Elfy's Doll a Week 2021
When we were deciding who would feature in the pic, I chose Timmy (Laura), as she had the same shade of red hair as the flower.

The yellow one looks just as nice - and i hope that the others come out quickly too.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
They’re such pretty flowers. It’s cute how the gang is all gathered around to see.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Weather didn't cooperate in the way I had hoped it might, but a photo was still taken.

[Image: 51492183545_7a04098ac1_c.jpg]Pirate camellias

Tansy braved the wrath of Meredith and wore the pirate hat, because she rather likes it, even if she doesn't wear it the right way around, and went outside to play in the carpet of fallen camellia petals that we have on our front path.
She looks great in the hat, and she was very brave to invite the wrath of Meredith. the carpet of camellias is very striking (and hides the stand very nicely).
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
O’ course Tansy shanghaied th’ pirate hat, fer t’day be Talk Like a Pirate Day! An’ a fine piratical pitcher it be, with th’ decks awash in blood in the wake o’ Tansy th’ Terror o’ th’ Tortugas!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
What a beautiful carpet of petals!
Oooh, pretty... That would be a great setting for many photos.
The first thing I would try is a really shallow focus and throw a bunch of petals through the frame so it looks like they’re falling. Maybe you can try it!
Actually I think her hat is a little more historically accurate that way around, isn’t it…?
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
That photo trick could be fun to try. It was pretty windy out yesterday, and the weight of Tansy’s hair tends to unbalance her, when I added the weight of the hat, it either fell off, or she tried to levitate while in her stand. Lejays was out at the time, hunting for the garden that we later photographed Meredith in.
Your description made me laugh. it looks like she is a off beat spell caster who accidently summoned a whole bunch of petals and now has to clean them up...quick.
(09-21-2021, 04:40 AM)Aichan Wrote: Your description made me laugh. it looks like she is a off beat spell caster who accidently summoned  a whole bunch of petals  and now has to clean them up...quick.

Tansy is our flower child. She's Jo-Meg's twin sister. Our spellcaster is Miranda. We're still trying to work out if she enchanted Tristan to be her boyfriend.
People not from Australia may not be aware of it, but in Melbourne on Wednesday morning at about 9, we had an earthquake. They're very rare occurrences here. The ground shook for about 30 seconds in the city and suburbs. The epicentre was in the alpine town of Mansfield (roughly 180 kilometres from the city) and took place about 10 kms underground. It was felt as far away as northern Tasmania, Adelaide and Canberra. Fortunately there was very little property damage and no injuries that I'm aware of. This weeks pictures commemorate it as it shook a few of our girls up.

[Image: 51512649497_555e22b601_c.jpg]
Before the earthquake. The Elemental sisters: Honey (blonde hair - Earth), Esther (purple hair - Air), Nyxie (blue hair - Water) and Shala (black hair - Fire), had breakfast outside on the lawn, because it was a nice morning.

[Image: 51514165559_7a5a8d88ed_c.jpg]
After the earthquake. Then disaster struck! No one was injured, but Esther and Nyxie were shaken up and breakfast was ruined. We haven't made this public, but we suspect that Honey lost control of her element briefly and caused the whole thing.
I did see the Australian earthquake in the news, and I'm glad everyone's OK! I've only ever ex.perienced an earthquake once, and it was very weird/ unsettling.

Poor Honey getting blamed for this smile
I take it you felt the quake?

There was one here in southern Utah a couple of years ago. Very odd sensation.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I heard about it too. I've felt a couple of little tremors but nothing major. Good news that damage was minimal.
Heheh, I was going to say something about 'did someone annoy Honey' before scrolling to the end of your post LOL
(09-26-2021, 12:31 PM)davidd Wrote: I take it you felt the quake?

There was one here in southern Utah a couple of years ago. Very odd sensation.

Very much so - but we didn’t realise at the time. I was working & listening to the mowing guy doing his stuff. I honestly thought I was feeling the vibrations from that to start with!