The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 07-22-2021

I love the baseball cap.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 07-22-2021

What's funny to me is that they aren't even trying to make the dolls look princessy. Where is the frill, where is the full-length ball gown? On the other hand, I guess this can be a good thing, if it channels that princesses are just like everyone else, and it isn't in the looks, and thus, everyone can be a princess.
So... I get which Disney princess the redhead is cosplaying, but who is casual chick in the white top and pink skirt?

Those are some nice goodies - I especially like the cap and the glasses. And the girl who is modelling the glasses is adorable altogether - she instantly triggered my "I wish Smart Dolls were smaller"-button. Sad that the smaller versions never materialised (my wallet disagrees though Tongue ).

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 07-23-2021

21 July - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: july21a.jpg]
21 July - Wild Hearts Crew Kenna Roswell

[Image: july21b.jpg]

[Image: july21c.jpg]

I was watching both of these Kenna Roswell figures on eBay, and the sellers each offered to sell them for $12 USD... including shipping. That is less than they originally cost in the stores. In fact, at $12, I suspect the sellers lost money after paying shipping and eBay fees.

A friend on another forum has been wanting the clothing from a Kenna figure, so that is where one of the outfits is headed. I've needed another Kenna costume for a project of my own.

22 July - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: july22a.jpg]
22 July - Seamless Simulacrum of Wild Hearts Crew Kenna Roswell

The face sculpt on the seamless custom version lacks the cheerful side-eye perkiness of the original. I have another head with blue-ish hair that I'll try... if I can find it.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 07-23-2021

She sounds quite adventurous. Her story about having her camera put me in mind of Nancy Drew or Trixue Belden.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 07-24-2021

Oh, this is the first time I'm seeing the packaging of these dolls - they look cool with the graphics resembling a pink jacket! And I also like the text on the back - I can totally relate to that ^^
I had to scroll back and forth to see where the sleeveless top came from before I realised it's under the purple one - so the outfit includes a piece of garment that has details like graphics even though it's mostly covered - how cool is that?! In the world of "print at the front, solid colour at the back"-type Barbie outfits sly it's a relief to see something like this.

The fit on the seamless body is really good - but seamless girl makes original Kenna look rather orange in comparison Tongue It's a shame some of the personality is lost with the smirk gone. I hope you'll manage to locate the blue-haired head, I'd be excited to see how it'd look like paired up with the outfit smile

Are you using any method to colorfast the clothes before you put them on the seamless bodies? I have zero first-hand ex-perience with these bodies, but I read they get stained easily, so I'd probably be super-worried - they aren't cheap in the first place, but it's also concerning that I'm not sure any of the usual methods used for removing stains from plastic would be safe to use on a rubbery body like this.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 07-24-2021

They’re a cute pair. Sounds like you got a good deal. But now the poor new girls have no clothes? I can relate to carrying a camera, although I’m looking for moments in nature rather than epic history or the fabulous antics of others.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 07-25-2021

The glowing rocks are so cool - no wonder Carly (and you) were so excited.

One thing that amuses me no end as I wander thru the shopping centre near work is the $2 shops & the "range" of princess dolls (and equivalent lines in other toys) that infiltrate them. Sometimes I can find a nicer version of the toddler dolls (that's where my two princess dolls came from), but mostly they look like the 2 you posted. Except blue & white - invoking Snow/Ice Princess LOL

The baseball cap for the new girl is very neat.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 07-25-2021

Thats an excellent bargain you got with the Kenna dolls, and it's another indication that there's really no profit to be made in toy-collecting, especially current playline dolls.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 08-01-2021

Pics are in queue. Things have been absurdly busy and exhausting, and then the Internet went down for several days. I'll get caught up with the posting here... soon... ish.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 08-02-2021

Alliecat Wrote:Do all the Kennas have the same side-eye, or are there variations?

Same side-eye. There was only a single Wild Hearts Crew release, so no variations on the five core characters.

A Doll A Day 2021: Playing Catch-Up:

[Image: july23.jpg]
23 July - New Cap for Addie

[Image: july24.jpg]
24 July - Ol' Blue Eyes

[Image: july25.jpg]
25 July - Pesky Pterodactyls

[Image: july26.jpg]
26 July - Masks? Again? Even if we're vaccinated? THIS IS MADNESS!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 08-02-2021

(07-22-2021, 04:03 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Yes, I know how that scenario goes, although I am more usually closer to the dollar store bracket.  (Not about the groceries; I'm just cheap I refuse to pay high prices for doll stuff.)  The minis are getting a treat and I went "HOW much??!" when the total came up.  Oh well, I got a little discount code.

