The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-23-2021

Looks like she has found some interesting artifacts.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 03-23-2021

Is that a morningstar by her foot?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-24-2021

March of the Monsters continues...

[Image: 51067646792_e64a94fc0a_z.jpg]
23 March – Monster High... somethin'... I dunno

The box slid off the table while I was trying to frame the pic. Kinda emblematic of the way things are going lately. I figured there was no point in fighting a losing battle, so this'll have to do for today.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 03-24-2021

Weirdly enough I think the accident gives it an interesting aspect.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 03-25-2021

She's escaping! This reminds me of this octopus who, when there isn't any food left in his pool, goes and walks over to the next one, outside water  Heart 2 Do watch the video, if not for the octopus, for the hilarious startled fish at 2:05 LOL

The Great Scarrier Reef line had some interesting aspects, which started to become a rarer thing in MH by the time it came out (to me at least). I usually like sea-themed dolls, but mermaids are an execpetion for some reason, I was never really into them. This line however, has managed to get to me, and I have 5 dolls from it (Kala, pictured, isn't one of them). Funnily though, none of them are 'as is' - 3 are modified (headswapped - I didn't like their face-ups), and the other 2 will need a rehair (and probably a repaint, because, yeah, face-up Tongue ) if I decide to keep them.

That said, this is another line where Mattel could have done a much better job with those glow-in-the-dark elements - after the disappointment with the Haunted dolls not being GITD, I was over the Moon with excitement to learn these dolls will have GITD elements. And I felt as if I fell from a Moon-Earth distance height when the actual GITD elements were revealed... I don't want to sound insatiable, but the GITD parts are so tiny and negligible that it's almost as if they weren't there. It's probably worse, even - because this way everytime I see them, I don't go "GITD! YAY!", but rather "ah, bummer" - especially because the glow itself is also very faint. My 3 'definite keeper' girls are standing on the bookshelf right next to our bed, and I often peek over after turning off the lights before going to sleep to check how much they are glowing, and I probably wouldn't even notice the glow, if I didn't know what specifically to look at.

(03-21-2021, 01:01 PM)davidd Wrote: Also remarkable: the way these Monster High pics inspire your nostalgic musings! It makes me happy to see someone who is still excited about Monster High! neon was similarly fond of Monster High.

And I'm happy to be seeing such an influx of Monster High! I didn't realise I've been missing seeing fresh owner photos of them - I definitely did. That said though, as much as I like to think back to the golden days of the line with longing, I think I am OK with it being gone. The latter years weren't too interesting, and - while I didn't admit this then - the previous, golden years were so overwhelming in many aspects (dolls, merchandise, other content, photos, lively forum discussions) that there were times Monster High pretty much owned my days. Not that I minded back then, I don't know if there ever was another line of collectibles that I was able to engage in while the line was still available in stores - but I probably would have minded this overpowering effect, had it not been over before I started to feel overwhelmed. Now I mostly miss the forum community, and not the new upcoming releases - but most of those people have now moved on to collecting other stuff. I cannot understand that, but I guess if I could, I wouldn't be collecting almost exclusively discontinued stuff (it isn't intentional, but it is what it is).

I really like Lala's velvet dress - and Little Red Riding Wolf reminds me of a good friend I had and lost (because of my own stupidity in letting a "her or me" situation happen). She really, really liked her, and was on the hunt for her (no pun intended Tongue ) for a long time before finally finding her for a reasonable price on the secondary market.

(03-23-2021, 02:49 PM)Elfy Wrote: Is that a morningstar by her foot?
You are clearly spending too much time with Yari Tongue

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-25-2021

March of the Monsters continues:

[Image: 51000722130_0aaeeb707a_z.jpg]
24 March – Monster High "Ghouls Alive" Spectra Vondergeist

Unfortunately, unbearably slow Internet speed also continues. Like, it's making me long for the days of dial-up! I've been reading about Elon Musk's Starlink satellite Internet system. It's not yet available where I live, but once it is, I'm signing up!

Wish I could comment more, looks like there are some fun posts and comments on the forum, but getting a single page to load currently takes minutes per page.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-25-2021

Hmmm.... must be forum gremlins then. I mean, FB crashes my old browsers All The Time, but other pages mostly work. ...Actually, come to think of it, I gave up on Amazon once this evening too. Our village council has been getting requests for letters of support from telecom companies for a broadband fund application, but two of the 3 have no interest in actually serving us. The other one is local; there's hope for that one, but it's more ek$pensive.

At least this boxed girl has some airholes....
I'm thinking there should be a massive worldwide dolly protest of "free dolls" in solidarity with their boxed sisters & brothers. Hmm, I wonder if that would take off LOL
Took me a while to figure out the previous one; she's an octopus?

(03-25-2021, 06:58 AM)Loona Wrote: She's escaping! This reminds me of this octopus ....
Haha, I'm pretty sure I've seen that before. I watch all those nature shows.
Have you ever seen this one? https://www.pbs.org/video/octopus-making-contact-y8dyan/
Probably not viewable outside the USA; I saw it on TV. I didn't see any Youtube links other than previews. It was really interesting.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 03-25-2021

The forum has been super slow loading for me the last few days too, so it’s probably not ONLY your internet.

I spent a good chunk this morning swearing at my work computer because it wouldn’t connect to the remote session. Technology is overrated at times LOL

The mermaid is pretty, and sliding off the bench seems very fitting for this time.

And Spectra is one that makes a sound / glows? One of the Power Ghouls line?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-26-2021

March of the Monsters continues...

[Image: 51072551017_966143d418_z.jpg]
25 March – Monster High Ghouls Alive Frankie Stein

After a decade of never having been removed from her box, this Ghouls Alive Frankie Stein still lights up and makes electrical buzzing sounds! Very cool! Frankie was my favorite among the Ghouls Alive releases.

Today started off fine... for about an hour... and then went totally pear-shaped, hence another quick in-box snap. This might be my last boxed MH fig, so I'll be forced to take a "real picture" tomorrow.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-26-2021

Last couple of weeks around here have been more like durian-shaped, if we wanna talk about unpleasant... so I sympathize.
The trouble starts when you wake up enough to get out of bed. Don't do it.
She is... interesting... What are the circles on her face?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 03-26-2021

That is really creepy.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 03:11 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Last couple of weeks around here have been more like durian-shaped, if we wanna talk about unpleasant... so I sympathize.
The trouble starts when you wake up enough to get out of bed.  Don't do it.
She is... interesting...  What are the circles on her face?

I think the circles on her face are actually the little holes in the plastic box front - like the ones on the Spectra.

It’s a really spooky looking photo, the black & white eeriness.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 03-27-2021

Ah, that makes sense, box holes. It was hard to tell whether they were on or in front of her.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 03-27-2021

March of the Monsters continues:

[Image: 51074254568_efe13e85d3_z.jpg]
26 March – Monster High Lagoona Blue

Here she is, my very first, and still favorite, Monster High figure, purchased back in July 2010.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 03-28-2021

Aw! She looks good for almost eleven smile I like the webbed hands.