The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-24-2021

Haha... again, some of your girls can be honorary Canadians, out there in the cold with so much bare skin.
(I'm not sure what my excuse is, then... since I HATE the cold & pile on 3 layers to go for a walk for half the year sad )
Beautiful colours in this!! Getting a good ex-posure of snow is hard. It looks like a lovely landscape, all that open space. Do you have any neighbours in sight?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 01-24-2021

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one fixated on Spider-Man’s toes LOL

Cloe should invest in the brightly coloured golf balls if she’s going to golf in the snow.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-25-2021

(01-24-2021, 01:07 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Do you have any neighbours in sight?

Unfortunately, two houses have been built in the valley in front of the mountains since I moved here, and three more a bit further down. Even the most remote areas are being developed quickly. I have to frame my photos carefully to give the impression of remoteness.

(01-24-2021, 02:48 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Cloe should invest in the brightly coloured golf balls if she’s going to golf in the snow.

Lesson learned!

[Image: 50871412388_e370e43728_z.jpg]
24 January – Monster High Avea Trotter

It seems like I only recently posted a photo of this figure... but I guess that was last year!  LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-25-2021

Nice use of shadow… A rather creepy vibe with the dungeon-like walls and Christmas lights combined.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - neon_jellyfish - 01-25-2021

Love the dramatic lighting!

(01-24-2021, 08:17 AM)davidd Wrote: You are correct, of course. She appears to be looking upward rather than down, so my caption doesn't make much sense. I should have said something like, "Cloë enjoys a spectacularly beautiful day in the snow!" But I rarely think to write positive or optimistic captions.

Nah, that wouldn't be nearly as much fun as Cloë casually shooting satelites off the orbit.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 01-26-2021

That's a gloriously spooky shot of Avea, the shadows make her look particularly creepy.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-26-2021

(01-25-2021, 04:50 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Nice use of shadow… A rather creepy vibe with the dungeon-like walls and Christmas lights combined.

Thanks! The combined effect was rather eerie. I was pleased by the result.

(01-25-2021, 10:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 08:17 AM)davidd Wrote: You are correct, of course. She appears to be looking upward rather than down, so my caption doesn't make much sense. I should have said something like, "Cloë enjoys a spectacularly beautiful day in the snow!" But I rarely think to write positive or optimistic captions.

Nah, that wouldn't be nearly as much fun as Cloë casually shooting satelites off the orbit.

That is such a funny concept! There won't be a satellite left in geosynchronous orbit by the time Cloë gets done!

(01-26-2021, 02:14 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: That's a gloriously spooky shot of Avea, the shadows make her look particularly creepy.

"Particularly creepy" is saying a lot, as I find Avea to be the single creepiest Monster High release. I think the elegant equestrienne meets circus ringmaster with goth overtones would have been spooky on its own, but then add in the horse body, with two arms and four legs, and let the nightmares commence!

[Image: 50876301612_b3f3cf8c2d_z.jpg]
25 January – Bratz Holiday Jade... or Roman Holiday Jade!

Because Roman Holiday, like in the Audrey Hepburn movie where she rides the Vespa?

Well... I thought it was funny.  Sweatdrop

I only just discovered this week that the Bratz London Telephone Box existed! And they turn up frequently and affordably on eBay! The seller shipped promptly, too! It doesn't do anything other than the sign lights up, but it looks so cool that who cares?

Being designed for Bratz, the overall size is just a bit too small to work with full 1:6 scale "Barbie size" dolls, but it's close enough to serve as a scene-setting background prop. I kinda-sorta won two of them simultaneously at eBay auction. I told myself I would sell one of them, but now that they've arrived... I don't mind having two! 

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-26-2021

You've got a scooter like our Kit has! We got that so we could reenact the scene from Roman Holiday.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-26-2021

(01-26-2021, 02:33 PM)Elfy Wrote: You've got a scooter like our Kit has! We got that so we could reenact the scene from Roman Holiday.

I found another one at a good price on eBay a few days ago, so I purchased it... because SCOOTER JOUSTING!

Consider yourself an Influencer!  Tongue

(I just looked up some old pictures. I've had this scooter since 2011. I purchased it new at a hobby shop in Kaimuki, Oahu, Hawaii.)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 01-26-2021

jade looks ready to take on the world on her scooter. Love the telephone box prop - even if it's not quite the right scale for the Barbie-sized, it still looks great for a scene-setter.

And I love her whole outfit, the green & red are great together.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-26-2021

I like that movie smile
I can imagine some of your more inventive crew converting those phone boxes into teleporters or something...
Gah. Shipping kills any scooter purchases for my crew. Bleepin "Global Shipping Program" [insert long rant].

(01-26-2021, 02:41 PM)davidd Wrote: I found another one at a good price on eBay a few days ago, so I purchased it... because SCOOTER JOUSTING!
Hahaha, this is totally going to be a Thing now, isn't it! LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 01-26-2021

Oh no. No no no... I wasn't aware of that phonebox, but it has just jumped immediately at the top of my dolly wishlist Sweatdrop Tongue sadly, based on a quick eBay search, I'm also the victim of awful GSP charges blocking my ability to obtain one, but I'll be on the lookout.
I've always been very fond of British phoneboxes (despite the fact that I hate the colour red with a passion). So much that buying a real one has been one of my childhood dreams. And... well, since I never had a garden, probably turn it into a shower cabin (what I thought to be an original idea, and then, years later, through the wonders of the internet, learned that it's already a thing actually straight ). Or a book cabinet. Working at *the* British phonebox company, I would actually be able to purchase retired phoneboxes, but their price sadly isn't exactly tailored to my wallet (plus add shipping them from the UK to me, which I don't even want to know the cost of). Oh well, maybe someday... I've always been on the lookout for a doll-sized phonebox (I've also been considering making one - My Froggy Stuff even has a tutorial for it, but I'm conscious this isn't something I could make as realistic as I'd like it to be), and I have come across a few home decor items, but they were always too ex-pensive for how they looked (and none were *just* right in scale - which this one isn' either, but it seems closer, plus it seems fitting, and pretty good-looking for a playline doll playset item. Bratz have always been great with such stuff).

Jade's outfit gives Christmas elf-vibes to me.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - neon_jellyfish - 01-27-2021

At a first glance, the phonebox and Jade's hat kinda blended together and I was wondering whether you're turning her into Dr. Evil's female counterpart, but then I caught on.

She looks really snazzy, and the whole setting with phonebox and Vespa is totes cool!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-27-2021

Speaking of phone boxes (we used to have similar ones here), my Dad painted them for a while, it was part of his job when we worked for the Post Master Generals Department.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - dargosmydaddy - 01-27-2021

Ooh, I like her socks! Maybe spotty socks are the new stripy socks?