Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip)
Hi, everyone. :3
About a month ago this lovely Happy Birthday Pullip! set arrived, and I wanted to share some pictures (especially since someone requested them!). yay.
This is a limited two-doll set that includes Pullip and Namu in a masquerade theme.
[Image: 32864801047_a092a86d3d_z.jpg]*[Image: 46891978575_baaf917480_z.jpg]
The Namu is my favorite and the reason I bought the set. LOL. He is very photogenic! The Pullip actually is quite pretty, but she suffers from the sunken stare of the earlier Type 2 mechs, which cause Pullips' eyes sit farther back in their head. (Later Type 2's have a similar mech to Type 3.) The lighter iris color only helps bring out the stare, but her makeup is nice!

[Image: 32864800887_dc24e048e3_c.jpg]
Their masks look super neat. Just look at them! What you can't see are the black feathers sticking up from the top of Namu's.

And here is the lovely set together:
[Image: 46891978385_034094b9ab_c.jpg]

Their box is actually pretty neat, too!
[Image: 46891978685_f31f0f1500_z.jpg]
The seller packed them so safely; I was extremely happy with the care they took to keep the dolls safe, at my request. The glue holding the box together had aged, so the package was basically open anyway. I requested they cover the dolls' faces, and they went the whole nine yards - bubble wrap over the masks, the dolls faces, between the dolls, over the entire contents - EVERYTHING. yay.

You know, my least favorite thing of the set is that the dolls themselves aren't named. The barcode is labeled "Happy Birthday Pullip!" That's it. They don't have fan-given nicknames like the second Happy Birthday! set. The masquerade theme only brings to my mind The Phantom of the Opera (the 2004 film), which I love. I like the name Christine for the Pullip,  but the Namu is left with either the Phantom or Raoul. I'm more inclined to call him Phantom, I think. Does anyone have other ideas? :3

(These are all the photos I have for now, until I unbox them!)
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - by *NatTheCat* - 05-09-2019, 03:05 PM