Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event 2014
I'm bringing 3-5 dolls and my bf. He will have his Queena with him, so that makes at least one male attendee who is coming with a doll willingly XD We'll be the college kids with dark hair and glasses.
I'm an artist. [thread=7257750]~Custom face-up commissions available here~[/thread] ~Commission info and portfolio here~ [thread=7256925]~Art and Commission Thread~[/thread]
[thread=7257414]Little Olly MIO Custom[/thread]
[thread=7256975]Feedback[/thread]
Photo Albums: Sasha Lumina~Ai-Zen (Freya)~Nahh Ato~Serpent~WonderWoman
[thread=7257856]Dolls for sale[/thread]
[thread=7257787]Doll clothes for sale[/thread]
[thread=7257185]Other dolls and items for sale[/thread]
[thread=7257795]Non-Doll items for sale (games, Hello Kitty, etc.)[/thread]
[thread=7257065]Wanted List[/thread]
(05-30-2014, 10:38 AM)Requiem Wrote: There may or may not also be a happy hour in the hotel's restaurant for doll lovers over the age of 21 before the tea party Tongue
There will definitely be some over 21 drinking in the hotel's restaurant Saturday night before the tea party!

(05-30-2014, 02:04 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Eek! So much to do and I'm running out of time! And yet I can't wait to get there!
Ditto ditto, eek eek eek!

I really encourage everyone to screw up their nerve and delurk! Really, you'll be glad you did. And you'll have a spot at a table so you can chat with your tablemates. There will be one ice breaker this year (but don't panic! it will be a group activity and no questions about yourself are involved).
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
(05-30-2014, 03:14 PM)Meowceline Wrote: Can we lurk together? And talk about dolls? I need friends sad

You've already met some of us! We're not scary. I have terrible anxiety, but after the first dolly meet it was all good. Turns out it's very hard to be scared of people who just want to talk about your interests smile It's not worth lurking, you'll have way more fun wondering and talking. There are just so many things to look at!
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
And those of you who aren't staying at the hotel, I really encourage you to come to the hotel Friday night and/or Mitsuwa for dinner.

What to expect message 2:
On Saturday, the meeting room is open for set up about 7:00 am. If you want to help, come on down! It looks pretty chaotic but we get everything ready to go by 9:00 am. Shifty Lizard will have two tables of dolls for sale. Other vendors will have about ½ of a table each. If you are a vendor, I definitely recommend arriving early so the vendors can work things out to the satisfaction of everyone.

Registration officially begins at 8:00 am. You’ll check in at the registration table, pick out a gift bag, and put on a nametag. (Everyone, including parents/significant others/spouses/friends/siblings, who is connected with our group is asked to wear a nametag when in the room so we can tell if someone is there who does not belong.) The gift bag will include a list of sponsors and the day’s schedule on the back. We generally hold pretty close to the schedule.

Each registered attendee then chooses a seat at one of the round tables. There are no assigned seats. “Extra” people who did not pay the registration fee are asked not to take seats at the round tables so all the registered attendees have a place.

Most people display their dolls on the tables. It’s fun to walk around later and see all the dolls. Please note that there is no security; let’s all take responsibility for making sure nothing gets stolen or broken.

There are bathrooms very close to the meeting room. Hotel staff provide ice water all day. There are no meals provided at PUDDLE (although there are a couple snacks in the gift bags and some candy on the tables). We will break for lunch.
My feedback:

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
Anyone arriving on Thursday? I should be there by late afternoon, so if anyone is around and wants to go someplace for dinner, I'm game.
Did we ever decide on event dolls? Tweety and... Akemi? Chicca? Papin? Assa?
My feedback:

I think we should do a head count of all the dolls there and the most common one is the event doll?
That's a definite possibility, but since many people won't bring *all* their dolls it would also be nice to choose one in advance.
My feedback:

Well we could always use Hina's headcount thread as a guide.
Penelope (Nero), Esme (Papin), Payton (Celsiy), Shelby (Lizbel), Mason (Neo Noir), Aggie (Mercu), Cricket (Heiwa), Lucian (Ni-Ya), Theo (Rayne), Daisy (Dumbo), Iggy (Fanatica), Willow (China China)
My Flickr
(05-31-2014, 09:23 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Anyone arriving on Thursday? I should be there by late afternoon, so if anyone is around and wants to go someplace for dinner, I'm game.

