Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Pictures also showing off your books sound like a lovely idea - one I'd definitely love to see.

Your Pullips, as well as Draculaura and Elissabat look lovely. I was contemplating getting this version of Lala, but in the end I didn't. I sometimes regret this decision, but then I seem to forget about her relatively quickly instead of starting may eBay searches, so I guess it's OK. I do have Elissabat, and I love her, she is one of the few releases who I find perfect just as she is* - her innocent ex-pression is adorable, and I really like her her hair and her stock.

*that said, and it's funny when I think of it, mine has been lounging around redressed in Operetta's deluxe fashion pack dress for about a year or two.

EDIT: others made me realise I totally forgot to actually write down what I thought about the doodle... I find it super cute! Dracula's expression is priceless! The poor thing though... I'm still happy he has found a way to at least be out in the daylight, even if he has to use protection to avoid it directly. I love the little cross on the top of the umbrella, and the whole execution with the shading is just wonderful.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Love the doodle! smile
Such a cute doodle! Now I want a comic series with this little guy!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The doodle is great. Reminds me of things I saw in Buffy and What We Do In The Shadows with vampires trying to avoid the sun.
Whenever you post the CE Draculaura I’m tempted to “do a Davidd “ and look for one on eBay. But I’ve talked myself out of it each time (so far...)

Poor sad (but sensible to have an umbrella) Dracula. And Elissabat mimicking his picture is very cute.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you very much, everyone!

To answer questions from previous posts:

(09-08-2020, 05:05 AM)davidd Wrote: *snip*
Of course, another question arises: what was your eventual major for your totally useless bachelor's degree from a totally useless university? (You see, I can relate to aspects of this story...).
*snip*

I believe its English name is Guidance in vocational education, it's what the diploma supplement says, but that's in name only. The major itself was newly established at that uni, and it was a hot mess of courses that had absolutely nothing to do with the official definition of that major (which I found interesting and it was the reason why I applied for it). It was a total farce.

(09-08-2020, 06:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote: *snip*
Do you do any bookbinding of your own these days?

Sadly, not much. Last time I touched it was in 2019. I have to invade my parents' place and make an improvised workshop in their living room, so it's complicated to organise, and with all the other stuff like migraines and whatnot, I don't get to it very often.

Day ouch

I'm still under a migraine hex, so today's photo isn't what I originally aimed for, which sucks, because it's the Wonderful Weirdos Day, and I wanted to celebrate it more. I couldn't get the focus right, because my eyes aren't fully functional atm, and colors are a bit off, too.

[Image: 0ac7edaa4bf71f11fc6fd7c7cbbfdb0b.jpg]

I tried to filter away the bleh-fulness of the photo, with questionable results.

[Image: 3933b4598bad98fa38f860e8dcd3743b.jpg]

This is last year's photo, in case you want to see something less blurry.
Both photos are brilliant! I love the mix of colours that there is there. And it doesn't seem blurry at all to me.
The colors are far more muted and lack the "pop" you usually achieve in such scenes.

That said, the poses are a lot of fun, as is the mix of characters! The relative lack of "punch" in the colors contrasts most curiously with the lively antics of the characters, contributing to, and perhaps even enhancing, the sense of "weirdness" of your wonderful weirdos!

So... another migraine success!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I like the eclectic mix of oddlites.
Thanks guys!

Day 254

Migraine migrated ...migrainted?... to the other side of my head (eventhough it didn't have any cookies), which is great, because left migraines aren't usually as heavy as right migraines. Does that mean I have more brain on the right side? Or maybe less brain on the right side? Who knows...

So compared to yesterday, today's mig pic is less mig and more pic, yay!

[Image: 92c22d0e9cde21af0b68fc0da261731f.jpg]

And the original, which looks evey bit as filtered, because Ghoulia's hair has a radiant personality.

[Image: 6c55db691069a0a40098eac359337276.jpg]
The filtered pic looks like it was taken when Cleo was first found, perhaps her first ex.posure to modern technolgy. Like if she was found in the 1920s.

It is fantastic, Ghoulia's hair.
The filtered pic is eerily evocative of the "Golden Age" of Egyptology, 1880s-1920s. Mattel was obviously still fully supporting the MH line when this duo was designed. Sad that by the time they were released that support had faltered. Nonetheless, it is a fabulous set of figs, rendered marvelously and stylishly in your excellent photograph.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
They are both kind of luminous. And your weirdos are a fun and diverse group.
Hope the migraine migraintes right on out soon.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Many thanks, everyone!

Day 255

[Image: 226c888cee646a24b9d9e31b28ba006d.jpg]

This Frankie release is quite special to me. I just felt really good at the time I got her, and she absorbed that good feeling and became the guardian of precious memories of that late summer, and thanks to her, I can remember it more clearly. Ah, good times.
She is a particularly stunning Frankie release, so I can easily see how she would become a guardian of precious memories.