The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-03-2021

She does look a bit "get me out of here".

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 03-03-2021

She's so much cuter than her Big Sister!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 03-03-2021

Oh, there's tiny regular-size Elissabat! She's lovely! And shows so well what I was trying to describe in my previous post - her features seem so much more lively and beautiful on the regular-sized MH head. Plus, she has my all-time favourite hand mold with the much more delicately-posed fingers. It suits her perfectly.
I have and love this version of her. She is currently in that white&purple spiderwebby dress that came in the deluxe Operetta fashion pack, and her hair is slightly restyled. I'm actually pretty proud of how the restyle turned out, but ashamed to admit I never took a photo of it. The rubber bands might have already come undone under the style... me any my procrastination around photographically preserving stuff I like... :/

(03-03-2021, 02:47 PM)Elfy Wrote: Now she does look scared. Has she met her Frightfully Tall sister?

I laughed out loud at this! So accurate!

(03-03-2021, 12:57 PM)davidd Wrote: I always read your entertaining War & Peace length posts, every word, often multiple times through, and enjoy them immensely! And, uh, yeah, that camera goal has been around for a while.

Oh why thank you blush It isn't like I want to talk you out of the DSLR (I have a baby myself, and love him. I too, should use him more often though - but I could never use anything else over him. And yes, it's a him :3 ), but nowadays the technology is advanced enough to produce pretty nice photos even with the help of less-advanced cameras, and, unless you want to go for certain types of shots that require certain features point&shoots or cell phone cameras do not have (like ones with bokeh that'd reqire a shallow depth-of-field), I don't necessarily see why you'd *need* to transition. Do you have pros and cons for wanting to transfer? Maybe coming up with such a list (or just reviewing it if you already have one, re-evaluating the importance of pros) would help you decide if this move would really be something you'd benefit from. It sucks to have a goal that you constantly fail to meet - so maybe it's worth checking if that goal is really something you actually want to meet, just to ensure you aren't hard on yourself for failing at something you might not even want to achieve that much smile

(OK, this is totally me posting during working hours and my people manager self talking XD sorry about that :3 )

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-04-2021

(03-03-2021, 02:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She does look a bit "get me out of here".

I suspect my photos are becoming increasingly auto-biographical.
Whacked

(03-03-2021, 11:59 PM)Loona Wrote: Do you have pros and cons for wanting to transfer? [to a DSLR camera] 

Yes... sort of. Perhaps I shall say more about that in the semi-near-term future.

[Image: 51001243293_256f4a96d6_z.jpg]
3 March – Monster High "Forbitten Love" Draculaura

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-04-2021

Well, that looks promising. The place has an exit…

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 03-04-2021

A ladder to escape.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 03-04-2021

Well, to me she looks a little lost... As much as I'd hope, I wouldn't be sure that ladder actually offers an escape.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 03-05-2021

I don’t really associate yellow with Draculaura (that’s more Frankie), but it works very well on this release.

She shouldn’t be fooled by the ladder - it won’t lead to escape.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 06:12 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I don’t really associate yellow with Draculaura (that’s more Frankie), but it works very well on this release.

She shouldn’t be fooled by the ladder - it won’t lead to escape.

Yeah, remember our friend werepuppy? This MH fig was a new purchase for me last year, influenced by one of werepuppy's posts.

You've been around long enough to know that, yes, the ladder is unlikely to lead to an escape route.

[Image: 51004203868_2c53fbfd1d_z.jpg]
4 March – Monster High Gigi Grant

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 03-05-2021

Does the ladder lead to Gigi’s cool bar?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 03-05-2021

Is that dolly mail you are sitting on, Gigi? I wish to know the contents of the box (that should be money easily earned, I could have wished for the lottery numbers for tomorrow wink ).

I dismissed this doll for a long time before I realised how lovely she is - I totally get the outfit and the hairstyle given her being a genie, but as is, she wasn't appealing to me. My interest was sparked when one day I stumbled upon a photo showing her redressed and with her hair down - that's when I suddenly noticed her lovely big eyes any adorable freckles, and decided to get her. I actually have both this version of her, and the Freaky Field Trip doll, and they are the typical example of why I own so many MH dolls - I definitely don't like her enough to warrant having 2 releases, but, even if I want to let one of them go, I just can't decide which one I like better...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-05-2021

Owner photos… “It’s a trap!” They are great for making you realize you need dolls you never thought about before. LOL So is this her stock outfit?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 03-05-2021

She’s a lovely release. A great hairstyle too!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-06-2021

(03-05-2021, 06:19 PM)Loona Wrote: Is that dolly mail you are sitting on, Gigi? I wish to know the contents of the box....

It is, indeed, dolly mail: another 1/12 motor scooter for the little figs, so they can race; a German army helmet; a pair of tall black vinyl boots; and a couple of Wild Hearts Crew figures who will appear when the time is right.

I did not know there was another release of Gigi. It is her remarkable hands that I find intriguing. They are different from any other Monster High release. Also, it is my belief that the hands with the long, curved nails are modeled after those of the genie in the 1940 film version of The Thief of Bagdad featuring actor Rex Ingram as a rather malevolent genie.

(03-05-2021, 06:27 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Owner photos… “It’s a trap!” They are great for making you realize you need dolls you never thought about before.   So is this her stock outfit?

A Doll A Day / Week often offers temptations we'd never even considered. Yes, that is the stock Gigi Grant costume.

March of the Monsters continues....

[Image: 51007771457_50df5dcd9d_z.jpg]
5 March – Monster High Jinafire Long (Scaris version)
and some of the "dolly mail" contents received yesterday

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-06-2021

She looks like she wants you to hurry up and open the box. You’re going to have a whole fleet of scooters!