My friend Jojo and I will be around Thursday smile I'll see if she's up to it.
I am really super shy too. :3 I'm really looking forward to Friday because I think the mall trip sounds amazing! I'm bringing my parents (yes, I'm a grown woman :p) and three dolls, Naomi & Millie (Dal Rin) and Alanna (steampunk Aurora). My mom's bringing Captain Hook (and she's really looking forward to buying him a new wig, and maybe a casual outfit...)

I don't know what I'll be wearing yet, but I'm Amazonian (aka tall & fat), so I'm kind of hard to miss. :3
I'm not going to let any of you lurk when I'm around :3
I'm an artist. [thread=7257750]~Custom face-up commissions available here~[/thread] ~Commission info and portfolio here~ [thread=7256925]~Art and Commission Thread~[/thread]
[thread=7257414]Little Olly MIO Custom[/thread]
[thread=7256975]Feedback[/thread]
Photo Albums: Sasha Lumina~Ai-Zen (Freya)~Nahh Ato~Serpent~WonderWoman
[thread=7257856]Dolls for sale[/thread]
[thread=7257787]Doll clothes for sale[/thread]
[thread=7257185]Other dolls and items for sale[/thread]
[thread=7257795]Non-Doll items for sale (games, Hello Kitty, etc.)[/thread]
[thread=7257065]Wanted List[/thread]
I'm sad I'm not going to have as much money for PUDDLE as I wanted to. sad Darn real life priorities and unexpected car maintenance... Oh well I'm still excited to just be going. It's been years since I was last at a doll meet.
Penelope (Nero), Esme (Papin), Payton (Celsiy), Shelby (Lizbel), Mason (Neo Noir), Aggie (Mercu), Cricket (Heiwa), Lucian (Ni-Ya), Theo (Rayne), Daisy (Dumbo), Iggy (Fanatica), Willow (China China)
My Flickr
You'll still get some stuff at PUDDLE, even if you don't buy things! And you can always shop the "leave something, take something" box.

sashes for PUDDLE

There are several contests at PUDDLE, and you are encouraged to participate in any or all of them. There are some great prizes for the winners too.

To enter the dress like your doll contest, you do just that - dress like your doll. This contest is open to any kind of doll – members of the Pullip family or Blythe, a BJD, Monster High, or whatever. You don’t have to wear something fancy – matching shorts and t-shirts are fine!

There will be an emceed parade of contestants followed by judging. Be prepared to describe your costumes. By entering you give your permission for photos of you and your doll to be posted on the website and submitted to magazines for possible publication.

Please note, an original outfit can only be entered in either the dress-like-your-doll contest or in the original outfit contest (described later), not both. Even if you prefer to enter your doll in the original outfit contest, you are welcome to participate in the parade.

Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, sewing skill, and overall artistry. A matching costume set in which one or both of the costumes are handmade or are original is likely to be judged higher than costumes purchased off the shelf.

Although not required, the costumes can reflect the theme of PUDDLE (rainbows). First prize is a gorgeous rainbow-themed dress by Quamara/Quaint Quintessence.

New this year is a Best in Theme contest. One doll, outfit, photo, drawing, or other showing of creativity involving rainbows will win Best in Theme. The winner may be an entry for one of the other contests or something entirely different (like a diorama for dolls to pose in). The winner of Best in Theme will receive a mint Pullip Kuhn. I will chose the Best in Theme winner; please alert me if you think something should be considered.
My feedback:

(05-31-2014, 01:41 PM)DeLightfulfreak Wrote:
(05-31-2014, 09:23 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Anyone arriving on Thursday? I should be there by late afternoon, so if anyone is around and wants to go someplace for dinner, I'm game.

My friend Jojo and I will be around Thursday smile I'll see if she's up to it.
As long as you don't mind hanging out with an old lady. LOL

This trip is getting expensive for me. I took my car in to the shop to make sure it was ready for the roadtrip, Ca-Ching! I decided I needed some new clothes, Ca-Ching! When my camera died and I replaced it, I never got a bag to tote it around in, Ca-Ching! That's what I get for not planning ahead and spreading these expenditures out in advance. sad