Pullip DEBUT! (Wind Limited Edition) - Review and low-def gallery.
After one incredible stroke of luck on Ebay, I found the first ever Pullip, the numero uno, the very limited

DEBUT! (Wind special edition) I'm naming her Debbie Windfall. Happy

[Image: MU7gMrZ.jpg]

I got her for 163$US shipped by EMS from Japan to Canada. Took less than a week to arrive!

[Image: nLXoiKt.jpg]
[Image: vd10zUv.jpg]
[Image: 9MoQgZ7.jpg]

I was very careful when unboxing and I made sure to replace all the twist ties back in their places.
No collector card (did they even exist then?) but a nice promo pamphlet:

[Image: J9ZRPpw.jpg]
[Image: YuPI44W.jpg]

The bike barely have any plastics and is mostly diecast. It's details are incredible. The pedal, the breaks, everything work! The kickstand cannot be lifted up however.

[Image: mCPvMN7.jpg]
[Image: hl64jh5.jpg]
[Image: r75CkLw.jpg]
[Image: EZiUaUu.jpg]
[Image: cBZraHz.jpg]
[Image: ihj61zi.jpg]
[Image: 3ua1054.jpg]
[Image: rZvjCMr.jpg]

The backpack is cute and look realistic.

[Image: yLOISp9.jpg]
[Image: tBZWDt5.jpg]

Unfortunately, the rooted hair are a poor frizzy mess.

[Image: iyepvcc.jpg]
[Image: 80osgdz.jpg]
[Image: JhaiZsp.jpg]
IT'S FRIZZES HELL!
But I will never dare to try to unfrizzy that. Not after the Holly incident. Still, having wild hair do fit her style. So I can forgive it.

[Image: 3wOvofX.jpg]

Her face-up is very basic. So basic that my unskilled hands can do better! It really look like a prototype.

[Image: whYpoZr.jpg]

Even more in the prototype spirit, there's that creepy gap between the eye and the faceplate. A "Blythe gap" if you will.

[Image: eFD6GuC.jpg]

Of course, her eyes can't stay closed but they don't close completely either. May be a T-1 thing.

[Image: apOVTz2.jpg]

Her eyechips are pretty special. Like the ones that came with the Dal MIO kit, but this time painted right.

[Image: iUvyx9y.jpg]
[Image: JwoWG7g.jpg]

A major flaw with this premium kit is the bike is too small for Debby. Plus sitting her on that bike is a struggle. The T-1 body have an extra ab-crunch point of articulation that is too weak to properly support the heavy head. It flop around like a rag doll, making posing difficult. Plus the saddle of the bike is made out of slippery metal. So poor Debby just slide off the bike over and over. That bike would be perfect for a current Dal or Byul, but it's no good for Pullip of any kind.
Plus there's some weird metallic sound binging and tanging from the doll as you manipulate her. A bit worrying.

Still, when one manage to finally make her pose on the bike, the overall look is just fantastic. Well worth the effort! However, it's very unstable and just breathe on her wrong and poor Debbie will "faint".

[Image: gapduLG.jpg]
[Image: ioK4mIS.jpg]
That headscarf is cool!
[Image: xzznqn5.jpg]

[Image: et36wTl.jpg]
The T-1 body sure have.... well, video below have the right words:

[Image: LZ6PgPW.jpg]
That chain is cool but I do hope Debbie place it the right way before riding her bike. You know, to avoid some... surprize... Sweatdrop

[Image: pQfrYbI.jpg]
[Image: EXBgjT9.jpg]

I don't think having hair long enough to reach the ground when biking is a good idea. But shhhhhh… Cartoon physics! LOL

[Image: CO11aUE.jpg]
[Image: IaHaIYj.jpg]
[Image: cnMGngJ.jpg]
[Image: 6aURoVg.jpg]
[Image: w34keuX.jpg]

Hard to see here but underneath the T-1 body, meaning all the back side, is a SEA OF SCREWS! Whacked This make poor Debbie look like a Frankenstein monster! So in order for her not to look... screwed… One must pose her the right way. BTW, her left hand is floppy-loose. Oh well.

[Image: yjQnyg7.jpg]
[Image: eHbvsWG.jpg]

One note over the shirt, it dosent open all the way from the back. So we have to remove it like pants. Weird design.

[Image: 5zDqRfA.jpg]

Despite the simplicity of her face-up, the eye gaps, the frizzy hair, and all her flaws, I still think she's pretty beautiful and fun.

[Image: 6JDs4ce.jpg]
[Image: y1k2UbO.jpg]
Should that become my new avatar? What do you think?

Finally, I had to give her a stand. She didn't came with one (No traces of it ever being included originally) For maximum stability. The overall package is very nice and it's fun to see how Pullips have come a LONG way since the T-1 body.

I'm pretty happy to have been able to get such a precious piece of Pullip History! Especially at such a ridiculous price. Will I ever get another T1 Pullip? Maybe. But the price should be right. Time and luck will decide!

[Image: QxqjVk8.jpg]

Now Debbie is waiting for her little friends, Drta and my Dal custom.
I hope you loved the pictures and the review!

NOTE: Wrote:I derped and took low res pictures. Still, even if I had taken big pictures, it would still have been not true HD. So for a high def gallery, I'll have to hire a pro. Nope for now. Anyway, those pictures are better than nothing I guess... slash
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Pullip DEBUT! (Wind Limited Edition) - Review and low-def gallery. - by Kanrabat - 10-03-2018, 08:53 AM