Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow mo
Do you think slow mo will be easy to find or will he stay in short supply.
He'll be like all the other boys - VERY HARD TO FIND AND VERY IN DEMAND
Do you think Mattel short packs shipments to drive up the collecting market. One per case I read on the mharena
I personally don't like the way Slo-Mo looks at all. I like Deuce, Gil and Heath as dolls a lot. I (sort of) like Jackson too. Slo-Mo, Holt and Hoo-dude I don't like that much. The only reason that I would buy Slo-Mo is because he's a boy and it seems like Mattel never makes enough boys.

Personally I don't know if Mattel short packs them for that reason or because they think the boys don't sell as much. I really don't know why they would think that. I can't imagine that the boys don't sell that much. It seems to me like they are pretty darn popular. I've only ever seen Scaris Deuce in a store a couple times. I've never actually seen any other boys in the store except the Jackson/Frankie pack which I didn't pick up. So I guess it could be that Mattel just wants to drive up the market for them. I don't know though.

Sometimes I think people don't really like the boys that much, they just "have to have them" because they are boys and seem rare and hard to find. Apparently Slo-Mo has been found in US now. I haven't seen him yet, but I never really get to the store much. He came in stock one time on amazon but I wasn't able to get him quick enough. That was a long, long time ago though.
At home: Angelic Pretty Sfolgia and Marie.
The only time I ever saw one if the boys in the store was Gil in the dance class pack. (I gave him to my mom, haha, she has a teeny collection and loves Lagoona.) I have two Clawds in my collection of over 50 and the rest are the ladies. It was actually frustration at how difficult the MH boys are to find that got me into collecting Pullip & co. (I paid less for Cavalie and less for Sol than I did for one of my Clawds!)

I do think Slo Mo is kind of cute, and if I saw one at the store I would but him, but I wouldn't pay scalper prices for him!
Slo Mo is ridiculously hard to find. I've been to nearly every retailer in the Oklahoma City metro and have only found 1. I ultimately decided to list him on eBay because I need the cash. Right now the high bid is $71. He's really hard to find. I hope I can find another.
the first boys hardly sold, the warmed shelves for AGES! the deuce and cle pack, then the lala and clawd pack and then holt ... holt was crazy ... stores around me would have literally forty+ dolls on the shelf and 30 of them would be holt ... god how i kick myself now ... so they really scaled back on the boys ... and now the boys are crazy popular ...

i am going nuts looking for Slo Mo ... i want a few (i collect Ghoulia) but i will be happy with one at this point lol
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)
I ended up selling my Draculaura/Clawd two pack because I really needed money. I really regret it. =/ (Not only because of Clawd, but because that's my favorite Draculaura).
At home: Angelic Pretty Sfolgia and Marie.
All great info. I found a slo mo for someone I am trading with. Grr I just saw a scaris deuce and did not buy him. I would totally love to trade or partial trade for a Neferia. I would rather have her then the boys.

I know I collect Strawberry shortcake and at a couple conventions we were rd boys not sell well and girls do not like green and so lime was never released in modern dolls just in a movie

I see the deuce that has sound but do not remember heaps of boy dolls but we never get all releases
IFOUNDDHIMIFOUNDHIMIFOUNDHIMIFOUNDHIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squee! sooo cutedorable! lol
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)