The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 12-27-2021

Still impressed he's managed to keep the white sweater stain-free! Though that mug is in a precarious position...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-27-2021

The lighting in this is terrific.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 12-27-2021

Love his jumper, and he looks so world-weary at the moment.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-27-2021

I like his disreputable old warrior look.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-28-2021

(12-27-2021, 01:03 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Still impressed he's managed to keep the white sweater stain-free! Though that mug is in a precarious position...

The mug is, sadly, empty at this point, but the sweater remains free of stains!

(12-27-2021, 01:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: The lighting in this is terrific.

Thanks! It was one of those "Take 50 to Get 1" situations.

(12-27-2021, 02:08 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love his jumper, and he looks so world-weary at the moment.

Yeah... the holidays aren't always the most cheerful of times for everyone.

(12-27-2021, 02:09 PM)Elfy Wrote: I like his disreputable old warrior look.

Yes, this is turning out to be a fun figure to play... I mean work with.

26 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: december26a.jpg]
Janie tackles a stopped-up shower head, starting with heavy tools

[Image: december26b.jpg]
"Now it should come loose by hand. Well... it should!"

[Image: december26c.jpg]
"Okay... I think I've got it loose!"

[Image: december26d.jpg]
"All clogged up with rust! No wonder it wasn't working very well!"

[Image: december26e.jpg]
"New shower head - five bucks at Walmart!"

[Image: december26f.jpg]
"And there ya go!"

[Image: december26g.jpg]
"Five bucks, five minutes! Too bad all projects aren't this easy... or successful!"

27 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: december27.jpg]
27 December - Janie and Addie evaluate leaks in the lanai (porch) roof

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-28-2021

After the second picture I was ex-pecting the next one to be all blur as the camera lens got blasted with water.... xp LOL
They've been awfully busy!
I hope you're getting some time to relax in between all these projects.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 12-28-2021

Go, Janie!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-28-2021

Letting them play with water. Brave man!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-29-2021

28 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: dec28.jpg]
28 December - Nice Bass; or, Three Little Fishies

Taxidermy display of largemouth bass. What would you do if you found something like this hanging on the wall in a house you moved in to? Seems strange that the former owner's family didn't have any interest in dad's bass. Apparently the large fish weighed in at 7-1/4 pounds when it was caught back in 1988, according to the brass plaque mounted to the display.

Boom Boom Diddum Daddum Waddum Choo!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 12-29-2021

Wow. Fish would be borderline, but I would probably have to sell any taxidermy displays -- "heads" for sure.

My, how music has changed. This was a blast from the past... reminds me of my grandparents' records. They had some stuff like that although I never heard this one. What's that one about the rooster, out on the town...? I could find it if I looked. I always thought that was funny when I was little.
Anyway, this tour of your house by vignettes continues to be interesting!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 12-29-2021

It has to be the Andrews Sisters version. That’s the only proper one.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 12-29-2021

The girls are so industrious. Well done of replacing the shower head.

And hopefully the porch roof is an easy repair too.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 12-30-2021

Quote:What would you do if you found something like this hanging on the wall in a house you moved in to?

Run screaming. probably...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Aichan - 12-30-2021

I dont know how you do it. I get too lazy to even post to Instagram and that is pretty easy. I have new dolls and projects I have finished but I am just bleh...

Your outside shots are really nice. I cant beilve the roof one! The wigs look a little wind blown for the windy day! Cute!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 12-30-2021

(12-29-2021, 01:07 PM)Alliecat Wrote: My, how music has changed.  This was a blast from the past... reminds me of my grandparents' records.  They had some stuff like that although I never heard this one.  What's that one about the rooster, out on the town...?  I could find it if I looked.  I always thought that was funny when I was little.

Yes, this was my grandparents' style of music, too. I remember them talking about the "Three Little Fishies" song. I'm not familiar with the rooster song, I'll have to search for that, see if I can figure out what it is.

(12-29-2021, 02:37 PM)Elfy Wrote: It has to be the Andrews Sisters version. That’s the only proper one.

You are correct, of course, and that's what I should have posted. The Kay Kyser version is earlier, but the Andrews Sisters version is much better remembered today.
(I've been watching old movies on television starring the Kay Kyser Orchestra whenever I see one on. They featured in several films. They're a pretty funny group, actually.)

(12-29-2021, 10:04 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The girls are so industrious.  Well done of replacing the shower head.

And hopefully the porch roof is an easy repair too.

At first it looked like the porch roof would be a major challenge. Then, on closer inspection, it appeared that relatively easy patching would work. On closer inspection still... I dunno. I'm leaving it up to Janie. She's the pro.

(12-30-2021, 01:42 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote:
Quote:What would you do if you found something like this hanging on the wall in a house you moved in to?

Run screaming. probably...

LOL This made me laugh... a lot!

(12-30-2021, 04:24 AM)Aichan Wrote: The wigs look a little wind blown for the windy day! Cute!

Yes, okay... we'll say it was the wind, rather than how rarely I brush their hair. I'm good with that.  LOL

29 December - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: dec29.jpg]
29 December - The Dolly Dumpster

Bin full o' dolls. At this point I don't even remember who I brought or what else might be in this tub.