The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 08-28-2021

Quote:FINALLY! ALL CAUGHT UP!

Not only caught up, but ahead? Unless you're stuck in a time warp (or I am)? (It's not August 28 yet, and I think you're a couple time zones behind me...)

Is it wrong that I find the vintage nuns delightfully creepy? I feel like they need their own thread where you post periodic pictures of them photo-bombing your other characters and getting into mischief. smile

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 08-28-2021

You could have the nuns start a convent to look after some of your other dolls.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 08-28-2021

(08-28-2021, 11:52 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Maybe they could become the guardians of your crew or something, with an annual visit to the top of the Christmas tree?
. . .
Anyway, it was fun to see such a big bunch of photos all at once.

Okay... that's perfect. The nuns will remain intact. (I'll need to hit eBay again to find some broken ones!)

It’s easier to respond to a big batch of pics. You can be selective rather than trying to think up something nice to say about every image.

(08-28-2021, 12:13 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote:
Quote:FINALLY! ALL CAUGHT UP!

Not only caught up, but ahead? 

Is it wrong that I find the vintage nuns delightfully creepy? I feel like they need their own thread where you post periodic pictures of them photo-bombing your other characters and getting into mischief. smile

Ermmm.... yeah, you guys are paying attention, aren't ya? Didn't know, after this mega-post, if I could trust myself to post again in a few hours.  Sweatdrop

The nun dolls are slightly spooky... but cute... isn't the word "spoopy?"

And now the nuns have another assignment, in addition to Christmas duties! Brill idea!  LOL

(08-28-2021, 01:00 PM)Elfy Wrote: You could have the nuns start a convent to look after some of your other dolls.

Or an asylum! Like the Longue Pointe Asylum in Quebec, Canada - which was run by nuns, and at which inmates were purportedly chained to the walls and beaten. That was before the fire.
Whacked

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 08-28-2021

The nuns are fun, and I think you've got lots of alternative ideas for it.

Like the Kennas, and also the Clawdeen - is she a specific line, or is her armor from somewhere else (I'm not great with the various lines of MH dolls, much better with EAH).

Hurrah for catching up with the posting - I'm so impressed that you've done this challenge 3 years in a row - at times I struggle to do a weekly photo!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 08-29-2021

(08-28-2021, 07:23 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: ... and also the Clawdeen - is she a specific line, or is her armor from somewhere else?

The Clawdeen is from the Monster High Power Ghouls line. Her character is called Wonder Wolf.

29 August - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: august29.jpg]
29 August - Curses! Foiled Again!

Jakks Pacific Winx Club Musa doll. I think I still have her costume somewhere... but where? That's what she'd like to know! And what's with the foil? Why is she not wearing her costume? I honestly do not remember the circumstances that resulted in her becoming unclothed... unless... is she one that I purchased pre-owned and unclothed? I know that Musa was one of the more challenging figures to find. I don't recall ever purchasing an unclothed Winx Club doll, but then, there are a lot of things I seem to be having trouble recalling these days.

Ohhhh! I researched this mystery using my own Flickr photos. Musa - Concert Collection Musa - was last seen in her original outfit back in 2012. Nearly a decade ago! I didn't really realize I'd had her this long! My, how the time flies! Apparently she traded her costume in for a Pullip outfit: later in 2012 she was wearing a Pullip Neo Noir costume. She does not appear again in photos until 2018, rather a long hiatus, when she is wearing nearly nothing. The old photos, however, have helped me identify her missing costume pieces. An Integrity Toys Dynamite Girl is wearing her top. I saw her blue shorts in a box just a few days ago. They had been borrowed by a Bratz fig for a while. I'm not sure what has become of her metallic red skirt or her black boots. Maybe the Dynamite Girl is wearing the boots, too, I'll have to check.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 08-29-2021

Winx? Is that what the TV show was based on? We actually watched that.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 08-29-2021

The foil actually looks like a passable outfit. She could be some famous actress on the red carpet whose "dress" is going to be the talk of the internet the next day...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 08-30-2021

(08-29-2021, 08:19 PM)Elfy Wrote: Winx? Is that what the TV show was based on? We actually watched that.

Yes, the live action show was based (very loosely) on an older (2004) animated series. There have been Winx Club dolls from several manufacturers over the years.

(08-29-2021, 11:58 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: The foil actually looks like a passable outfit. She could be some famous actress on the red carpet whose "dress" is going to be the talk of the internet the next day...

It might be fun to try to turn the "burrito wrap" in to an actual outfit.

30 August - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: august30.jpg]
30 August - Revoltech Fräulein "Tohsaka Rin" Figure

Another fig that doesn't get out much. Rin is one of two Revoltech figures remaining in my collection. I find Revoltech figures too fragile to be fun.

I'm not sure what franchise, if any, the character is from. I just thought she was cute.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 08-30-2021

You have an endless supply of new and interesting characters! And is that a lava lamp?
I agree with Dargos about the tinfoil outfit — high fashion! LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 08-30-2021

I know nothing about anime, but that figure looks like she just stepped off the screen and onto your shelf.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 09-01-2021

(08-30-2021, 04:58 PM)Alliecat Wrote: And is that a lava lamp?
I agree with Dargos about the tinfoil outfit — high fashion!

What looks like a lava lamp is an unusual shaped souvenir snow globe. I've wanted a lava lamp since the first time I saw one when I was a wee little kid, but strangely, it's something I've never actually owned. My understanding is that it's a matter of luck whether you'll get a "good one" or not. Some lava lamps are very active. Others just kind of sit there like lumps and don't do much.

In addition to being fashionable, the tinfoil outfit may offer the wearer some protection against government mind control waves.  yay

(08-30-2021, 05:19 PM)Elfy Wrote: I know nothing about anime, but that figure looks like she just stepped off the screen and onto your shelf.

I looked it up. The character of Tohsaka Rin first appeared in a graphic novel (manga) series called Fate/stay night in 2004, and has since appeared in additional manga novels, in animated versions of the novels, and in video games based on the novels.

31 August - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: august31.jpg]
31 August - Photo Safari with Sally LaSalle, the Maid for Adventure Girl

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 09-01-2021

Cool vehicle! I wonder what they'll find on their safari.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 12:33 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Cool vehicle!  I wonder what they'll find on their safari.

They found rocks and dirt, mostly. The vehicle is cool because it's remote controlled. Even more cool, I drove it around for about an hour... over rocks and dirt... and neither of the passengers fell out, they did not lose any of their cargo, and their hats and cameras remained in place!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 09-01-2021

The car is great. They’ve definitely gone off road there.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 09-02-2021

1 September - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51417819432_29bab8401c_z.jpg]

[Image: 51417819027_8d5601e9e4_z.jpg]

[Image: 51419326999_e26fc160f8_z.jpg]

[Image: 51418560721_ba93d4e4c3_z.jpg]

[Image: 51419545315_a41557a608_z.jpg]

[Image: 51418559771_cb3c2b40ca_z.jpg]
1 September - A Doll A Day 2021