The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-11-2021

I’m sorry… sad
But I believe that time spent in creative endeavours that feed your soul and bring a little joy is never wasted time.
PTFCo intends to continue with pic-a-week next year… at least as long as the year lasts…! I hope you will continue as well.
The Pinkys are great little travel pals… Perhaps along with the salt they will find a frozen concoction to help you hang on. wink

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-12-2021

Hope things improve. At this stage I’m continuing with Doll a Week into 2022. It’s a fun creative outlet, and the dolls lives are often so much more interesting than our own.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 12-13-2021

Sorry that it’s all so sucky at the moment Davidd.

The Pinky’s look very determined & getting through whatever it is.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-15-2021

11 December – A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: dec11.jpg]
11 December – Let’s Get This Party Started

12 December – A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: dec12.jpg]
12 December – Janie Hangs Decorative Lights

13 December – A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: december13.jpg]
13 December – Et Voilà!

14 December – A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: dec14.jpg]
14 December – Head ‘Em Off At The Pass

(Random parking lot find, in situ.)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-15-2021

The lights look great. How nice thinking about sitting on a deck with pretty lights outside, this time of year.
Did the random head get to come home with you?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 12-15-2021

The twinkly (and not twinkly) lights all look great.

Like at my parents place - they have lights on the deck all year round & it’s nice to sit out there with them on.

Did the doll-head have that arrangement of leaves when you saw it, or did you do some arranging?
(Wonder what happened to the rest of the doll?)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 12-15-2021

That looks like a rockin' party!

I hope you rescued the head...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Aichan - 12-15-2021

Your difficulty going potty might have to do with the need of a cleanse . If you are meat and dairy or white bread eater those things tend to stick in the intestines ...for years unless we periodically do some heavy moving of it.

There is this stuff that is really gentle you can take everyday called Colon Cleanse its fiber then there is a even better cleanse from Dr. Shultzs herbdoc.com but its more expensive but it is also good for removing heavy metals.

I was born with a weak liver so I got sick from my gall bladder when my liver stopped kicking out the enzyme to digest food. Everything I ate was like a brick in my stomach. I am a vegetarian and about 90 vegan but i do occasionally eat cheese.
I try to drink 5 pints of water a day that always helps.

I am sorry things are going poopy for you David. Right now for some reason that is happening everywhere.

I take solace here at jw.org it answers a lot of life questions and makes a lot of sense for the things that are happening to us on a personal and global level. But most of all gives a logical and rational explanation to they "why" but also hope that all this is going to change and soon.

I always enjoy your pictures how thoughtful and creative they are . I know they take a lot of work to do.

Maybe you need a colab with someone that shares your interest to feed the spark.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-15-2021

Is Janie busting a move there?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-16-2021

(12-11-2021, 05:12 PM)Alliecat Wrote: But I believe that time spent in creative endeavours that feed your soul and bring a little joy is never wasted time.
PTFCo intends to continue with pic-a-week next year… at least as long as the year lasts…! 
The Pinkys are great little travel pals… Perhaps along with the salt they will find a frozen concoction to help you hang on.  wink

Your observation has inspired me to continue. I probably wasn't going to quit anyway, although it was a close call. But your comment makes the doll picture thing feel a little less frivolous and pointless. Good to know that PTFCo will continue; I laughed at "as long as the year lasts." It certainly feels like End of the World Prophecy is coming true, doesn't it?
Ha! Nice Buffet reference! And yes, The Pinkys have been traveling for quite a long time now, and they are feeling quite incensed by the global situation. They had plans, man!

(12-12-2021, 10:39 AM)Elfy Wrote: At this stage I’m continuing with Doll a Week into 2022. It’s a fun creative outlet, and the dolls lives are often so much more interesting than our own.

Yeah, the dolls manage to have adventures when our own are curtailed, don't they? Another commitment to continuing - YAY!

(12-13-2021, 07:12 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Pinky’s look very determined & getting through whatever it is.

The Pinkys have managed to overcome a number of adversities over the decades. They set a good example.

