Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event - June 10, 2017
(06-12-2017, 11:44 PM)TrueFan Wrote: Alliecat: I'm glad too that you stayed up late to make headbands with us!
Me too smile I knew I was going to be wrecked but it was totally worth it. Petra's wearing the silver & gold one with the Mota outfit I bought, and it's so cute! (Was going to take a pic but by the time I got done with wardrobe the light had crapped out.)
....Aaaaannd, I found some of that fabulous orange tea at Walmart on the way home. YAY yay

(06-13-2017, 04:13 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: I was so much in the clouds I didn't realize I had a curtain that can close , forgot to pay for my lunch and when reminded forgot my credit card at the restaurant. ....
Hahaha. I did stupid things too like forgetting what time I had to be in line for my boat reservation, and when I went into the Sub Shop next door to get something to take along for lunch, I was in a hurry for the airport shuttle, the guy said "We're not open on weekends" to make subs, and I said "???? this is Monday?"... DUH Dead Holy cow, I was just absent; talk about jetlag. They had pre-made ones in the cooler so it was OK, but then he said, "Are you sure you're leaving today?" Funny guy.
I don't know about love but fatigue sure makes me stupid XD
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I feel the fatigue thing! We stopped for lunch with my parents on the way home Sunday and I couldn't hardly read the menu because there were so many words I just couldn't focus. We tag teamed driving though so we made it okay.

So I'm still a newbie with my DSLR and it turns out only about 20% of my photos were in focus, but here's what I was able to get!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2oRyb1
Lack of sleep: On my way to the turnpike I was following the signs on rte 83 to get on 290 and ended up back on 83. Oops! I had to backtrack to get on where I was supposed to. Then, after creeping for the better part of 2 1/2 hours of construction traffic I stopped for gas and this happened:
[Image: 35236050916_e985451373_z.jpg]
It couldn't have broken into 2 pieces on any of the many times I've gotten gas around my home during the 9 years I've had this car.

I've got lots of photos that I have yet to begin to sort through.
Alliecat I am glad you made it back home your trip was more complicated than mine smile I feel like I spent a week there, it was so concentrated with people and events. Now I can't adapt to my life smile
I am sorry for your gas tank opening. Maybe it was corroded somehow? Hope you can get it fixed without costing too much. Thank you so much for brining the new obitsu body! It was very helpful to see it in person.
I miss you all already sad
It took us 12 hours to get back home but we made several stops and took our time. Did a bit of shopping in Kalamazoo and stopped into my first Tuesday Morning and then Barnes & Noble. Found a nice little suitcase for my dolly things. Thanks Offgenemi for the idea. LOL
Took 3 minutes to get through customs. The weather was great and before we entered Canada we had dinner at a Cracker Barrel restaurant and took some pictures of our dolls on the rocking chairs they have displayed outside. Shopped for some goodies in the store too. Happy
It was a pleasure to meet so many of you and everyone was so nice and welcoming for our first time PUDDLE. Special thanks to Jane and her crew! Happy

(06-13-2017, 02:07 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Lack of sleep: On my way to the turnpike I was following the signs on rte 83 to get on 290 and ended up back on 83. Oops! I had to backtrack to get on where I was supposed to. Then, after creeping for the better part of 2 1/2 hours of construction traffic I stopped for gas and this happened:
It couldn't have broken into 2 pieces on any of the many times I've gotten gas around my home during the 9 years I've had this car.
I've got lots of photos that I have yet to begin to sort through.
Oh that's too bad! Just a bit of bad luck and the construction traffic is a bummer but it seems to be everywhere right?

(06-13-2017, 11:57 PM)Offgenemi Wrote: I feel like I spent a week there, it was so concentrated with people and events. Now I can't adapt to my life smile
I miss you all already sad
That's how I felt too! So much to do and so many people to meet that it felt like a very long weekend but that's a good thing. It was jam-packed with lots of fun activities. Happy

(06-12-2017, 01:09 PM)Alliecat Wrote: The PrettyTiny Film Company crew made it home after 13.5 hours of planes, trains boats & automobiles. It was great to meet all you lovely dolly people (and dolls) in person yay I have an awful lot of pictures to sort out. I wish PUDDLE was a longer event! (Jane goes "nooooooo" LOL ) Thanks to everybody who did all the work to make it so fun Heart

... Of course I woke up too early again this morning so I've been awake for 18 hours Dead
Hope all you guys have made it home safely too.
Glad to hear you and your gang are home safely. That was quite the trek. Happy
I too wish PUDDLE was a longer event. Tongue
We could always stay longer next time we attend right? Happy
Amelia (Ddalgi) Chelsea (Bloody Red Hood) Willow (Dahlia Cinderella) Cassidy (Neo Noir) Poppy (Kaela)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skylarkdolls/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/purplemaclove/albums
Next time my husband wants to come and he wants to come a day earlier and leave a day later smile so that would work for me!
(06-14-2017, 04:58 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: Next time my husband wants to come and he wants to come a day earlier and leave a day later smile so that would work for me!

