Handmade doll props Update 7/6/2016
oh gosh those are so beautiful * - *
(02-14-2015, 12:54 AM)Sei Wrote: oh gosh those are so beautiful * - *

Aww! Thank you so much for saying so! x3 <3 That's very sweet, and I'm just so glad that you think so! smile
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

[Image: FullSizeRender_zpslel72ou2.jpg]
I found these really cute empty cone bowls in the crafting section at Daiso and I really wanted them so I could make ice cream for my dolls! <3 These are so convenient and make it so much easier to make cute little sundaes, especially if you’re like me and don’t have anything to make a waffle pattern on the clay and are a little too lazy to create the pattern by hand. xD I plan on making a couple of other different flavored ice creams, as the cones come in packs of three! :3

[Image: FullSizeRender%202_zpsrxddcdux.jpg]

I also randomly made this cute little rose out of clay! <3 I’m pretty proud with how it turned out, and I’m thinking of maybe making a little layer cake and placing it on top of that. :3
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

Oh my goodness those ice creams! The rose is also very adorable and I can't wait to see the layer cake grin
(02-20-2015, 06:30 PM)Severity Wrote: Oh my goodness those ice creams! The rose is also very adorable and I can't wait to see the layer cake grin

Thank you so much~! I think I'll be able to start on the other ice creams and the layer cake tomorrow! ^.^

*Sprites made by me*

Neat. Looks like you should be opening an Etsy shop.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(02-22-2015, 03:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Neat. Looks like you should be opening an Etsy shop.

I've been thinking about maybe doing that, but the one thing that makes me not so confident in doing it is that I'm not so sure about my ability to replicate things that I've already made very well. ^^;

*Sprites made by me*

(02-22-2015, 01:15 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote:
(02-22-2015, 03:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Neat. Looks like you should be opening an Etsy shop.

I've been thinking about maybe doing that, but the one thing that makes me not so confident in doing it is that I'm not so sure about my ability to replicate things that I've already made very well. ^^;

You could sell them in random lots, like Pastel Cupcakes #1 and Macaroons (blue and pink set.)

If you do make an etsy, please send me the link? I link from my profile to other Pullip/miniature sellers on etsy, and I could possibly add you. smile
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
(02-22-2015, 01:15 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: I've been thinking about maybe doing that, but the one thing that makes me not so confident in doing it is that I'm not so sure about my ability to replicate things that I've already made very well. ^^;

Well, but you don't have to mass produce. Make a bunch of things, and if they turn out to your satisfaction, put them up for sale. If they don't, try something else. Note that they are limited editions, or that you only make a few of each thing, and then people who like it are informed that they might not get a chance at another. You put up the pix of the actual item, and once it's gone, you list something else. They all look pretty good, and I think people who buy tons of teeny rement would certainly buy them. Would take a little research into typical prices.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(02-22-2015, 01:30 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(02-22-2015, 01:15 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: I've been thinking about maybe doing that, but the one thing that makes me not so confident in doing it is that I'm not so sure about my ability to replicate things that I've already made very well. ^^;

Well, but you don't have to mass produce. Make a bunch of things, and if they turn out to your satisfaction, put them up for sale. If they don't, try something else. Note that they are limited editions, or that you only make a few of each thing, and then people who like it are informed that they might not get a chance at another. You put up the pix of the actual item, and once it's gone, you list something else. They all look pretty good, and I think people who buy tons of teeny rement would certainly buy them. Would take a little research into typical prices.

Yes.

Listing OOAK stuff on etsy is pretty easy- you can put in the listing the quantity you have.

Most (although not all) of the items I've listed on mine are OOAK- like you said, it's tough to identically mass-produce them. Rb_x. (And kawaii little rement-like desserts, unlike historical kimono classic-lit steampunk crochet homages, tend to be things people will actually pay for. ^^; )
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
That is a very valid point, and I do like that idea a lot. smile Thank you so much! It seems like it would be way less stressful for me selling things that way. I think maybe I will start one up, then. :3

Fishy, I'll definitely be sure to link you when I get an etsy shop started. yay And personally.... I think that all the things you listed are really cool and interesting, and definitely much more unique! Kawaii food is so easy to find and lots of people have them for sale, but I can't really say the same for things like historical kimono and steampunk items. Those seem to be a bit harder to find.

*Sprites made by me*

So much detail and realism, it's not easy. I'm still admiring.
(02-23-2015, 05:45 AM)Ilili Wrote: So much detail and realism, it's not easy. I'm still admiring.

Thank you! yay That makes me so happy that you like them that much! :3 I know sometimes I doubt myself and have a terrible habit of comparing my work to that of other people, so reading this made me smile! smile

*Sprites made by me*

Another ice cream cone done!

[Image: fruits%20ice%20cream_zps8pycxqxy.jpg]

I also started needle felting a Mokona doll for my Pullip Yuuko Ichihara custom!

[Image: FullSizeRender%205_zpsxhzxko2z.jpg]

This one is more of a test to see if I could make it, as I had plenty of white wool on hand, but I need to get black wool to make the black Mokona, since that's the one that's with Yuuko most of the time. Still, I do plan on finishing up this little guy! I'm actually surprised with how well he's coming along.

*Sprites made by me*

[Image: IMG_0596_zpscnta10us.jpg]

Added on Mokona's face using black felting wool! :3 I also added some blushing cheeks on him using some pink eye shadow. smile Now I just need to get some red wool for his jewel and some pink wool for the inner parts of his ears and his mouth!

*Sprites made by me*