The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 01-15-2021

Not sure about Elfy, but I have. On a different trip to the other one I mentioned (this was the first one, I was about 10, we did 10 weeks thru South Australia, Western Australia & Northern Territory), we did a cruise through Katherine Gorge (is called something else now), and saw plenty sunning themselves on the river banks. Also a couple swimming, so we kept our hands out of the water.

One of the best signs I ever saw was also on that trip. We had gone out to the border of Arnhem Land, about 100km inland. The sign on the river bank at the crossing said beware of Crocodiles AND sharks!

Nice fmd in the little shop - you just need to be patient & you will find them eventually LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-15-2021

(01-14-2021, 11:38 PM)davidd Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 02:25 PM)Elfy Wrote: That reminds me somewhat of our girls encountering a beware of crocodiles sign up in Far North Queensland.

Have you ever seen crocs in the wild, not in a zoo?

Not here in Australia, but I have seen them in Africa. The ones there are smaller than ours.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-15-2021

(01-15-2021, 06:30 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: One of the best signs I ever saw was also on that trip.  We had gone out to the border of Arnhem Land, about 100km inland.  The sign on the river bank at the crossing said beware of Crocodiles AND sharks!

Now THAT’S an adventure! And that’s the REAL Australia, right?    LOL

[Image: 50836122158_89c8f9a1bf_z.jpg]
15 January – The Pinky Street Girls Examine Sea Turtle Bones
on the Beach at Padre Island National Seashore
on the Gulf Coast of Texas

[Image: 50837972576_63192d7d2e_z.jpg]

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-16-2021

I never think of beaches when I think of Texas, but obviously they have them.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-16-2021

Ooo, that reminds me of finding honu shell pieces at Mermaid Ponds in Puna >sigh< Nobody was quite sure what they were at first, so I was quite pleased to be the one who guessed what they were smile
The Pinkies look like they could be poster girls for a conservation campaign -- they're mad that this turtle died and they want to know who's to blame!
It would be weird to live in a place with 'beware of alligators' signs. It was weird enough seeing the bear & cougar warnings in B.C.! Did you get a pic of the gator (minus the dolls)?
Yay for a dolly souvenir of the trip!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-17-2021

(01-16-2021, 04:19 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Did you get a pic of the gator (minus the dolls)?

Yes, I believe I got a few decent alligator photos, but they are on a different camera so I can’t really check them until I get home and have access to a computer.

[Image: 50840274262_86e4b6ab30_z.jpg]
16 January – Deep in the Heart of Texas
Triv stops to see the “geographic center of Texas” monument
in the town of Brady, Texas

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-17-2021

Did Triv perform a rousing rendition of ‘Deep in the Heart of Texas’?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-17-2021

Geographic centers/borders/parallels etc. are fun. Somehow this also looks rather early in the morning to me...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 01-17-2021

(01-17-2021, 02:11 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Geographic centers/borders/parallels etc. are fun.

I (and my family) have been to all the State border corners in Australia (except the WA / SA / NT one, as that's pretty inaccessible - even by Aussie standards  LOL  ). Also the exact Geographic centre of Australia, which is about 200km from Alice Springs.
And Elfy & I have been to Greenwich & stood on the the Meridian lines.  And I've probably stomped over the Tropic of Capricorn lines on one of our trips around Australia, but I don't remember exactly (these trips I've been talking about through this thread are all 25-35 years ago - which horrifies me when I think about it too much  LOL )
They are fun places to visit.

Triv looks right at home against the sign there!  Is she considering moving states?

The Pinkies look seriously pissed about finding the turtle bones.  Like Elfy, I don't think of Texas having beaches, but if you spend a moment looking at a map, you can see that's not true!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - neon_jellyfish - 01-17-2021

Sorry for missing so many days! Usual migreasons.

I love all the beach and lighthouse photos! I am a bit disappointed by the lack of real wild alligator dolly photo, though. LOL

And congrats on discovery of precious ancient relic from golden age of monsters! Aaaah, the nostalgia.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-18-2021

(01-17-2021, 02:11 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Geographic centers/borders/parallels etc. are fun.  Somehow this also looks rather early in the morning to me...

Late afternoon, enhanced with some iPad filtering.
Yes, always fun to visit “points on a map!”

(01-17-2021, 06:33 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I (and my family) have been to all the State border corners in Australia (except the WA / SA / NT one, as that's pretty inaccessible - even by Aussie standards  LOL  ). Also the exact Geographic centre of Australia, which is about 200km from Alice Springs.

Triv looks right at home against the sign there!  Is she considering moving states?

All the “corners” in Australia! That’s enormously impressive! I’d love to do something like that! And the Geographic Center of Australia? Now that is truly awesome! I’ve visited Four Corners in the States, and a couple of years ago I made a two hour detour to see the Geographic Center of the US in Kansas, which was conveniently close to the Worlds Largest Ball of Twine, so double score that time! 

Actually, there was an element of “location scouting” to this trip.

(01-17-2021, 11:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Sorry for missing so many days!

I am a bit disappointed by the lack of real wild alligator dolly photo, though.

I was afraid you had left us, off to greener pastures!

I, too, am disappointed by my failure to get a wild alligator dolly pic. I should have been able to figure out a way to make that work.

[Image: 50845256152_0cc9022983_z.jpg]
17 January – Wagons... ho!
Last Day on the Trail, Somewhere in Arizona

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - neon_jellyfish - 01-18-2021

(01-18-2021, 01:26 AM)davidd Wrote: I was afraid you had left us, off to greener pastures!

Or the Great Beyond, that would be more likely in my case wink

Nice Old West vibes in this one!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 01-18-2021

Definitely looks like a promo for a western! I'd watch!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-18-2021

I thought “magazine cover”. That’s a cool shot.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 01-18-2021

Whoa, that sea turtle bone photo is so cool - as weird as this will likely sound, I've been fascinated by bones ever since I was a little girl (I didn't have goth, doctor or paleontologist parents, or anything that sort, I really don't know where that came from). I once picked up and took home a fox skull from the forest behind my grandmother's house. As an adult, I sometimes seriously wonder how I have never picked up an infection, thinking of all the things I picked up and brought home Tongue

Triv continues ex-ploring! I love the photo with the huge wheel - and that monument looks nice. I've only ever been to the geographical center of historical Hungary (it's in the county my husband is from), I'm not sure we even have a monument where the current center is it turns out we do, I just checked. And I've also been to the Arctic circle monument in the north of Finland when I visited the country for the first time, in my teens. I don't remember visiting any other similar monuments.