The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 06-09-2021

(06-08-2021, 03:53 PM)Alliecat Wrote: He looks fun.  Is he going to get let out of his box?

I don't know yet. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why I bought this fig. It was another impulse buy, but at least it was cheap.
I did not know that Hasbro marketed the Action Man line in the States, but apparently they did, briefly, in the mid-1990s. Action Man was originally a licensed European version of GI Joe.

(06-08-2021, 04:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: A new star for the comic?

Star? Probably not. More like a background extra. Maybe he will eventually work his way up to small speaking parts.

(06-08-2021, 05:09 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Interesting "weapon" he's got there.  They have some great accessories!

Yes, most of the Action Man sets have cool accessories... that shoot projectiles of some sort or other!

8 June - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: june8a.jpg]
8 June - Hasbro Action Man Jungle Dart - circa 1996

[Image: june8b.jpg]
Hasbro Action Man Jungle Dart - carton back panel

[Image: june8c.jpg]
Hasbro Action Man Jungle Dart - figure close-up

A few members on action figure forums have suggested substituting trimmed down barbecue skewer sticks for the included soft blow-gun darts, saying they work very well and are capable of "sticking in to" targets.

Action figure fandom: it's like never growing old; or at least, never growing up!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 06-09-2021

Hahaha, you blow through his arm to fire it? LOL xp
He looks fun too. I think you could do all kinds of neat photostories with these guys and your fabulous scenic backdrops.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 06-10-2021

(06-09-2021, 01:42 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Hahaha, you blow through his arm to fire it?  

It appears so, yes. Rather odd. I have not yet opened the carton.

9 June - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: june9.jpg]
9 June - Too Tired to Try

I don't even know for sure what or who all is in this box, and I'm feeling too tired to bother looking through it.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 06-10-2021

I’ve used one of those blow guns. They’re quite fun. Just don’t inhale.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 06-11-2021

(06-10-2021, 11:20 AM)davidd Wrote: I don't even know for sure what or who all is in this box, and I'm feeling too tired to bother looking through it.
Aw sad Hope you get some dolly mojo back soon.

(06-10-2021, 03:59 PM)Elfy Wrote: I’ve used one of those blow guns. They’re quite fun. Just don’t inhale.
LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 06-11-2021

(06-10-2021, 03:59 PM)Elfy Wrote: I’ve used one of those blow guns. They’re quite fun. Just don’t inhale.

I hope your words of wisdom are not from direct experience!

(06-11-2021, 04:35 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Aw sad  Hope you get some dolly mojo back soon.

The "dolly mojo" is largely still there. It is actual physical energy that is sadly lacking. Good to be busy, I suppose.

10 June - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: june10.jpg]
10 June - Sweet Sixteen... almost!

Hard to believe my little girl is turning sixteen years old! Still not old enough to drink... legally... but... sixteen years old!

Pinky-Street PK009 Reina's actual birthday, based on her first appearance in my Flickr photostream, is next month, 12 July. Her "older sister" PK005 Kokoro's birthday is coming up on 29 June.

I think I'll need to schedule a Sweet Sixteen party!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 06-12-2021

Cute. Posts like this make me wish I had written down the arrival dates of all of my dolls. I'm not sure why I didn’t; maybe because I didn’t ex-pect to end up with so many. I do know when Sunsette’s birthday is, but not really the rest of them.
Yes, you will have to do a party photo!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 06-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 02:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Posts like this make me wish I had written down the arrival dates of all of my dolls. 

I use the First Appearance on Flickr as the "birthday" for my dolls. That used to work, back when I opened parcels right away and promptly posted pictures. The method is not as accurate for more recent arrivals.

Your reason for editing made me laugh!   LOL

11 June - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: june11.jpg]
11 June - Battle-Scarred Veteran

I spotted this sad, forgotten soldier in the parking lot of the town dump today. Alas, he was beyond saving, but he received a proper and dignified burial. Or... he will, once the truck comes and hauls the dumpster contents to the landfill.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 06-12-2021

Sad... I guess I'm too sentimental about toys. I'd like them all to be well taken care of in good homes. LOL
I didn't know there was a "first appearance on Flickr". How do you find that? That would work for me, at least to within a few days.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 06-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 01:52 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Sad...  I guess I'm too sentimental about toys.  I'd like them all to be well taken care of in good homes. 
I didn't know there was a "first appearance on Flickr".  How do you find that?  That would work for me, at least to within a few days.

I almost brought the soldier home, but he was broken in several places, quite brittle, and badly scraped up. I want to save them all, too. I'd feel right at home living on the Island of Misfit Toys.

I have to manually look for the first Flickr appearances of my dolls and toys. I have albums for most of the "major characters" and doll types.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 06-12-2021

Poor guy. Gave his life bravely I am sure. The trip I used the blow gun on was rather adventurous. I also thought I was going to get my thumb amputated at one point as well.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 06-13-2021

(06-12-2021, 04:29 PM)Elfy Wrote: The trip I used the blow gun on was rather adventurous. I also thought I was going to get my thumb amputated at one point as well.

Sounds like there's a story there!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 06-13-2021

We were hiking through a stream in the rainforest. My foot rolled on a loose rock, and in grabbing at a branch so I wouldn’t fall over I got a splinter under my thumbnail. Our guide pulls out this big Crocodile Dundee knife and starts poking around under my thumbnail. I actually think he drive the splinter in further. Back at camp we pared away most of my thumbnail with a Swiss Army knife, removed the splinter and the crushed the juice of a leaf (they referred to this as jungle penicillin) on the thumb. It’s been all good ever since.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 06-13-2021

(06-13-2021, 11:31 AM)Elfy Wrote: Our guide pulls out this big Crocodile Dundee knife and starts poking around under my thumbnail....

Oh My Now that's a story!

12 June - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: june12.jpg]
12 June - Triv watches the red cliffs change colour as the sun sets

Smart Doll symphony and the Sevier River Valley (Long Valley) in southern Utah.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 06-13-2021

Lovely serene shot! You do have some great landscapes there.

(06-13-2021, 11:31 AM)Elfy Wrote: ...Our guide pulls out this big Crocodile Dundee knife and starts poking around under my thumbnail....
EW EW EW!!! I'd have been shrieking. I wonder what kind of leaf it was?