The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7263631)

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-27-2021

(01-26-2021, 02:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Shipping kills any scooter purchases for my crew.

What I'm reading on various forums suggests that shipping and import taxes are limiting purchased for many people these days.

(01-26-2021, 11:51 PM)Loona Wrote: Jade's outfit gives Christmas elf-vibes to me.

I need to remember that line if I ever get around to reviving my Bratz photo-story.

(01-27-2021, 12:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: At a first glance, the phonebox and Jade's hat kinda blended together.

Yeah, that was a technical flaw that I noticed right away, but I was too lazy to attempt a reshoot.

(01-27-2021, 06:55 AM)Elfy Wrote: Speaking of phone boxes (we used to have similar ones here), my Dad painted them for a while, it was part of his job when we worked for the Post Master Generals Department.

That's interesting! Living history from a bygone era.

(01-27-2021, 08:10 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ooh, I like her socks! Maybe spotty socks are the new stripy socks?

That would be fun, but I do not see spotty socks very often. And Holiday Jade was released in, like, 2005 or 2009 or something, so maybe spotty socks were the old stripey socks!

[Image: 50879061713_b313bb5a76_z.jpg]
26 January – Lovely Mini Mermaids at Markdown Prices!

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-27-2021

I don’t see spotty socks on dolls, but I own a few pairs.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 01-28-2021

(01-27-2021, 03:06 PM)Elfy Wrote: I don’t see spotty socks on dolls, but I own a few pairs.

Same here. I do actually own two pairs of (stock) spotty doll socks (and it's among my project plans to sew a lot more), but they really aren't too common.

The mermaids seem a little angry to me. That doesn't mean they can't be lovely, but something must have pissed them off before the picture was taken - maybe the fact that they are imprisoned in a plastic bubble without any water? It's cool that their fins seem see-through, they remind me of jellyfish, or some deep sea creatures. And also some underwater band, with that naming and logo - I wonder which one's the singer. The shy and hiding, "I'm here to give you the beat, but I don't want you to see me"-one on the far right must be the drummer Tongue

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-28-2021

(01-27-2021, 03:06 PM)Elfy Wrote: I don’t see spotty socks on dolls, but I own a few pairs.

Time to do the laundry, is that what you're saying?  LOL

(01-28-2021, 05:31 AM)Loona Wrote: It's cool that their fins seem see-through, they remind me of jellyfish....

Indeed, they do resemble jellyfish; colorful, neon jellyfish!  yay

[Image: 50882968577_002ace1660_z.jpg]
27 January – "The weather today is simply abominable!"

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-28-2021

Whoa, whiteout! Looks chilly!
A mermaid band could be fun.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-28-2021

I’d think Abbie would be in her element there.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Lejays17 - 01-28-2021

Pun title is terrible. She looks great against the snow.

And the little mermaids look a bit scary, like they’re angry that they’ve been reduced in price LOL

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 01-29-2021

I really like the dreamy, washed-out effect - and Abbey looks great in the snow. She always does, it's really her natural element.
This photo has just reminded me of the photos I have taken of my Abbey(s) in the snow, and never edited&shared. It'd be about time...

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-29-2021

[Image: 50885607213_f700be415f_z.jpg]
28 January – Spooky Action Figure Dude

As evil descends like a... let's call it a "long, dark winter"... across the world, why not cobble together an Aleister Crowley action figure?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Loona - 01-29-2021

Spooky Action Figure Dude seems more sexy than spooky to me (go figure my taste in men Sweatdrop  ), especially with that hood(?) that looks like long, sleek black hair. His thigh showing is a bit too much for my conservativeness though - I hope he gets a pair of trousers, or non-flashy robe, or whatever Mr. Crowley has been been fond of wearing, I cannot really recall seeing too many full-body images of him. Why him, though? I can see him fitting in with your action figure crew, but I'm still interested. Not sure I've ever seen or heard of him reincarnated as an action figure.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - neon_jellyfish - 01-29-2021

Oh gosh, I missed three posts already? I was sure this was only the second day of migraine...

I like how the little fun colorful mermaids have just a little evil in their eyes.

That's a beautiful shot of Abbey in the Snow Heart

Aleister Crowley action figure! Now that's cool. I seem to have completely forgotten, but he (or some other Crowley-themed figure) popped up in your photos before, right?

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - davidd - 01-30-2021

(01-29-2021, 08:39 PM)Loona Wrote: Spooky Action Figure Dude seems more sexy than spooky to me (go figure my taste in men Sweatdrop  ), especially with that hood(?) ... His thigh showing is a bit too much for my conservativeness though....

His blatant display of his macho appeal is a bit much for me, as well, but I strive for historical accuracy in my images.
LOL

(01-29-2021, 09:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I like how the little fun colorful mermaids have just a little evil in their eyes.

That's a beautiful shot of Abbey in the Snow.

Aleister Crowley action figure! Now that's cool. I seem to have completely forgotten, but he (or some other Crowley-themed figure) popped up in your photos before, right?

Those bargain basement mermaids are creepy little creatures! It's always a combination of amusing and unnerving when I run across them.

The snow shot turned out fairly well, but layering on the aftermarket filters made it... look heavily filtered.  Sweatdrop

You may be right about other Crowley-themed photos, but I do not specifically recall one. Lipoca the Dal would like to think she has cornered the market on deviltry around here, but there are the little seamless imp figures to contend with.

[Image: 50889328411_8e9376d811_z.jpg]
29 January – Monster High Elissabat steps in as tech coordinator
and demonstrates how to change the ink cartridges in the printer

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Alliecat - 01-30-2021

Heh, that's cute.
Does she get a cartridge of blood as payment for her techy work? LOL
Spooky-action-figure-dude is far creepier than any of the seamless figures you thought had creepy eyes or ex-pressions. Sorry not sorry, dude.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - neon_jellyfish - 01-30-2021

Ha, I often wish Ghoulia or Elle or some other dolls could step in and help me with some technical issues.

RE: davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021 - Elfy - 01-30-2021

Elissabat looks right at home in this tech role.