Elfy's Doll a Week 2021
(02-08-2021, 03:34 PM)davidd Wrote: That's a serious pile of Already Read! Do you keep them afterward? Do the piles ever fall over?

That's only about half-way up that particular pile of books too - there's another one BEHIND that pile that's a similar height, all of them are read books that really need to be put in the Library.

The To Be Read books are currently in 6 piles - and they're just the ones in the loungeroom.  There are MANY more in the Library (and the Library-offshoot, and a couple more in the upstairs landing bookshelf).
We will probably be buried alive by our books one day...

About 18 months ago we got rid of 20 archive boxes full (donated to one of the local charities for their shop), and that barely made a dent in our collection.  And last summer we gave two large bags to one of the daughters of a person I play softball with, who's a big reader as well, and was running out of things to read.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yari looks very determined to get to the top of the pile there - was there something in particular she was looking for? Or weas it just the challenge of the climb?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(02-08-2021, 05:15 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Yari looks very determined to get to the top of the pile there - was there something in particular she was looking for?  Or weas it just the challenge of the climb?

Pretty sure that Random Sh*t Flying Through the Air caught her eye, although that’s a sequel to The Girl Who Could Move Sh*t With Her Mind.
OK, we need Yari in victorious pose on the top of the pile next week!
(02-08-2021, 09:14 PM)Elfy Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 05:15 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Yari looks very determined to get to the top of the pile there - was there something in particular she was looking for?  Or weas it just the challenge of the climb?

Pretty sure that Random Sh*t Flying Through the Air caught her eye, although that’s a sequel to The Girl Who Could Move Sh*t With Her Mind.

Gosh, this crached me up! I had to Google this to actually believe these are book titles Tongue LOL Yeah, they seem appropriately interesting, can't blame Yari for wanting to climb up, knowing something like this is there somewhere further up in the pile. She looks determined. My first thought was that she would probably be better off asking her taller friend standing in the far right, but then I realised it's Yari, and she'd probably never ask for help Tongue
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Wow!
Is Yari looking for an action-adventure story with lots of spear and sword fighting?  Or does she have a completely unex-pected literary taste, like... romantic mysteries or something?  LOL
These discussions about piles of books remind me of this cartoon:

[Image: DkDk0SbX0AAk3YC.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
This is probably why we keep the stacks of books in the living room and/or the library, but not in the bedrooms. I was reading a rather large tome not all that long ago and I did joke to Lejays that if I accidentally dropped it while reading in bed I may just knock myself unconscious. I do actually have some sword and sorcery in the place, but not in that pile. I figure that would be the way Yari's literary tastes skew, although she could also enjoy space opera, she'd identify with a female jedi.
Valentine's Day here and Daisy and Timmy celebrated it with a rose on the swing outside:

[Image: 1d129f15349b79c6ff8849373d82503e.jpg]
They look so cute together on the swing. It looks like they're having a lovely time today.
That is such a cute little swing! I'm always happy when it appears in your cute photos.

Does anyone make the swing their semi-permanent home when not posing for photos?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Jo-Meg and Sophie had it for quite some time. At present Miranda has claimed it, and the rest are too scared of her minions to try and take it back.
What a lovely way to spend Valentine's!
Aw! The flowers are a perfect size for them.
Awww, they look cute - but also a little shy to have their photos taken. And nothing beats a good swinging - well, apparently nothing but a good swinging together with the one you love ^^

(02-14-2021, 03:08 PM)Elfy Wrote: At present Miranda has claimed it, and the rest are too scared of her minions to try and take it back.

OMG this cracked me up hard! LOL LOL LOL
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Very sweet!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]