The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Aichan - 11-06-2021

Your Smart Dolls are amazing. I am glad you gave them a break they deserve it, cleaning, cooking, working on cars. They do it all !

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-06-2021

5 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51657723906_0935556bba_z.jpg]
5 November - TBLeague "Steampunk Red Sonja" Action Figure

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 11-06-2021

That nautilus is really funky. Will you be taking it along for the winter? You could do some cool stuff with tide pools or other beachy settings.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 11-07-2021

The nautilus is cool.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-07-2021

(11-06-2021, 01:50 PM)Alliecat Wrote: That nautilus is really funky. Will you be taking it along for the winter? You could do some cool stuff with tide pools or other beachy settings.

I had not planned to, but now that you've mentioned the possibilities, I may consider doing so.

6 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 6nova.jpg]
6 November - Dashing Young Military Officer?

[Image: 6novb.jpg]
"Wait! Lemme get my hat! Much dashing-er with the hat, eh?"

This action figure is based on a real life British Special Forces fighter of World War Two named Paddy Mayne. Supposedly the figure represents Mayne in 1942, when he was fighting the Germans in North Africa. At the time, Mayne would have been 27 years old.

To me, this figure looks more like somebody easily twice that age. Maybe it's the way I've outfitted the figure. The complete set is very nice, and includes the white knit sweater and a bunch of cool army gear - belts and scabbards and a machine-gun. But still... does he really look like a war hero when he's wearing that sweater?

Rather than looking like a fit young soldier in his mid-twenties, to me this figure looks like your fifty-something uncle who shows up on holidays, has a few drinks too many, tells some off-color jokes, and reminisces nostalgically about his days on the high school football team and his two-year stint in the army... when he was in the same unit in which Elvis had served.

[Image: 6novc.jpg]

Then he hits on your sister's best friend and your dad asks him to leave.

[Image: 6novd.jpg]
"Let me remind you – I'm a veteran!"

See you next Christmas, Uncle Henry!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-07-2021

(11-06-2021, 01:50 PM)Alliecat Wrote: That nautilus is really funky. Will you be taking it along for the winter? You could do some cool stuff with tide pools or other beachy settings.

I had not planned to, but now that you've mentioned the possibilities, I may consider doing so.

6 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 6nova.jpg]
6 November - Dashing Young Military Officer?

[Image: 6novb.jpg]
"Wait! Lemme get my hat! Much dashing-er with the hat, eh?"

This action figure is based on a real life British Special Forces fighter of World War Two named Paddy Mayne. Supposedly the figure represents Mayne in 1942, when he was fighting the Germans in North Africa. At the time, Mayne would have been 27 years old.

To me, this figure looks more like somebody easily twice that age. Maybe it's the way I've outfitted the figure. The complete set is very nice, and includes the white knit sweater and a bunch of cool army gear - belts and scabbards and a machine-gun. But still... does he really look like a war hero when he's wearing that sweater? (The sweater is based on a what Mayne is wearing in a widely published 1942 photo from North Africa.)

Rather than looking like a fit young soldier in his mid-twenties, to me this figure looks like your fifty-something uncle who shows up on holidays, has a few drinks too many, tells some off-color jokes, and reminisces nostalgically about his days on the high school football team and his two-year stint in the army... when he was in the same unit in which Elvis had served.

[Image: 6novc.jpg]

Then he hits on your sister's best friend and your dad asks him to leave.

[Image: 6novd.jpg]
"Let me remind you – I'm a veteran!"

See you next Christmas, Uncle Blair!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 11-07-2021

Your description made me LOL. I went back and erased what I'd started to write because I googled this guy in the middle of replying and it actually is a pretty good likeness of some of the photos! Although maybe a wee bit older-looking.
Someone should make a movie about this guy. He had quite a career.
Yes, definitely dashing-er with the hat.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 11-07-2021

That looks like a very cozy sweater! I was going to say not many guys can pull off a white sweater look, but honestly not many people in general can pull off a white sweater... he better be careful or he's going to be covered in stains by the end of the night...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-08-2021

(11-07-2021, 12:16 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Your description made me LOL.

Someone should make a movie about this guy.  He had quite a career.

Yeah, the figure made me LOL once I started dressing it.

I'm surprised nobody has made a movie about Blair "Paddy" Mayne.

(11-07-2021, 12:30 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: That looks like a very cozy sweater! 

The sweater is very nice, indeed! I'd like to have something similar for myself!

7 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51663543369_59341ddb6f_z.jpg]
7 November - Macaroni Noir

Mattel Wild Hearts Crew Charlie Lake makes Kraft Macaroni and Cheese

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 11-08-2021

Wow, you are brave, putting her on a lit stove! My luck, she'd fall into the flame. I'm always afraid someone will do that when I do my rare shots with candles.
That body looks quite similar to the one I got for Glori.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 11-08-2021

Hopefully she can stand still.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Aichan - 11-09-2021

Red Sonja- awesome all around. I love that movie when I was a kid. Well all those fantasy type movies like Beast Master and Conan the Barbarian..

I read you description of Paddy Wayne, at first I could not see the age you see him at until the second photo Quite a handsome man you made there!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-09-2021

(11-08-2021, 11:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow, you are brave, putting her on a lit stove!  My luck, she'd fall into the flame. 

Open flame, hot pan, boiling water - she (and I) survived more by luck than anything else.

8 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51665807843_1ffcc5d3ac_z.jpg]
8 November - Notebook Noir

Adding items to a list is so easy! Why is crossing items off a list such a challenge?

Mattel Wild Hearts Crew Kenna Roswell figure.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 11-09-2021

Ah, the pre-travel checklist. I used to be good at those sad
I see an ukulele on there! do you play??

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 11-09-2021

And more to the point, will she eat the Pringles?