TURKOCK, the Folw Drill Sergeant! (Xmass gift for my mom)
(12-30-2020, 10:12 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: As to why I tend to help "confused" parents and grand-parents who are shopping for transformers is simple. The goal of a toy is to make memories and to have fun.  A robot that is too advanced for a kid will just give a sour taste. And if I want to keed collecting Transformers for the next 35 years, the fanbase must have fresh blood every year!  Happy

I really like that approach! And the "fresh blood"-part is very reasonable. In many areas* I can sometimes see that their groups seem to want to keep those areas all to themselves, and don't, or only grumpily allow others in, not realising that if there isn't fresh blood, the group will also soon be nonexistent, because in a collector fanbase's case, the less profit coming in from the limited amount of people will result in less stuff coming out and less things to collect, and in general cases, people knowledgeable/interested in that area will simply die out, with noone to pass their knowledge and interest on to.

*a weird example of this is a small university major I attended in the early-mid 2000s. Teachers (mostly in their 60s, even!) were all acting as if it wasn't in their interest to teach us the stuff, those who were already studying there weren't respected, and those who wanted to attend weren't welcome - it was hell to get in and stay in, so no wonder many just gave up. If it wasn't for one single angel of a teacher, I would have quit too. And I didn't stay to do research or anything related to the area, no, thank you, it's bad enough to think back to them. The major does not exist anymore, it was discontinued sometime shortly after I left. They kinda deserved it, and I cannot feel sorry for them... (I would have been if it affected Mr. Angel teacher, but he was only giving lectures there, and had another important/main job, so he didn't lose his job and get into a risky situation as a result)
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: TURKOCK, the Folw Drill Sergeant! (Xmass gift for my mom) - by Loona - 12-31-2020, 11:12 PM