That would be great. Just asked and my husband would like to come as well. Happy
Amelia (Ddalgi) Chelsea (Bloody Red Hood) Willow (Dahlia Cinderella) Cassidy (Neo Noir) Poppy (Kaela)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skylarkdolls/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/purplemaclove/albums
I plan on coming next year and getting a room. Usually show up a day early for most cons, so well see how things go.
I'd love to spend Sunday with some new friends! Thursday and Friday I'm a crazy person working on PUDDLE.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
I had an amazing time and I can't wait for next year. This was my first time and now I definitely want to make this a yearly thing. I don't go on vacations, so this will be my yearly vacation. I already have customs planned out for next year's theme. I also hope I can get a vendor table next year. Or at least get half of one if that's possible. I love creating things for them and it would be nice to be able to sell some of my creations there.
(06-14-2017, 09:30 AM)ShortyBoo Wrote: I had an amazing time and I can't wait for next year. This was my first time and now I definitely want to make this a yearly thing. I don't go on vacations, so this will be my yearly vacation. I already have customs planned out for next year's theme. I also hope I can get a vendor table next year. Or at least get half of one if that's possible. I love creating things for them and it would be nice to be able to sell some of my creations there.

I totally didn't even realize you were there, and now I'm realizing; were you the one I bought the custom doll from? As soon as I saw that you posted here I realized she reminded me of the mocha MIO's you'd done and then I saw you just commented on my Flickr photo of her but I wanted to make sure! I knew she reminded me of dolls I'd seen before, I just hadn't placed who! smile
Must... make it... next... year...........
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
Yes, you "next year" folks -- you must go! It's fun!! ShortyBoo, I didn't know you were there either. Would like to have met the person who made that adorable outfit smile
If I can make it another year, I'd like to spend more time too -- after watching a really interesting PBS program on Chicago architecture on Thursday night (instead of going to bed) I'd like to have seen some of it. A Sunday photo expedition would be awesome too.

I'm happy to have got this outfit from Asashi's bargain box, and knew the door-prize headband would be a good photo prop smile

[Image: 35256611186_2ebf84edda_b.jpg]
"Illinois seems like a dream to me now;
It took me four days to fly down from Canada
and I've gone to look for Amerrrr-i-caaaa...."

Um, Dawn... that's not quite how it goes, sweetie...

I don't care. It's my version.

And I think you need a different sort of guitar for that song.

Well it's not my fault you keep dropping out of those eBay auctions.

XD
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(06-14-2017, 10:47 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 09:30 AM)ShortyBoo Wrote: I had an amazing time and I can't wait for next year. This was my first time and now I definitely want to make this a yearly thing. I don't go on vacations, so this will be my yearly vacation. I already have customs planned out for next year's theme. I also hope I can get a vendor table next year. Or at least get half of one if that's possible. I love creating things for them and it would be nice to be able to sell some of my creations there.

I totally didn't even realize you were there, and now I'm realizing; were you the one I bought the custom doll from? As soon as I saw that you posted here I realized she reminded me of the mocha MIO's you'd done and then I saw you just commented on my Flickr photo of her but I wanted to make sure! I knew she reminded me of dolls I'd seen before, I just hadn't placed who! smile

Yep. I figured it out from that Flickr photo you posted that I commented on. I was so excited to have sold my first custom Pullip that I didn't think to ask your name. I think we actually weren't sitting too far from each other, either. I was at table 17, with the other MH Arena members that were there. I don't even collect MH or EAH anymore, but I still spend a lot of time there on the Other Dolls section.
(06-14-2017, 05:08 PM)ShortyBoo Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 10:47 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote:

Yep. I figured it out from that Flickr photo you posted that I commented on. I was so excited to have sold my first custom Pullip that I didn't think to ask your name. I think we actually weren't sitting too far from each other, either. I was at table 17, with the other MH Arena members that were there. I don't even collect MH or EAH anymore, but I still spend a lot of time there on the Other Dolls section.

I think I was the same: so excited I forgot to ask who you were! Well, I'm super glad to find out she comes from someone I know on the forums! Like I said, I knew she reminded me of someone's work, I just didn't realize it was yours! I haven't been on the MH Arena in ages; I kinda stopped collecting MH/EAH too and ended up drifting here.