The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-21-2021

PHICEN FEBRUARY continues:

[Image: 50962790948_81484874b7_z.jpg]
20 February - Agent Ellie Fields is the brainy type

Body: TBLeague S12D (tan)
Head: Generic "Asian Beauty with brown hair"
Outfit: Mattel Ken Fashion Pack
Skull prop: SmartLab Toys Amazing Squishy Brain

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 02-21-2021

Oh my. Brains for lunch. And what a fun shot of your three little mad scientists LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 02-21-2021

You should never play with your food.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 02-21-2021

Tehre seems to be too many brains to fit in the skull - that's a bit of a concern that his head "exploded".

Her outfit is great.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 02-21-2021

Oh, so *this* is how they are made! I loved the shot of your Smart Dolls assembling the (suddenly so tiny-looking - whereas it's actually them who are huge) Phicen figure.

That skull Ellie is posing with is fabulous! I'll love any and every skull model, but a transparent one? Gimme three, please! It reminds me of the skull-shaped liqueur bottles I'm often seeing in alcohol shop windows in Prague (I'm not sure anymore if it's still legit to say "often" though, as I obviously haven't been to Prague in a considerable amount of time due to the virus sad ), and I've been contemplating buying one for... huh, 10-15 years? But I can never bring myself to it, especially because I have no intention of drinking the stuff it contains, so I'd be purchasing a decoration item for the price of some fancy booze.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 02-21-2021

Oh! I missed the Smart Dolls doing Mad Science on the Phicen on the previous page.

I laughed a lot about it.
(02-20-2021, 01:05 PM)davidd Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:49 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I look in my wardrobe of badly-fitting clothes & want to chuck them all & get new stuff.  But I’m *sigh* being responsible and not doing that.

I'm beginning to feel irresponsible for hanging on to so many clothing pieces that... don't quite fit anymore. Because they will fit again someday... right?  slash

My issue is the other way - belts (for pants) or safety pins (for skirts) are now an essential part of my staying decently clothed at work. The tops aren’t as bad, but when I start a new knitted top, I have to measure to make sure I have the right sizes now.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-22-2021

(02-21-2021, 07:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oh my. Brains for lunch.

Interesting... or perhaps unnerving... that this is how you interpreted that particular photo.  Oh My

(02-21-2021, 01:36 PM)Elfy Wrote: You should never play with your food.

Except when mom's not looking!  yay

(02-21-2021, 04:40 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Tehre seems to be too many brains to fit in the skull.

That's what too much studying will do to ya!

(02-21-2021, 08:55 PM)Loona Wrote: It reminds me of the skull-shaped liqueur bottles I'm often seeing in alcohol shop windows in Prague (I'm not sure anymore if it's still legit to say "often" though, as I obviously haven't been to Prague in a considerable amount of time due to the virus sad ), and I've been contemplating buying one for... huh, 10-15 years? But I can never bring myself to it, especially because I have no intention of drinking the stuff it contains, so I'd be purchasing a decoration item for the price of some fancy booze.

Yeah, I've been tempted by those Crystal Skull Vodka containers, myself. But I don't drink the stuff, either. Instead, I recently found these miniature crystal skulls on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Natural-clear-quartz-mini-skull-quartz-crystal-skull-carved-reiki-healing/383876518262

They come from China, so perhaps you can find them on... Hungarian eBay? Euro eBay? They're pretty cool. But yeah, they're tiny. I have a "crystal skull" that is about the size of this plastic "brains" skull, but it is acrylic, not crystal.

(02-21-2021, 10:16 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: My issue is the other way - belts (for pants) or safety pins (for skirts) are now an essential part of my staying decently clothed at work.

You are very fortunate. I have really let myself go. A pound every week or two doesn't seem like much, but after a year... or two...  slash

[Image: 50968046607_3b413b27a7_z.jpg]
21 February – Aren't We Done With Army Girls Yet?

Perhaps "Army April" or "Military May" should be upcoming themes!   LOL

Oh! I know! Military March! Perfect!

I call this one Nicolette Arkham. She's one of my favorites among the Phicen/TBLeague seamless figures in my collection.

Body: TBLeague S35A
Head: YMToys YMT029
Uniform: CAT Toys (via eBay)
Boots: stolen from a Star Wars figure

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 02-22-2021

The whole Army Girl theme makes me think of Fox Force 5, the fictional TV show that Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman) starred in Pulp Fiction prior to meeting and marrying gangster Marcellus Wallace. I always thought it sounded like a great show and hoped someone would make it.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 02-22-2021

Nice action pose. These figures are cool. Stop enabling. Tongue

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 02-22-2021

She's a really nice looking one, I can see why she would be one of your favourites.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-23-2021

[Image: 50971273138_40d58bae77_z.jpg]
22 February – TBLeague S37A / YMToys YMT031A

Body: TBLeague S37A
Head: YMToys YMT031A
Outfit: Mattel Barbie Jacket, Pullip doll dress, eBay shoes

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-24-2021

Despite popular demand... PHICEN FEBRUARY continues:

[Image: 50974946637_dc2cd3d2fe_z.jpg]
23 February – Rock and Roll is Here to Stay!

"Maybe it's time to get the band back together."

Yasmin Clarke, aka Yazz E. Claire, works on her riffs and contemplates the album she and her friends had planned before money, drugs, and boys intervened.

Body: TBLeague S37A
Head: YMToys YMT032B
Outfit: assorted Barbie (Ken) and Monster High items
Guitar: eBay
Amp: HM11 Bluetooth speaker

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 02-24-2021

Blue (purple) - haired girl is pretty.
Cool guitar. Is it... pink?? or is that the lighting? Don't show my crew!
Great posing with that one. I gather their hands are a little easier to make realistic grips with than Pullips' are.
Yeah, a Phicen girl band would be fun.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 02-24-2021

A sleeve of tattoos would perfect the image.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 02-25-2021

(02-24-2021, 01:10 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Cool guitar.  Is it... pink?? or is that the lighting?  Don't show my crew!  

I gather their hands are a little easier to make realistic grips with than Pullips' are.

Yes, it is a pink 1/6 scale guitar. Search for 1/6 scale guitar on eBay, you'll find them in all manner of styles and colors, and often at quite reasonable prices.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Miniature-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-For-Dollhouse-Life-Scene-Decor-Pink/163645635561

Most TBLeague/Phicen figures come with three sets of interchangeable hands: open hands, gripping hands, and "trigger finger" hands. I used an open hand and a gripping hand in the guitar picture. The hands are a somewhat soft plastic that allows them to be flexed enough to grip a variety of objects.

(02-24-2021, 03:13 PM)Elfy Wrote: A sleeve of tattoos would perfect the image.

A tatt sleeve would definitely work for the "punk" style of this character. But... she's a rebel! And tatts are mainstream! Half of Millennials have one or more tatts! A rocker without tatts... now that's a rebel!
LOL

PHICEN FEBRUARY continues... to destroy the Dolly Market Forum!

Since PHICEN FEBRUARY began, there has been a steady decline in daily activity on the forum. Coincidence? Or correlation?
Innocent

Fortunately, February is nearly over, and I can see light at the end of the tunnel... or at the bottom of the TBLeague storage tub! Hang in there, gang! It's almost over!

[Image: 50977935062_c4a65f0821_z.jpg]
"Huh? I wonder if this could be worth something?"

Sorry, babe! It's a reproduction, not an original.

Body: TBLeague S09C
Head: Unbranded "Asian Beauty" sculpt
Uniform: various found-on-eBay bits and pieces