Aijo's Dolls (updated 22 Apr. 2023, p. 14)
Oh the face up and hair are brillaint
@David, dargos, Alliecat, jellyfish, werepuppy: Thank you all for your comments, albeit late!
I did my second full-custom doll in two years, and it was quite an ex-perience for me! I won't do it again! Here is the newest, unex-pected member of my doll family: Gianna. She is a MIO kit mocha. She has her flaws, but I think she'll grow on me with time. Happy

[Image: 49977951298_2edf92b59d_c.jpg]
Gia 001 by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr

[Image: 49978471991_4d11463341_c.jpg]
Gia 003 by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr

[Image: 49978733992_a01c33091d_c.jpg]
Gia 004 by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr
She looks great. I like her eye makeup with her eye colour.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
She looks brilliant. Very sporty. I like how you've styled her wig.
Pretty, stylish, and athletic! I particularly like the last shot where she demonstrates proper passing form!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Ah, that's you... saw her on Omocha. I like her a lot! Her eyes are so pretty. And that's a fur wig, right? Although I'm not typically a fan of them, I think this one looks great on her.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thank you so much everyone. I am happy that you like her. ^^

@Alliecat: Yes, don't forget me! Thank you; I thought so, too! ^^
Hello everyone. I've been doing a photo challenge, so it's really helped with motivating me to take more pictures. I won't do a photo dump, but I will post my favorites from so far!

[Image: 50197553087_39c5011ffc_z.jpg]
Sawyer 103 by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr

[Image: 50212179318_aa957795ec_z.jpg]
Gia 017 by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr

[Image: 50216455566_9d40ef4b7c_z.jpg]
The Girls by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr

[Image: 50216681427_a618225863_z.jpg]
Relax. by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr

[Image: 50223832797_c3f7da04ff_z.jpg]
Black & Gold 2 by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr

[Image: 50223609476_31ce73b250_z.jpg]
Gia 020 by Melissa B. Perry, on Flickr
Your little sets are all so great -- they look like magazine-photo setups. All the girls are lovely and the posing is terrific too smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
That daybed pic from the high angle, looking through the hanging lanterns, is fantastic! Love 'em all, but that one especially!

Kinda makes me want to take a nap, though.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Seconding the magazine photo setup-look - the posing, the preps and the composition in your photos is absolutely wonderful! I like how you use more unusual cropping techniques to add even more character and emotions to a picture (I've noticed this especially in the photostories, but the picture with Tarryn relaxing is another great example). I think my favourite is the one where Tarryn and Shion are conversing - it's so lively and dynamic, thes look like they are having fun!

Also, I really love Shion in this brown wig - she looked great in the darker one(s? the style of the bangs seems to change sometimes) she's had earlier too, but this one really gives her a playful, happy and easygoing character - which the jeans overall dress only enhances. Also, Yuri is a Pullip I almost didn't know existed before, she just passed me by in her original outfit and looks - but Shion is so charming that I had to look her up, and I realised I actually really like her face-up. I'm trying not to get more Pullips on my wishlist than whom I currently have plans with/for, but she's suddenly become seriously tempting smile

(also - that pot with the anchors! My girls - who are living in a nautical-themed room - love it and requested me to let you know that they think your girls have a great taste! wink )
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Lovely photos, I also love the two heavily curled wigs, the darker one in particular is really nice <3

You are really good at posing your dolls, this is definitely something I want to get more practice at!

@Allie: Thank you so much! That's actually the vibe I was going for!

@davidd: Thank you! You know that is actually my favorite photo, too. I love the angle of it, because it's unique and fun! If it makes you want to take a nap, that's why the title of it is called "Relax." LOL

@Loona: Thank you! I'm glad you picked up on that, because that's my typical style of photography. Yuri is such a great doll and really versatile! I put her in a white fur wig at one point, and she looked so adorable! I totally recommend her--even in stock, she is such a classy doll. I would've loved to use her stock wig, but it's a bit too heavy for the 25cm she's on.

@Lilcurly: Thank you! I also love the dark one as well; I was very surprised it would look so nice on Nanette. As for posing, just studying the natural human form, how people sit, how people do things, even how you do things is helpful. Watching TV shows and looking at people's mannerisms, looking at fashion, family, couple, and wedding photography helps. Casual and amateur photography is also helpful. These help me to create more realistic poses. smile
(08-16-2020, 05:46 AM)Aijo Wrote: @Lilcurly: Thank you! I also love the dark one as well; I was very surprised it would look so nice on Nanette. As for posing, just studying the natural human form, how people sit, how people do things, even how you do things is helpful. Watching TV shows and looking at people's mannerisms, looking at fashion, family, couple, and wedding photography helps. Casual and amateur photography is also helpful. These help me to create more realistic poses. smile

Very good tips! Thank you :smile I would like to take a bit of time to improve my dolly photography skills, and mooching photos to help with posing definitely seems like a solid starting point.