The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 02-28-2021

Well now, they do look like a scary pair.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 02-28-2021

A Vespa with a sidecar. So cool!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 02-28-2021

Oh wow, look at those abs :O Is it just the bright red skin tone, or is Desi more... pronounced in that area compared to your other Phicen girls? Do you know if Phicen also does more 'average-portioned' bodies? I'm not sure I've ever seen one - and I think this is more apparent with the male bodies which look decidedly body-builder muscular (while the female bodies, when dressed, are just slim).

I love how the horns are poseable, I think it can add a lot of character and enhance posing, like ears on animals. And that Vespa is still awesome as hell (intended pun Tongue ). Is the sidecar removable, or is this actually a 3rd model you have?

Beachwear girl is determined. Is she Finnish, looking for the hole to dip into after spending some time in the sauna? As I scrolled down first, for a second I didn't even notice the water is frozen, and my first thoughts were marveling around how nicely you captured a still of the splashing water, with little individual drips flying around after the water crashed into the rocks, beautifully sharp, and I almost thought you must have reached the "switch back to DSLR"-goal on your list, because that level of detail isn't easy to capture with a point-and-shoot - and then I realised it is ice grin

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-01-2021

(02-28-2021, 09:21 PM)Loona Wrote: Oh wow, look at those abs. Is it just the bright red skin tone, or is Desi more... pronounced in that area compared to your other Phicen girls? Do you know if Phicen also does more 'average-portioned' bodies?

I love how the horns are poseable, I think it can add a lot of character and enhance posing....

Is the sidecar removable, or is this actually a 3rd model you have?

.... and I almost thought you must have reached the "switch back to DSLR"-goal on your list....

Some Phicen/TBL bodies feature greater muscle definition than others. The red color seems to enhance the definition even further. The company claims that some of their body types (I think there are nearly 30 styles now) feature more realistic proportions, but "more realistic" does not necessarily mean "actually realistic."

Yeah, I was pleased to discover the horns could be moved!

Unfortunately, the sidecar cannot be detached. New Ray made two versions of the Vespa, with and without the sidecar. The non-sidecar versions are still common on eBay, but the sidecar models do not turn up as frequently.

LOL I'm both delighted and intimidated that somebody read through, and then remembered an item from, my 2021 Dolly Goals List! No, I have not yet transitioned to the DSLR, but now that I know somebody is paying attention, I'll have to start taking some of those goals seriously!

PHICEN FEBRUARY... IS FINALLY OVER!

[Image: 50991860557_f24404da4d_z.jpg]
28 February – Vampi and Lady Bat take the motorbike for a spin

TBLeague Vampirella figure
TBLeague Lady Bat figure
New Ray 1/6 scale Vespa motor scooter

Total Phicen/TBLeague figure count: 30: 27 at 1/6 scale and 3 at 1/12 scale

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 03-01-2021

Great way to celebrate the end of the month.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-01-2021

Wow, where did February go? I mean, I know it’s already a short month but it seems like you just started your face in February. [I am leaving this because it’s silly and this is what my phone thought I said.] LOL
These girls look like they need some sort of hot-rod motor bike to tear up the streets with.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 03-01-2021

That is so cool that the Vespa comes with a side-car. They're off on an adventure!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-02-2021

(03-01-2021, 04:30 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow, where did February go? I mean, I know it’s already a short month but it seems like you just started your face in February.

Do you actually dictate your posts?
Must be that accent, eh? (Or whatever the "eh" equivalent is in your remote part of the world!)

(03-01-2021, 05:34 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: That is so cool that the Vespa comes with a side-car.  They're off on an adventure!

There are two versions of the Vespa, one with a side-car and one without. Unfortunately, the sidecar cannot be detached.

Let MARCH OF THE MONSTERS commence:

[Image: 50991129573_d88abb4bf7_z.jpg]
1 March - Mattel MONSTER HIGH "Frightfully Tall" Elissabat

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-02-2021

(03-02-2021, 01:47 AM)davidd Wrote: Do you actually dictate your posts?
Heck yeah. I’m not typing responses on that tiny keyboard. I thought I was more articulate than my phone makes me out to be… I usually have to go back and correct things. But if the laptop isn’t on, I do still occasionally look in here on my phone because it’s a lot quicker.
So I lost track… How many Phicens do you actually have?
Today’s girl is colorful… So March is coming in like a monster? LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 03-02-2021

Ooh, purpley! I like her outfit.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 03-02-2021

(03-01-2021, 03:15 PM)davidd Wrote: LOL I'm both delighted and intimidated that somebody read through, and then remembered an item from, my 2021 Dolly Goals List! No, I have not yet transitioned to the DSLR, but now that I know somebody is paying attention, I'll have to start taking some of those goals seriously!

