New blue girl arrives ... with ... issues...
I'm so sorry to hear about that staining, on top of everything else. sad I'm sure you can get her fixed up, though! At least you got some amusing photos from this. I love that shower photo!

My Chill's legs were completely purple when I got her from her black tights. I think it's less of a problem with the material the dolls are made of and more of a problem with companies being too lazy to colorfast materials before they make the clothes out of them. Black dye can stain pretty much anything, after all. I try not to let my dolls wear anything black without colorfasting it first, but it's kind of unavoidable if it's their stock outfit....

I hope you can find a new leg for her soon, in addition to getting rid of her musty smell. Did the spa treatment do any good with that?
Last time I bought some zit cream, they only had the 5%. I bought the generic Target version and it worked fine for me. I usually throw a towel over the rest of the doll to protect them from too much exposure, when I'm sticking them in the sun. I haven't tried this on a T4, so I can't say if it will work or not.

She looks funny in the dish drainer. I get the "What are you doing, now?" from the husband from time to time when he finds various body parts on the dining room table undergoing various repairs.

On the subject of colorfasting: you can run across fabric that no matter what you do to it, it will still run color. Synthetics tend to be worse than woven natural fibers, but it's still not guaranteed to be stable after treatment. I usually lay stuff I've treated on white paper towels to dry. If it's still running color, it will leave some on the paper towel.
If it makes you feel a little better...my werewolf taeyang has stained feet and lower legs from his boots. Misery loves company and all that...
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
The Pullip leg that my sample Monomono came with is a left leg....

Since you've opened her etc. I'd recommend asking for a fair partial refund from PS.

I feel sympathy for both sides - PS does not have any control over the conditions the dolls are in before they get them, and they can't open every doll. And as CornflowerBlue mentioned, in box staining is so common with Groove dolls I hardly even think about it anymore.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
(01-17-2016, 01:33 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: I think it's less of a problem with the material the dolls are made of and more of a problem with companies being too lazy to colorfast materials before they make the clothes out of them.
Hmmm. I wonder if this is an issue with other doll companies...? Since I'm not really familiar with other dolls, I'd never heard of all this staining till I got into Pullips. I wonder if it happens with Barbie, American Girl, Monster High... whatever...? or is it just Groove.

(01-17-2016, 03:21 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I usually lay stuff I've treated on white paper towels to dry. If it's still running color, it will leave some on the paper towel.
Oh dang. I hung it on the dish dryer. Never had to do this before. So I wet everything again, just water this time, and put it on a paper towel. Would it stain under those circumstances if it was still going to run colour? Nothing has happened so far.

(01-17-2016, 10:57 PM)TrueFan Wrote: Since you've opened her etc. I'd recommend asking for a fair partial refund from PS.
I feel sympathy for both sides - PS does not have any control over the conditions the dolls are in before they get them, and they can't open every doll.
Indeed; having your supplier send you moldy stock would be a headache. I imagine it might cause some concern for PS as to how many other moldy items are in their inventory. However, when they admit "we noticed a musty smell on them too", but fail to disclose this in the listing, I think that's also not cool. ...of course telling people that would hurt sales...
Agree, a partial refund would be reasonable, since she is salvageable. And maybe a leg -- ha!

I think the washing has helped a bit... I'd have hung her stuff on the clothesline today for the little bit of sun we got, but I couldn't GET to it for snow, and had to shovel 7" off the porch first, then it was cloudy & maybe more snow tomorrow... bleh. But a little fresh air should help. Sometime.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yes, I think wetting it again would pull some dye out if it's still running color. Sometimes I wrap their legs or whatever I'm trying to protect, in saran wrap or cling wrap if I want to be extra careful.
If you want this Pullip leg (the, er, right one), I'd be happy to mail it to you! There is no joint, just the lower leg.
[Image: 23465730402_1d3a3ff817_z.jpg]
Poor Sample Monomono 2 by TrueFan, on Flickr
My feedback:

