Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Frankiestein Custom
I just finished a MH Frankiestein custom. Please let me know what you guys think! I hope you all enjoy!
[Image: 32204830763_76673e24e9.jpg]IMG_4764 by ai_sweet_sacrifice, on Flickr
How sweet she looks! Lovely job. I like her eyebrows and lips.
She is beautiful! I love her sweet face
You did such a great job on her, she's lovely! I love the detail you put into her eyes, especially. :3
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

She's lovely! She has a very soft and gentle look.
Thank you all!
Hi,

I, too, love her new lip color. I am a fan of "The Liquid Look", when it comes to lipgloss-look lip re-paints.Happy

Goodbye,
That Doll in the Corner
Special 2
What a cutie smile What materials did you use for her face up? I've tried using watercolour pencils on my girl but they don't seem to work to well, im wondering if it might just be my brand, or if they don't work so well on MH dolls.
(12-28-2017, 11:54 AM)Berrybyul Wrote: What a cutie smile What materials did you use for her face up? I've tried using watercolour pencils on my girl but they don't seem to work to well, im wondering if it might just be my brand, or if they don't work so well on MH dolls.

The brand is called "Start Watercolor" and it is made in England. However, it is not the brand that matters. It is how you use the pencil! =)

Here is my advice on how to use whatever brand of pencil you are using-there is no need to go out and get a specific brand! Even cheap brands can give you great results since it mainly depends on your technique! smile

The hardness of your pencil set is important. Are your pencils softer or harder? Softer pencils will be more likely to break but will allow you to blend them more easily while harder pencils will be less likely to break, draw more crisply, but be more difficult to blend. If you are using a softer pencil, then press down more lightly when drawing. A harder pencil requires more force to achieve the same darkness of line. Softer pencils tend to be more expensive than harder ones.

Also, be sure that you are laying down a foundation for your work using matte varnish spray, otherwise your work may not stick to the doll very well.

Along with this, I would follow this advice:

1. Sharpen the pencils to a very sharp point-you will need a sharp point to draw the fine details on your doll. Draw with the very tip of the pencil.

2. Draw smooth and steadily.

3. Start drawing lightly and then darken your work as you add the details-this way you avoid creating messy work. Build up the face up gradually in layers.

Overall, don't worry so much about the brand you are using. It ultimately depends on you. If it isn't going well, don't worry, just keep practicing!

One last thing-do not be satisfied only with the advice I've given you, as it isn't complete. It is only an overview of how to use your watercolor pencils. I would look on the internet for tutorials on using watercolor pencils in general. You could also look at tutorials specifically for MH customs. I hope your custom turns out well in the end!
(01-04-2018, 10:55 AM)blackxlily Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 11:54 AM)Berrybyul Wrote: What a cutie smile What materials did you use for her face up? I've tried using watercolour pencils on my girl but they don't seem to work to well, im wondering if it might just be my brand, or if they don't work so well on MH dolls.

The brand is called "Start Watercolor" and it is made in England. However, it is not the brand that matters. It is how you use the pencil! =)

Here is my advice on how to use whatever brand of pencil you are using-there is no need to go out and get a specific brand! Even cheap brands can give you great results since it mainly depends on your technique! smile

The hardness of your pencil set is important. Are your pencils softer or harder? Softer pencils will be more likely to break but will allow you to blend them more easily while harder pencils will be less likely to break, draw more crisply, but be more difficult to blend. If you are using a softer pencil, then press down more lightly when drawing. A harder pencil requires more force to achieve the same darkness of line. Softer pencils tend to be more expensive than harder ones.

Also, be sure that you are laying down a foundation for your work using matte varnish spray, otherwise your work may not stick to the doll very well.

1. Sharpen the pencils to a very sharp point-you will need a sharp point to draw the fine details on your doll. Draw with the very tip of the pencil.

3. Start drawing lightly and then darken your work as you add the details-this way you avoid creating messy work. Build up the face up gradually in layers.

Overall, don't worry so much about the brand you are using. It ultimately depends on you. If it isn't going well, don't worry, just keep practicing!

One last thing-do not be satisfied only with the advice I've given you, as it isn't complete. It is only an overview of how to use your watercolor pencils. I would look on the internet for tutorials on using watercolor pencils in general. You could also look at tutorials specifically for MH customs. I hope your custom turns out well in the end!

Wow. Thank you so much! I don't have my stuff with me ATM but when I get back too it I'll try reducing the pressure and checking the hardness! I'll let you know how it goes! Thank you!!
(01-05-2018, 11:40 AM)Berrybyul Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 10:55 AM)blackxlily Wrote:

Wow. Thank you so much! I don't have my stuff with me ATM but when I get back too it I'll try reducing the pressure and checking the hardness! I'll let you know how it goes! Thank you!!

No problem! I hope it turns out well!
these dolls remind me of so many memories! I had tons of them - it's nice to see that people have been able to give them a second life. congratulations for this beautiful custom.
LOL         Pullip                Fan           LOL
At home : Pullip Helter Skelter Ririko, Pullip FullCusto by HipnoticPullip Ultimate Dream : Pullip Victorique de Blois
French!!