Elfy's Doll a Week 2019
Wow, that's an impressive collection!
I like the little one in the safari hat; that looks like my style wink

(10-07-2019, 03:45 PM)Elfy Wrote: Thanks all. I and Finn only need one DC Bombshell to complete the whole set. Cannot find Batman anywhere.
Is this what you're looking for?
https://www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models/fi...551615.htm
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Oh, that's an impressive collection! I hope you'll be able to get Batman Bombshell soon!
It’s a very impressive collection, I can see you are both very proud of it!

The spice stands have worked out well as display pieces.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Aw! Finn does look proud. And I was going to ask about your little bleachers... good to know they're spice stands! smile
Most of the Bombshells are pretty cool, but what's with that dude in the front row? Is he one of the Village People?

I'm curious about your "dolly universe." Obviously Finn is sentient and "alive," so to speak, but what about the figurines like the Bombshells? If Finn collects them, I assume they are for the most part just toys or figurines, as opposed to Finn and the rest of the Pullips, who are self-aware and act independently.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The ‘dude’ is Superman. The concept behind the Bombshells was reimagining DC heroes and villains (predominately females) as 40’s era pinup girls. Series 3 introduced 3 of the male characters (Joker, Superman and the maddeningly hard to find Batman) they imagined Superman as a circus strongman.

The Bombshells are figurines, or toys. They’re not alive. Diana our Wonderwoman Pullip is self aware whereas the Wonderwoman Bombshell and probably the QPosket doll are not.
Finn's collection is amazing - you must have worked very hard on it! It's brilliant sight.
(10-14-2019, 12:31 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw! Finn does look proud. And I was going to ask about your little bleachers... good to know they're spice stands! smile

I saw them a few weeks back when I was shopping for something for my mum, and thought they were just the right size to display the figures.

And they’re very easy to swap around if Elfy wants to show off particular figures at different times.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-14-2019, 03:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: The ‘dude’ is Superman. Series 3 introduced 3 of the male characters (Joker, Superman and the maddeningly hard to find Batman) they imagined Superman as a circus strongman.

Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification. I saw the Superman emblem, but the mustache threw me off. Clark Gable as Superman? Well, actually, I guess that would work in the context of 1930s-1940s style figures.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I did wonder if the moustache was a reference to Henry Cavill’s cgi’ed out one in Justice League.
[Image: 89358aef58cb9583781a68c0f440cd03.jpg]

Amelia points out to Finn that there is more than one Superhero fandom.
Whoa, that's a giant pic!

I hope that your Marvel and DC dolly fan groups don't fight each other.
(10-20-2019, 07:50 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Whoa, that's a giant pic!

I hope that your Marvel and DC dolly fan groups don't fight each other.

Yeah, Pinterest decided to have a fit when I was trying to post it. I hope they don’t fight either, because the DCer’s will win by sheer weight of numbers.
No, we are pretty civilised with our opposing fandoms.

DC is currently “winning” in the toy/figurine battle, mostly because I don’t really like the toys/dolls that Marvel put out. Except for Captain America - I will get his stuff as he’s my favourite.
I'm glad they're nice to each other!

Yeah, I'm having problems with pinterest, too. When I post photos, I have to set the size here on forum. You don't have to fill out both the width and the height, just one of them is fine, so I just always set width to 600 pixels to keep things on screen.