(12-15-2021, 06:24 AM)Alliecat Wrote: The lights look great. How nice thinking about sitting on a deck with pretty lights outside, this time of year.
Did the random head get to come home with you?

(12-15-2021, 06:35 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: The twinkly (and not twinkly) lights all look great.

Did the doll-head have that arrangement of leaves when you saw it, or did you do some arranging?

(12-15-2021, 08:15 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I hope you rescued the head...

Yeah, the lights are fun. They gradually change color from colorful to warm white and back again.

The head looked exactly like that with the leaves. The photo is completely "as found." I was reaching for the head, planning to pick it up and take it home, but... it looked so at home already, there, with its leaf body, that... well, it was also in a parking lot, where it would likely get run over, so I carefully moved it to a spot hidden in the bushes where it had a nice view of a pond. So now it is a Nature Spirt Doll, communing with the leaves and grass.

(12-15-2021, 09:23 AM)Aichan Wrote: I always enjoy your pictures how thoughtful and creative they are . I know they take a lot of work to do.

Maybe you need  a colab with someone that  shares your interest to feed the spark.

Thank you for all your insight and information. I appreciate the sharing and suggestions.
I'm working on a collaborative photo-story project with some people on another forum, but lately I haven't had much time to uphold my part. Hoping things settle down here soon and I can get back to it.

(12-15-2021, 03:54 PM)Elfy Wrote: Is Janie busting a move there?

She's excited that the lights actually lit up!

15 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: dec15.jpg]
15 December - "Whaa...? You mean... you mean we have clothes other than WORK CLOTHES?"

Addie makes a surprising discovery.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-16-2021

>gasp<  nice clothes
They really do deserve a dress-up holiday party under the lights they worked hard to put up LOL

(12-16-2021, 10:37 AM)davidd Wrote: The Pinkys have been traveling for quite a long time now, and they are feeling quite incensed by the global situation. They had plans, man!

I carefully moved it to a spot hidden in the bushes where it had a nice view of a pond. So now it is a Nature Spirt Doll, communing with the leaves and grass.
>sigh< didn't we all sad 
Sunsette is thinking about how her rosy hopes in the first pic of the year were completely dashed and wondering what to post for a year-ender  Cry

Oooh, that's an interesting idea... Nature Spirit Dolls... a little sad, that they are out in the weather, but little wild spirits free of the human world....

One of the set of pictures in my bathroom says "Take time to do what makes your soul happy."
Perhaps it's time to revisit this pic from 3 years ago, because we all need to do creative things to keep the darkness at bay.

[Image: 31585149828_028d9a2af6.jpg]

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-17-2021

The other Smart dolls have clearly been holding out on Addie. She looks rather how I imagine Meredith would if she uncovered a secret stash of hats.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-17-2021

(12-16-2021, 12:56 PM)Alliecat Wrote: One of the set of pictures in my bathroom says "Take time to do what makes your soul happy."

Ah! Lofty ideals to contemplate during those sometimes lengthy periods spent sitting... I did type sitting... in solitude.

(12-17-2021, 07:44 AM)Elfy Wrote: The other Smart dolls have clearly been holding out on Addie. She looks rather how I imagine Meredith would if she uncovered a secret stash of hats.

Oooh! A secret stash of hats! Now that would be fun to find!

16 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: dec16.jpg]
16 December - "Hold On! Not So Fast, Kiddo!"
"But... Nice Clothes! And..."
"And... We Have A Few Things To Finish Up Around Here First!"
"A 'Few' Things? Like?"
"Like... A Roof On The Patio. And Screened Walls. And A Door."
"What about Triv?"
"The Little Slacker Managed To Sneak Off Without Her Overalls!"
"So She Doesn't Have To Work?"
"Oh, She'll Work, All Right! But She'll Probably Mess Up Her Nice Jeans and Jacket!"

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-17-2021

Starfish doorknobs yay
With all that work, it doesn't sound much like a vacation. I must have been mistaken about the purpose of the trip! xp

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-17-2021

I wouldn’t want to work for Janie. Triv is in sooo much trouble!