The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 01-11-2021

They look so content, having the whole beach all to themselves (I'd be too Tongue ) smile I'm sad to hear this will be the last one for awhile.
Was the beach really this deserted everytime you visited, or are you just like me, composing photos in a way that no people are present in them? My mother-in-law once asked us if we are doing our holiday sightseeings in weird times during the day (like, getting up very early), because she can seldom see people in my pictures. Nope, I just make an effort to not have anyone in the photo, because I hate it Tongue

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 07:02 PM)Loona Wrote: Was the beach really this deserted everytime you visited, or are you just like me, composing photos in a way that no people are present in them?

On this particular morning the beach was practically deserted because, contrary to how it may appear in the photo, the weather was quite chilly! My inaccurate illusions about Florida have been shattered; winter weather, at least in north and central Florida, can be cold. Above freezing... usually... but still quite brisk!

[Image: 50822381908_299cf756dd_z.jpg]
11 January ~ It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

[Image: 50823225367_56353a7a80_z.jpg]
Alligator Gift Shop and Wildlife Park
  Near Christmas, Florida

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 02:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: They do love the water. Maybe they need a boat?

They definitely need a boat! I’m keeping my eyes open!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-12-2021

That is an interestingly shaped gift shop!
Yep, "cold"... I recall hearing about frosts damaging citrus crops more than once. I'd still take it over freezing & snow.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-12-2021

The way you do perspective, making human sized things match up to the much smaller dolls is amazing.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 01-13-2021

Ooh, missed a couple of days.

The brick-orange/red lighthouse is a very unusual colour. Most of tge lighthouses I’ve seen here are white, with occasional red highlights.

Love the gift shop with Triv - did you also go into the park or only visited the outside for that great photo op?

I get you about the shattered illusions of warm places. A million years ago, we were on a family camping holiday (all our holidays involved camping), up through the centre of Australia, which is basically desert. I assumed (wrongly, but I was a kid), that it would be warm at night as it was so hot during the day. Nope, as soon as the sun went down, the temperature plummeted- we were very grateful for the campfire then!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-13-2021

(01-13-2021, 06:40 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: A million years ago, we were on a family camping holiday (all our holidays involved camping), up through the centre of Australia, which is basically desert.  I assumed (wrongly, but I was a kid), that it would be warm at night as it was so hot during the day.  Nope, as soon as the sun went down, the temperature plummeted- we were very grateful for the campfire then!

Campfire nights with family and friends in the Red Centre! That sounds like gloriously good fun! Even if the nights were chilly!

[Image: 50830159171_1abd4eb1e1_z.jpg]
12 January ~ Howdy from Texas, The Lone Star State, Y’all!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-13-2021

Cute little tour guide.
Did you drive all the way from Utah to Florida??

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-13-2021

Triv looks like she fits right in with her cute hat.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 01-13-2021

She’s certainly dressed appropriately for the area she’s visiting smile

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 01-14-2021

I've just learned about the existence of Christmas (the city) a couple of weeks ago, so seeing you travelling around there was a fun coincidence smile Lovely photos of Triv again, and I really like her Texas outfit with the belly button top.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-14-2021

(01-13-2021, 01:17 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Did you drive all the way from Utah to Florida??

Yup! Because lockdowns, mask mandates, a deadly plague, and riots in the streets, so what the hell: ROAD TRIP TIME!

(01-14-2021, 05:33 AM)Loona Wrote: I've just learned about the existence of Christmas (the city) a couple of weeks ago, so seeing you travelling around there was a fun coincidence.

I find it interesting that, living in Hungary in Eastern Europe, you were reading about Christmas, Florida!

I have now had the opportumity to visit both Christmas, Florida and North Pole, Alaska. Giant alligator gift shop not withstanding, North Pole, Alaska was more interesting because... aurora borealis (northern lights)!

[Image: 50832604223_699263c0f7_z.jpg]
13 January ~ “Watch out for WHAT?”

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-14-2021

That reminds me somewhat of our girls encountering a beware of crocodiles sign up in Far North Queensland.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 10:22 AM)davidd Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 05:33 AM)Loona Wrote: I've just learned about the existence of Christmas (the city) a couple of weeks ago, so seeing you travelling around there was a fun coincidence.

I find it interesting that, living in Hungary in Eastern Europe, you were reading about Christmas, Florida!

It came up before the holidays, as a 'fun fact' in a Christmas quiz my company organised Sweatdrop

That sign seems scary - as much as I wish our waters were more diverse in their fauna, alligators and crocodiles are among the animals I'm happy we don't have around here.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 02:25 PM)Elfy Wrote: That reminds me somewhat of our girls encountering a beware of crocodiles sign up in Far North Queensland.

Have you ever seen crocs in the wild, not in a zoo?

(01-14-2021, 08:03 PM)Loona Wrote: ... alligators and crocodiles are among the animals I'm happy we don't have around here.

I spotted an alligator in the wild, not in a zoo or a pen, a bit later at another stop. I’ve wanted to see a live wild alligator since I was a little kid, so that was kind of a thrill! I did not venture close enough to get a doll picture.  Sweatdrop 

[Image: 50834121583_71722db588_z.jpg]
14 January ~ The Thrill of the Hunt Continues

To my surprise, I discovered a New Old Stock Monster High Gloom Beach Clawdeen Wolf doll on a toy shelf in a drug store in rural southeast Texas today! They had this single Gloom Beach [2011 release) and one of the budget “reboot” dolls.

Gloom Beach was the second line of MH figures to be released. The rollout was slow and inconsistent. I remember those days of spending hours driving to different stores over a period of many weeks, searching for the elusive new line. I should have been patient and waited... for ten years!
yay