I'm naive and ever-believing. I always think everyone's read mine. Even when I write War and Peace. I almost always write War and Peace Tongue
(I also happen to remember this goal was already present on your 2020 list. No pressure Tongue I wish I also remembered why I went out to the kitchen just now, dang my selective mind Irritated )

Lady Bat seems rather scared, on the verge of starting to cry Oh My I wonder where Vampi is taking her - she seems to have a plan by the determined look on her face.

Well, I believe it's fully appropriate to make March the Monster Month. It certainly was the Monster Month last year, with lockdown hitting us like an unex-pected slap with a fish. And we thought we'll be back in the office in a couple of weeks...

Elissabat is a wonderful ghoul. Her outfit, her overly-purple overall look, her face-up... I also really like her name. I'm not a fan of the Frightfully Tall ghouls though, they are just too big for my taste, and for some reason, even though the bigger size could leave more room and possibilities for execution, they also seem more sloppily-done to me compared to the regular-sized MHs - the joints, while some are better, seem to hold the heavier limbs worse (though I've only ever handled such a doll once, so this might not be true for all, and might not be true for one right out of box), and the features like the face-up don't translate so well, aren't necessarily elaborate enough anymore on this larger scale.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 03-02-2021

I like Elissabat, but I can see how a really big one would be scary.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 03-02-2021

Elissabat is a very cool ghoul. I don’t think we got the Frightfully Tall versions here ever.

I did get the outfit, which Blondie Lockes has been wearing a couple of years now.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-03-2021

(03-02-2021, 05:46 AM)Alliecat Wrote: So I lost track… How many Phicens do you actually have?
So March is coming in like a monster?

Final count was thirty on the seamless figures.

I'm hoping the March of the Monsters will drive out the real horror that has been with us for the past year. If this **** goes on for much longer, I'm gonna sharpen up a pitchfork and light up some torches and do some marching of my own.

(03-02-2021, 06:25 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ooh, purpley! I like her outfit.

Spooky and elegant; I like it, too.

(03-02-2021, 07:36 AM)Loona Wrote: I'm naive and ever-believing. I always think everyone's read mine. Even when I write War and Peace. I almost always write War and Peace Tongue
(I also happen to remember this goal was already present on your 2020 list. No pressure Tongue I wish I also remembered why I went out to the kitchen just now, dang my selective mind Irritated )

Lady Bat seems rather scared, on the verge of starting to cry Oh My I wonder where Vampi is taking her - she seems to have a plan by the determined look on her face.

Well, I believe it's fully appropriate to make March the Monster Month. It certainly was the Monster Month last year, with lockdown hitting us like an unex-pected slap with a fish. And we thought we'll be back in the office in a couple of weeks...

Elissabat is a wonderful ghoul. Her outfit, her overly-purple overall look, her face-up... I also really like her name. I'm not a fan of the Frightfully Tall ghouls though, they are just too big for my taste, and for some reason, even though the bigger size could leave more room and possibilities for execution, they also seem more sloppily-done to me compared to the regular-sized MHs - the joints, while some are better, seem to hold the heavier limbs worse... and the features like the face-up don't translate so well, aren't necessarily elaborate enough anymore on this larger scale.

I always read your entertaining War & Peace length posts, every word, often multiple times through, and enjoy them immensely! And, uh, yeah, that camera goal has been around for a while.

Lady Bat is probably terrified by the idea of Vampi at the helm!

Yeah, you're right, it was a year ago that this  Rawr! started, wasn't it? And everybody in the entire world is still putting up with it. I cannot believe... never mind, y'all have heard and read too many of my rants already. But yeah, "if everybody wears a mask, this will all be over in two weeks... six weeks... three months...."

I, too, like the Elissabat name. So obvious, yet so perfect! I agree, the Tall Ghouls somehow lack the character in the face-ups that the smaller versions have. And I really dislike the unattractive knee joint design, although it is extremely flexible and allows for a much greater range of posing possibilities.
(03-02-2021, 02:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: I like Elissabat, but I can see how a really big one would be scary.

The Frightfully Tall versions were... well, they were tall, but an odd scale, not quite 1/4 scale and not quite 1/3 scale.

(03-02-2021, 04:43 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Elissabat is a very cool ghoul.  I don’t think we got the Frightfully Tall versions here ever.

I did get the outfit, which Blondie Lockes has been wearing a couple of years now.

Elissabat is a cool ghoul! Although simple, and arguably derivative of Draculaura, she is one of my fave MH designs.

The Frightfully Tall versions were not around for very long. Originally they were displayed standing upright in tall boxes, but later issues featured them in bent-knee positions so the boxes could be smaller.

March of the Monsters continues:

[Image: 50998627507_a1d88df99e_z.jpg]
2 March – Monster High Elissabat - Standard Size

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 03-03-2021

Now she does look scared. Has she met her Frightfully Tall sister?