The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-19-2021

(12-17-2021, 02:20 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Starfish doorknobs  yay

There are some interesting details in this house:

17 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: december17.jpg]
17 December - Starfish Knobs on the Kitchen Cabinets

[Image: december18.jpg]
18 December - Red Crab Handles on the Linen Cupboards

(I apologize for the blurry photos. It seems I am always snapping my photos these days under insufficient lighting.)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-19-2021

Those are fun. I would like to make this whole house over into a nautical theme with those kinds of accents. Sadly, probably won’t happen… slash

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-19-2021

They don't look quite certain about the new fixtures. I, on the other hand, really like them. They seem to be in keeping with the new digs.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 12-19-2021

They’re very cool - small pieces of whimsy like this delight me.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 12-20-2021

The Pinky in the second picture looks a little worried that the crab might pinch her...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-20-2021

(12-19-2021, 10:37 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Those are fun. I would like to make this whole house over into a nautical theme with those kinds of accents. Sadly, probably won’t happen… slash

Start small. See today's pic.

(12-19-2021, 01:36 PM)Elfy Wrote: They don't look quite certain about the new fixtures. I, on the other hand, really like them. They seem to be in keeping with the new digs.

Yes, the previous tenant, a single "retirement age" gentleman, added some surprisingly charming and creative touches to this small bungalow... before deciding to sell it and move to Mexico to meet up with his Ukranian girlfriend he met online.

(12-19-2021, 06:01 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: They’re very cool - small pieces of whimsy like this delight me.

It has been fun to keep discovering little details I had previously overlooked.

(12-20-2021, 01:39 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: The Pinky in the second picture looks a little worried that the crab might pinch her...

A crab larger than one's head would likely be worrisome to most of us! Or, to me, at least!  yay

19 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: december19.jpg]
19 December - Seahorse Pulls on the Nightstand Drawers

And another blurry picture.  slash  Although not quite as blurry as the last two days.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-20-2021

Neat! Although she doesn’t look too happy about it. Shall we assume she is thinking about seahorses being endangered?
The previous tenant sounds like he could have qualified for one of those dumb TLC shows. xp

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-20-2021

Love the seahorse pull, although your pinky doesn’t seem to share the feeling.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 12-20-2021

The Pinkie looks very concerned about the seahorse. More so than the one next to the giant crab.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-21-2021

(12-20-2021, 06:52 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Neat! Although she doesn’t look too happy about it. Shall we assume she is thinking about seahorses being endangered?

Seems like everything's endangered these days, huh? Except for humans. The population ex˚plosion continues unimpeded despite the "deadly" coronavirus:

Population Counter:  https://countrymeters.info/en/World

Terrifying statistics about accelerating population growth: https://www.theworldcounts.com/challenges/planet-earth/state-of-the-planet/world-population-clock-live/story

(12-20-2021, 07:15 AM)Elfy Wrote: Love the seahorse pull, although your pinky doesn’t seem to share the feeling.

(12-20-2021, 10:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Pinkie looks very concerned about the seahorse.  More so than the one next to the giant crab.

This particular Pinky figure, called Hana, was noteworthy among all the Pinky Street releases for her extremely worried ekspression.

20 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: december20.jpg]
20 December - Blurry Pictures of Nautical Decor continue...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-21-2021

Oh, that's neat! I really like those art pieces. I got one in the International Marketplace (da REAL one) of a cat. Unfortunately it was the only one in the whole place which meant I had to buy it from the very rude vendor who would never have got my business otherwise.
Anyway, she is dressed appropriately too! It sounds like this house has lots of fun details.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-21-2021

Much more impressed!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-22-2021

(12-21-2021, 02:42 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I really like those art pieces.  I got one in the International Marketplace (da REAL one) of a cat. 

I got a couple, tropical fish and a sea turtle, at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet, many moons ago.

21 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51763066030_6b5e6e2453_z.jpg]
21 December - Outdoor Shower with Ceramic Dolphin

The previous tenant left behind a number of interesting ceramic wall decoration pieces. This colorful dolphin hangs in a "rustic" outdoor shower. The shower needs a new shower head in order to work properly. As the house is not exactly on, or even particularly close to, the beach, I'm not sure what the point is in having an outdoor shower. Just part of the "near beach lifestyle," maybe.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-22-2021

Your previous tenant really embraced the beach hut thing, didn’t they?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-22-2021

That's cute too.  Outdoor showers seem to be a beach-neighbourhood thing, if the HGTV house-hunting shows are anything to go by.  You could still be sandy & salty after driving home from the beach, I guess.
Was the swap meet a different event than the flea market?  I really enjoyed my visit to the Aloha Flea Market, near the end of my time there, and that was the tipping point for my souvenir-acquiring, where I had to buy an extra bag to get it all home.  I also bought the bag at the market, and it would never ever be allowed with today's carry-on size limits... I recall draping my raincoat over it in hopes that would camouflage just how big the bag was -- and I got on all the flights with it  xp  LOL

...aaahh, memories.