I'm usually much closer to the dollar store bracket as well. Sub dollar store bracket - as in, dragging stuff home from the dump (which is worth its weight in fun). I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately, spoiling myself and my little plastic pals. Spoiling myself by spoiling my little plastic pals. There are a few spur of the moment purchases I'm somewhat regretting, but... well, I think the MASK MADNESS is getting to me. Now they're back to masks and vaccine passports and possible lockdowns again when the numbers do not justify it! And you have to work to chase down the real numbers. I do not understand why the mass media is fully on board with locking the country down and making lives miserable. No, not "saving lives." This has little to nothing to... 'kay, I don't want to rant. Or else I'll end up buying something more that I shouldn't, or don't really want.

That denim Smart Doll cap is really nice. I need to do an entire review on just that one little piece. Since I placed my order, the grey one has come back in stock. But I don't need another one, do I? Depends on what tales of woe and horror and oppression the news media will be peddling next week, I suppose.

Anyway, yeah, I'm feeling kinda guilty for the doll spending. But what the heck, we're all gonna be dead here in a few weeks, right? Because nothing can stop the Delta... except for Delta-Plus! And that's only until Lambda kicks in to high gear!
Rawr!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 08-02-2021

Addie rocks that cap, in fact the entire outfit.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 08-02-2021

That cap looks even more awesome on Addie than how it looked on its own in the stock photo. I haven't actually seen the grey one, but even though I'm a massive monochrome lover, I actually think this colour suits her rosy cheeks better than a grey one would.

The main problem with the whole vaccination thing is that when you get your shots, you will be protected (well, more or less, it seems - my father and his girlfriend, both around the age of 70, have just been called in to get a third jab, because the first two they've received during spring didn't seem to be effective enough  slash ), but you can still spread the stuff - which sucks massively. Based on this, while I don't like it myself, I do see why places are reintroducing masks as a mandatory thing. My main problem with this whole situation is that there is no end in sight. Until when will this drag along? Until everyone gets vaccinated? That isn't actually possible though...  there are conditions that don't work well with the vaccine, and some people with certain conditions or illnesses wil never be able to get the vaccinated even if there are enough shots for a country's whole population. So who decides when to "stop caring" about these people and let the others go back to what was once normal, knowing that it will put risk on others? I do not envy the people who have to make these "playing gods"-type decisions...
Ever since we've reached the magic 5.5million (over half of our population) we have been back to normal, with masks only being mandatory in healthcare buildings, but, while I enjoy the conditions, they seem a little careless - especially considering the restrictions of other countries around us - and I imagine we will see restrictions again starting from autumn. We are currently trying to plan a holiday, and it's often shocking to see what other (and basically always stricter) conditions are in place in countries just within a few hours drive.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 08-03-2021

(08-02-2021, 01:38 PM)davidd Wrote: I'm usually much closer to the dollar store bracket as well. Sub dollar store bracket - as in, dragging stuff home from the dump (which is worth its weight in fun). I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately, spoiling myself and my little plastic pals. Spoiling myself by spoiling my little plastic pals.
Hehe, yes, this. I can't wait to show off the minis' new toys, but am so busy, backlogged with photos already, and just launching into another major project (interior painting). But yeah, it's fun to spoil them, isn't it.
And yay for useable dump finds! They probably do this elsewhere too, but, I loved seeing the Hilo transfer station where there was a sort of thrift shop right on the premises. The money went to recycling, or keeping something like that going, or some good cause. I guess you can still scavenge a bit at ours?, for larger items, but it's discouraged somewhat now, I think.

NB went "green" on the weekend, with the lifting of the provincial emergency order. Library staff were gleefully ripping up all the direction signage off the floor. No more restrictions -- although private businesses can impose their own. Meanwhile, opening the provincial borders without restrictions as well, for the jabbed at least, and supposedly the national one to come this month, which seems like asking for trouble, but what do I know. I hope everyone enjoys the few weeks, because with the USA (at least according to CNN) and some other provinces down by the stern again, there will be another wave... and another, till it mutates itself out of viability (didn't the 1918 flu do that?). And the science keeps developing/changing, so what is known keeps changing and what they think they should do is also changing. This doesn't surprise me. Now that they've decided the poked have just as much viral load as the un-poked, it probably won't be long before someone shows it's mutating in them just as easily.
>sigh< I don't want to rant either. I'm not gonna say anything in case I say something LOL

Anyway, fun photos. Is the pterodactyl one part of an AMMO story? It looks like there should be some sort of plotline behind it. And it's always nice to see Frank. He seems a very good likeness. I'd love to see how a really good customizer could tweak him into a really realistic double.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 08-04-2021

(08-03-2021, 11:25 AM)Alliecat Wrote: (...) And it's always nice to see Frank.  He seems a very good likeness.  I'd love to see how a really good customizer could tweak him into a really realistic double.
These were my thoughts exactly. He looks awesome enough for an action figure face based on actual people, but I imagine he'd actually spring to life with a little help from someone like our mutual favourite Noel Cruz  LOL