Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General chat thread for Monster High
"I know something you don't know. I am not left-handed."

Well, actually....

[Image: 2_left_hands.jpg]

What's wrong with this picture? Two left hands? Yes. Two left hands on the same doll! This is how Monster High Student Disembodied Council Cleo de Nile came out of the package.

In the early years, Monster High figures were incredibly detailed, and their hands were delicately formed and perfectly finished, with perfect fit and no flashing. Over time, however, manufacturing quality and attention to detail declined precipitously. Even prior to the "reboot" the quality was suffering.

Case in point right here: two left hands on the Cleo figure from what was originally a fairly pricey box set of five figures. In addition to the figure having two left hands, you can see in this photo that the finishing on the hands is not particularly good. The fingernails are not defined. The joints are sloppy. The fit into the wrists is unattractive.

It's sad how Mattel let the most exciting toy line they had introduced in years degenerate into bootleg-quality crap.

I bought this set recently on eBay, so it's not like I can contact Mattel about the issue. Not that I'd bother. At this point, while I still adore the early MH line, I have completely lost interest in the later figures and the reboot line.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: General chat thread for Monster High - by Sei - 01-24-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: General chat thread for Monster High - by davidd - 02-11-2018, 12:08 PM