The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-28-2021

(11-27-2021, 01:11 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: IKEA furniture assembly is definitely a multi-person-- or multi-doll-- job...

Which is why I turn the task over to the dolls!

27 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51709065198_88b370a67c_z.jpg]
27 November - Back On Line - YAY!

Triv, Janie, and Addie got the computer set up on the new IKEA table and connected to the Internet!

I wonder if we missed anything?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 11-28-2021

(11-28-2021, 07:56 AM)davidd Wrote:
I wonder if we missed anything?
I am not sure if that's a trick question and there is something to spot (or, not spot), but... I don't see anything. I was instead looking at the fun nautical decor and the "Foo was here" peering over the top of the screen. LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-28-2021

(11-28-2021, 09:00 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I am not sure if that's a trick question....

More of a rhetorical question, meaning, did we miss anything by being largely offline for ten days? From what I see, it's all masks and vaccines and no major rebellions, so... apparently not.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 11-28-2021

DUH. I read that, as, did they miss any parts in their computer setting-up. Or, like, Ikea pieces left over.

I swear, sometimes my brain runs on a completely different frequency xp

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-29-2021

(11-28-2021, 02:05 PM)Alliecat Wrote: DUH.  I read that, as, did they miss any parts in their computer setting-up.  Or, like, Ikea pieces left over.

I swear, sometimes my brain runs on a completely different frequency   xp

It was a failure to communicate clearly on my part. When I re-read my own caption, I interpreted it the way you did.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-29-2021

28 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51711871573_14d524188e_z.jpg]
28 November - Up On the Fridge Top

Smart Dolls are BIG. As in, they take up a lot of space. Where do your BJD and other enormous dolly friends hang out when they're not actively having adventures? Janie, here, has decided that the top of the refrigerator will do for now, as it allows her to keep an eye on things while staying quietly out of the way.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 11-29-2021

Janie would not like the top of my fridge… Too much dust. I have no good advice for storing dolls of any size. Annie sits on a rocking chair, and Jake stands by the TV. The full-size Pullips stand on the piano that I need to sell to make room for a cabinet. Basically all the chairs in my living room have dolls, plushies, or clutter on them. Since I don’t have company, it doesn’t matter, LOL. LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 11-30-2021

(11-29-2021, 09:47 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Janie would not like the top of my fridge… Too much dust. The full-size Pullips stand on the piano that I need to sell to make room for a cabinet.

Y'know, I didn't even check the top of the fridge before Janie climbed up there. Good thing she's wearing her work clothes.
Wish I lived closer. I'd like to have a piano for the Florida place, even though there's no room to put one. What kind of piano do you have? You could show us a picture, considering it has dolls living on it, right?

29 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51714738614_f351e635e0_z.jpg]
29 November - Ormond-By-The-Sea, Florida

After a full week plus one day in Florida - can't believe it's been that long already - Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin and I finally made it down to the beach for a few minutes.
I was going to write this whole long post about it but I'm tired, so consider yourselves spared.

The colors are all amped up with Instagram filters, so no, it doesn't really look this vibrant!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 11-30-2021

Yay for getting to the beach! That close, man... I'd have had to go the first day -- even if it was through someone's yard! LOL
Hope you will get to enjoy it lots while you're there.
Time flies... indeed, it seems like you'd just arrived -- but for once I don't mind, because the faster it goes maybe it's that much closer to the end of... whateverthehellisgoingon xp

It's a lovely French cherrywood piano that deserves to be appreciated & played. I never learned... probably won't. You can't find homes for them these days. Guess everyone's too busy with screen time to make music sad
Found an old Flickr pic. Goodness, look how small the crew was !!!

[Image: 23751265432_edce2bbf37.jpg]

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 11-30-2021

So you’ve moved? You must love being close to a beach again.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-01-2021

(11-30-2021, 01:47 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Yay for getting to the beach!  That close, man... I'd have had to go the first day -- even if it was through someone's yard!

Thank you for sharing the pic of the piano. Those wood tones are quite lovely!

You live closer than half a mile to the beach, don't you? Five, ten minute walk at most?

(11-30-2021, 04:11 PM)Elfy Wrote: So you’ve moved? You must love being close to a beach again.

Temporary relocation for the winter (in this hemisphere). Back to Utah in March. The beach thing... yeah, there was gonna be an entire essay about that. Maybe later.

30 November - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51716459053_2518d19a18_z.jpg]
30 November - Mermaid Figurine

It's a figurine, not a doll, but it'll have to do for today. It was left here at the house by the previous tenant.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-01-2021

Oh, this is such a cool photo!! It totally looks like it's underwater. I kind of want to see the whole figurine, and I kind of don't because it might spoil this illusion. Whoever left it would never have guessed someone else would do something so neat with it! yay

Yes, about 10-15 minutes' walk to the beach.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 11:28 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Yes, about 10-15 minutes' walk to the beach.

See, you are as close or closer to the beach, and it’s a better beach because it’s less crowded, without hotels and mega-mansions hugging the vegetation line, and your beach has tide pools.

Lots of shore birds on the Sandy beach here, though, and pelicans offshore, so there’s that.

The entire mermaid sculpture is reasonably nice. I shall try to get a pic of the whole thing.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-03-2021

1 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51720911205_782db67668.jpg]
1 December - The Post Office Found Me!

We're in the Home Stretch - last month of the year for A Doll A Day 2021!

A Doll a Day, guys 'n' gals! Admittedly with a few hiccups along the way. But... mostly a doll a day!

Say, speaking of A Doll A Day, has anyone heard anything recently from either werepuppy or neon_jellyfish?

Looks like the post office has managed to track me down at my "winter quarters." I wonder what's in this parcel? Something I ordered before I left, I guess. Must be "doll related," or it wouldn't qualify for A Doll A Day, would it? I suppose that means I'll have to open it fairly soon to demonstrate that it does, indeed, qualify as an A Doll A Day post.

1 December - A Doll A Day 2021

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-03-2021

I’m amused to see something that looks like the top of a snow shovel, in a Florida house. LOL of course that’s where your mind goes when you live in the Great White North.

Open it!!!!