Lejays17 2021 Doll A Week
Elfy has some great ideas for photos, so I copy him with a bit of a twist (so we don't post basically the same thing each week).

[Image: 0d8529b7eff323d6ff79aee3b58e1898.jpg]
Yari "helped" Daisy with some gardening today.  Daisy was a bit horrified by how much she cut down  LOL

But it did clear out some of the growth, and Daisy found a name-sake flower
[Image: 3a7cdb2ffbba7359fdd72b2f1e635bf0.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
The namesake flower is very cute, just shyly hidden away there.
Aw! I hope Yari pointed out the namesake flower and got a few points back in Daisy's book...
Wow, look at all that greenery. I hope Daisy got to keep her flower. Is that a bird of paradise in the background?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Well spotted, Allie! Yes, it is a bird of paradise.
Ohhh, I wish!!!! >sigh<
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Who gets to drag all that "slashed" debris to the mulch pile? Looks like a lot of work ahead!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(05-26-2021, 11:43 AM)davidd Wrote: Who gets to drag all that "slashed" debris to the mulch pile? Looks like a lot of work ahead!

Fortunately the green bin is just out of shot, and Elfy did a great job of shoving the debris into it.
My contribution to the gardening is supervising the tree loppers this Friday. Oh, and I potted a broken piece of succulent yesterday LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
A day late this week - Life is Happening at the moment.  But I have a week of Annual Leave to recharge myself.

It was a very cold start to the day today, and Locksley (my biggest bear) couldn't wait for Becky to finish making the blanket before he claimed it.  LOL

[Image: da19f9bf0587d1caab85515fefa51729.jpg]
He looks like he would bring warmth to a chilly day!
Seeing him like this with Becky reminds me of exactly how large Locksley is.
He looks like a gentle giant smile
How long does it take Becky to make a knitted blanket that is ten times her height in each dimension?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(06-01-2021, 11:54 AM)davidd Wrote: How long does it take Becky to make a knitted blanket that is ten times her height in each dimension?

Umm, translating from human-sized times, maybe 100 years??  LOL  Each square is around 30cm x 30cm (or 12in x 12in), so they're not quite 10x her height  Tongue

truthfully, this was my travelling project, so I don't know exactly how much time it took, I started it on 27 Jan, and finished 30 May, and there are 12 squares in total, and then the joining & border.

Alliecat - it is quite a warm blanket, Elfy was using the other one I made in December last night as he was colder than usual.

Elfy - I'd forgotten how big he is too, even though he usually sits (and fills) the human-sized chair in the bedroom.

Dargo - he is.  He's not my most-favourite of my bears (that would be Teddy, my original bear), but he's pretty close.
I've had a week of annual leave this last week, and have enjoyed sitting on the couch & reading or knitting (plus watching loads of college softball  LOL )

Tristan approves of my latest book - a favourite author in a favourite historical period (Im also entertaining myself my compairing it to Kingdom of Heaven - the film with Orlando Bloom & Eva Green).

[Image: c911f265b6e7f090471a0d8f01acacb7.jpg]