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
How kind! Um, this is a noob question, but... is the lower leg supposed to come off the joint? I looked, and while her leg comes out WITH the joint, I could not detach the lower leg. I didn't want to pull too hard and wreck anything else. I think I need a joint...?
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The joint should come out of both top and bottom. Like before, you can use a hair dryer to warm up the plastic and try to carefully pull it out. I do it just for a short bit and try it and then repeat if it didn't want to budge.
(01-18-2016, 01:55 PM)Alliecat Wrote: How kind! Um, this is a noob question, but... is the lower leg supposed to come off the joint? I looked, and while her leg comes out WITH the joint, I could not detach the lower leg. I didn't want to pull too hard and wreck anything else. I think I need a joint...?
Ha, I had the same question. I just realized you are looking for a type 4 leg; I was assuming all the J dolls were on type 3 bodies. I think this is a type 3 leg. Although I'm not sure.
My feedback:

(01-18-2016, 10:27 PM)TrueFan Wrote: Ha, I had the same question. I just realized you are looking for a type 4 leg; I was assuming all the J dolls were on type 3 bodies. I think this is a type 3 leg. Although I'm not sure.
Ah, that would make sense. I think you are right. They are on type 4 after 2009.

Well, after sitting in the dish drainer with nothing on for a couple of days, poor Andi must have wondered if she was ever going to get some clothes. She seems to have passed quarantine. I don't want to hang her pleather-y clothing bits (cracks in that, too) on the clothesline below zero, so I haven't put anything outside yet, but I think the smell is gone.
In the meantime, although communication has been very s-l-o-w... it looks like PS might prefer to actually send another doll, as in, a different one, rather than a refund, to make up for it. He suggested this, so it looks like PTFCo will be getting another addition. I don't know where I'm gonna put them all; 6 minis came out of the cabinet to be Christmas decor... 11 will have to go back in. And 5 J's will become 7.

Anywho, she got a party dress to make up for her rough arrival, so for a proper introduction, here is Andreya. smile

[Image: 24255815710_4ec0027294_o.jpg]

[Image: 24183579789_7258dcf421_o.jpg]

[Image: 23924560583_d080e9d657_o.jpg]
The Christmas decorations will get put away when I get done taking pictures with them! LOL
I know her arrival has been stressful, but she looks beautiful. I love the one of her with the swan. You can almost hear a story coming to life when you look at that photo.

(01-23-2016, 02:25 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I don't want to hang her pleather-y clothing bits (cracks in that, too)

FWIW, I recently put an older Luts outfit which I had purchased new from the company and never removed from it's packaging on my DES and the pleather (vinyl?) immediately stretched and wrinkled. I'm sure the next step will be to tear. Cry An experienced seamstress at the doll meet told me it's the nature of the material, which is crappy news, but I thought it might help to know that it's depressingly normal.
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
(01-24-2016, 05:02 AM)Marilyn Wrote: An experienced seamstress at the doll meet told me it's the nature of the material, which is crappy news, but I thought it might help to know that it's depressingly normal.

I got a pair of pants for the girls and left it on the doll with he knees bend for a few weeks and the pants were ruined exactly this way. Now I keep them flat sad

Blue girl looks great! It is like no amount of blue is too much for her smile I love the Swan photo as well. Happy
(01-23-2016, 02:25 PM)Alliecat Wrote: .............In the meantime, although communication has been very s-l-o-w... it looks like PS might prefer to actually send another doll, as in, a different one, rather than a refund, to make up for it. He suggested this, so it looks like PTFCo will be getting another addition. I don't know where I'm gonna put them all; 6 minis came out of the cabinet to be Christmas decor... 11 will have to go back in. And 5 J's will become 7.........

Well at least they are doing something......congratulations on getting another new doll!
She looks happy to be out of isolation in the dish drainer and redressed.