearing a mask rather than for not wearing a mask?

You're welcome. I agree with all of that. The normal I want back has the restaurants open, doesn't come with a curfew after 8PM, and the only time I see people in masks is when I'm attending a cybergoth party (I wonder if this... this will make my cybergoth friends reconsider their fashion choices and drop masks from their party wardrobe).
I've read your comment still during the day, but forgot to reply - in the evening however, I got a pretty straightforward reminder in the form of a shirt I came across in a homeware&clothing store. It had  "Say hello to the new world" written in front. Like... what? Fukkno, we're not on speaking terms with this... thing outside.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5441873]

(02-19-2021, 01:40 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I bought this really cool shirt in B.C. with a native design... now, I didn't have a dress-up life anyway, and you should see what some of our library student workers wear, so that's a very casual workplace... but once in a very rare while I might want a really nice shirt.  I spent HOURS "reducing" it because the only sizes they had were XL and up.  Because of the design it was ridiculously hard to alter well and I don't sew (and the sewing machine didn't work right so I had to take it apart as part of the project) ... and I haven't worn it anywhere yet!!!  Cry
I suppose I could just wear it around the house...

My workplace is also rather casual usually - and I also like to think I'm casual most of the time, but then my co-workers remind me that wearing only black (even during the peak of summer) doesn't necessarily qualify as casual - at least not in their eyes. I do have my less casual wardrobe I'm not wearing as often, and some only on special occasions, so maybe it's just that I'm comparing my everyday clothes to those - and even those are nowhere near as edgy as the wardrobe some of my friends have, so I guess it's mostly a question of what you are comparing smile

I totally feel your pain about the shirt! Yeah, you could wear it around the house, but some garments are just too special for that... Somewhere in spring I bought an awesome wintery-themed lolita skirt I was *so* looking forward to wear on our company Christmas party - which never happened, as no such events are currently allowed. Oh well, at least I know what to wear in 10 months, if parties will already be allowed by then. Coming to think of it, wearing skirts in general is something that I really miss. Normally I'm a skirt girl 95% of the time, but that isn't really what one would wear to constant home office...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-20-2021

(02-19-2021, 04:49 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I look in my wardrobe of badly-fitting clothes & want to chuck them all & get new stuff.  But I’m *sigh* being responsible and not doing that.

I'm beginning to feel irresponsible for hanging on to so many clothing pieces that... don't quite fit anymore. Because they will fit again someday... right?  slash

(02-20-2021, 06:39 AM)Loona Wrote: ... in the evening however, I got a pretty straightforward reminder in the form of a shirt I came across in a homeware&clothing store. It had  "Say hello to the new world" written in front. Like... what? Fukkno, we're not on speaking terms with this... thing outside.

Indeed! I want nothing to do with anything that even hints of this nonsense continuing... and continuing... and continuing....  straight

And speaking of continuing...

[Image: 50961230277_1d831b9f08_z.jpg]
19 February – "But... what IS it?"
"And where are its feet?"
"I found a head!"

Body: TBLeague in tan, I don't know the model number
Head: FireGirl FG066D