Lejays17 2021 Doll A Week
That bright orange hair is just adorable!

I want to see Amy try to stand and balance on top of the yarn ball.

Knitting and gossip - sounds like a fine afternoon!

Soap for Elfy... are you hinting at something?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(05-03-2021, 10:29 AM)davidd Wrote: Soap for Elfy... are you hinting at something?

No hint about the soap. I just love it. We're always trying to find differently scented stuff.
(05-03-2021, 03:36 PM)Elfy Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 10:29 AM)davidd Wrote: Soap for Elfy... are you hinting at something?

No hint about the soap. I just love it. We're always trying to find differently scented stuff.

Elfy smells better than I do, due to his love of differently scented stuff  LOL

I generally smell boringly like vanilla.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
The gnome-knitting has started well, I've cast on 2 different ones.
They will most likely be featured in a couple of weeks - they're supposed to be finished by the end of the month.

davidd, I did try to get her to balance, but it was too awkward to keep her straight.

It was a beautiful autumn day, so Bethan enjoyed the last bit of sunshine in the garden.

[Image: d8b82a24daa03742d7ac7c4ca11064a8.jpg]

And a close-up
[Image: 9cef549baa9383f018cde590872cca21.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
The dolls so love that swing.
She looks very peaceful. I could use a swing like that (as in, a me-size one smile).
Your autumn weather looks nicer than spring or summer here!

I suspect your winter weather is nicer than spring or summer here!

Bethan has lovely brown eyes, which are nicely accentuated in the second photo! Heart 2
Ha, yes, I'd like a me-size one too.
She seems to be daydreaming. It looks like a lovely setting, and I like her dress too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
You may not think that about our current weather, davidd. It's hardly stopped raining since Sunday evening.
Thanks all, we do love the swing. And it would be great to have a me-sized one too LOL

I thought afterwards I should have put a book on her lap, or dangling from her hand, and a cup of tea by her side too
We went round to my parents last weekend, and I came home with a tub of dolls / accessories from my childhood.  After checking with my sister (they were hers when we were young) that it was okay to do so.

This is a line of dolls called Matilda (from waltzing Matilda of course  LOL ) from the 70's - 80's.  Looking at her various outfits, I;m assuming she's a 19th Cengtury girl.
I'm really pleased with the condition of them, considering they've been heavily played with - both by us at the time, and by the nieces / nephews in the last 10 or so years.
I'll need to do some delicate washing of the fabric items, and some repairs (sewing on press-studs, fixing seams), but all in all, they look good.

[Image: 64e705fa52766ea4fe7183f73356edd9.jpg]
Matilda with the lavender plant (to give an idea of size)

[Image: eb29c796d23819d07dac8ca26131da12.jpg]
The other 2 dolls from the box, with some of the furniture

[Image: cdc23575bf58cb10c5337c220f1586c6.jpg]
All the furniture, with the 3 dolls.  I didn't put out all the clothes outfits, or the rest of the dining stuff.  Maybe on a warmer day when I can sit outside & play.
They're adorable! I'm sure they're pleased to see the light of day again.
What cute and detailed furniture and outfits! Reminds me a bit of Sylvanian Families, which is always very nice quality. Good to see that Matilda and Friends will be back in action... and that you retrieved a tub of childhood treasures!
Aww, they are cute! And what a fun little furniture set too. It's great to rediscover childhood treasures and enjoy them again. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Does your sister still share a doll interest too?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-17-2021, 01:07 AM)davidd Wrote: What cute and detailed furniture and outfits! Reminds me a bit of Sylvanian Families, which is always very nice quality. Good to see that Matilda and Friends will be back in action... and that you retrieved a tub of childhood treasures!
I was really surprised at the details on everything, seeing them again.  When I have another nice weekend, I'll do some more detailed shots of everything.  I didn't set out the entire dining setting - it's got teeny cutlery as well!

(05-17-2021, 03:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Aww, they are cute!  And what a fun little furniture set too.  It's great to rediscover childhood treasures and enjoy them again.  Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.  Does your sister still share a doll interest too?
Sadly, no, my sisters don't share the interest as adults.  But they did enjoy the memories these dolls brought back of fun playtime / adventures.
It's a bit hard to find info about these dolls online, given their age, but I think that we have all the available furniture for them, which is pretty cool!  Not all the outfits though.