Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not MH related, but I need help with Doll Hair.
This is not Monster High Related, but I need help from doll customizers who are experts on changing the texture of a doll's hair.

I'm trying to turn one of my doll's hairs into a natural, afro-textured style. I tried using pipe cleaners in a zig-zag motion, dipped in boiling water, left it to dry overnight, but when I take off the pipe cleaners, I see no results and her hair resets back to straight. This happened twice. What am I doing wrong? I tried following the video tutorials on the matter, but they all seem to go wrong for me.

What should I do to change her hair from straight to natural at once without having to reset back to straight? I could use some help to make my doll have natural hair for once and for all. I'll appreciate anyone trying to help me.

-Christian

The doll I'm using is a 2015 Create-A-Bratz doll.
(03-11-2018, 09:43 AM)Chrisatsinnoh Wrote: This is not Monster High Related, but I need help from doll customizers who are experts on changing the texture of a doll's hair.

I'm trying to turn one of my doll's hairs into a natural, afro-textured style. I tried using pipe cleaners in a zig-zag motion, dipped in boiling water, left it to dry overnight, but when I take off the pipe cleaners, I see no results and her hair resets back to straight. This happened twice. What am I doing wrong? I tried following the video tutorials on the matter, but they all seem to go wrong for me.

What should I do to change her hair from straight to natural at once without having to reset back to straight? I could use some help to make my doll have natural hair for once and for all. I'll appreciate anyone trying to help me.

-Christian

The doll I'm using is a 2015 Create-A-Bratz doll.
Straws maybe? Like using coffee straws as curlers? I recently used normal straws on my Pullip Noir and these were the results, so maybe if you use smaller straws it could give you the look you want?
(It wont let me embed it for some reason so here's the link- https://www.flickr.com/photos/49382033@N...ed-friend/ )
Looking for: Dal Lucia, Sentimental Noon, Taeyang Richt

Wow, s1d, that's cool.
Maybe it has something to do with what the hair is made of. I'm certainly no expert & have only re-rooted & curled one Barbie but when I chose the hair I read that certain types take curl a lot easier than others.
I also did a boiling-water pour/dunk & left it to dry overnight, with regular straws.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I used pipe cleaners on my MH, rolled as tight as I could and twisted the ends together to hold them in place. Her hair was fairly short to begin with. If your dolls hair is long, I would wrap it around the pipe cleaner in a spiral.
[Image: 6161704150_7d00f91e6c_z.jpg]

After removing the pipe cleaners:
[Image: 6161167717_736627cd3d_z.jpg]

Combed out:
[Image: 6184269180_103b6f9561_z.jpg]Monster High Fun
Okay. So I took your advices for consideration and I put them on the test with my doll. I hope I’m doing it right this time...
So I started with the second pipe cleaner method, but this time I used more than usual. I used 20 of them to finish the front part of her hair.

I separated the rest with a hair clip and tried to keep the pipe cleaners upwards so that it’s easy to dip her head on the boiling water (I used hot water twice, though.) CAREFULLY so that the water doesn’t touch her face and ruin it.

[Image: DYAOs9oW0AA9Fm_?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: DYAOs9nW0AEayKz?format=jpg&name=large]

I might ran out of them since my mom only bought 40 instead of 100, so it’s gonna take some days for me to finish the entire head.