Dollhouses - Show them off here
(04-14-2017, 10:09 AM)redrenard Wrote: I just bought some backdrops off of ebay. Which were not too expensive plus I got one free cause the seller made the wrong one
I've seen some really neat backdrops in some people's photos but never went shopping for any myself.
I tried sticking a calendar page in behind my J-dolls in their cabinet, but they're a bit too crammed-in and it doesn't show. But anyway, if you had a very large calendar, you could use a page from it for an outdoor backdrop.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Hello everyone;; I've very new here but I love doll houses and now that i'm suddenly working on 1/6 scale with Pullip and family I decided to join forum! I love this thread so far, going back and seeing everyone's inspiration!

I'm currently working on a doll case for Isul Yagen Toushirou. The look of it is based on a scene in anime that shows his room, but I've collected several pieces to change the look every so often because what's the point if you can't play? ^^ the original case I bought used from a local seller who wanted to get rid of a very old/damaged Geisha doll.. and the glass case was much more valuable to me than the doll! though I did steal the umbrella and hair comb from the doll. sorry "mom")

[Image: DGsRLdkV0AAdlhy.jpg]

The case was a bit too tall for him, so I decided to add a platform under his feet, which now also doubles as storage space!

[Image: DGxDp4UWAAAlLIX.jpg]
[Image: DG60aOqUMAAECPs.jpg]

I have a varied mix of minatures since I mostly worked in 1/12 scale, but am slowly matching and making hand made items custom sized for him, including the futon and tatami flooring! I created the tatami mat from and old seat-cushion. I've made several for nendo sized boxes, but this one needed custom sizing.

[Image: DG2qOP8U0AAG9gQ.jpg]
[Image: DG6zhY3UQAArblq.jpg]

He is quite an angel when asleep!

[Image: DG7jYZhVoAA4xVt.jpg]

I've been playing around with some wooden kit pieces while waiting for other kits to arrive in the mail ^^
[Image: DHDgtsIUAAADY40.jpg]
[Image: DHDgtsKVoAAaCd6.jpg]

A bit about Yagen and his room. Yagen Toushirou is legendary "tantou" (dagger) known in Japanese history and samurai Lore. The story goes that his owner had lost in battle and was trying to commit seppuku using him, but the blade would not pierce the samurai's skin. In frustration, his master threw him across the room and he pierced straight through a Yagen (A stone/iron mortar used to crush herbs and make medicine). Since then, he was known for being a sword blade so loyal that he would never harm his master. He was owned by the great Oda Nobunaga, and there is saying that he was one of Nobunaga's treasured swords and always made Nobunaga feel confident. It is said that he perished in the fire at Honnoji temple with Nobunaga after the betrayal by one of Nobunaga's generals.

He has become popular since he is a a character in the game Touken Ranbu (about swords come to life as handsome men) and a main character in the new anime Katsugeki Touken Ranbu. As a character, he is small in stature and has a child-like appearance, but he is a veteran fighter. Also due to his past, he is a sort of "doctor-like" character, and his room is revealed to be full of herb mortars, drying herbs, and canister along with several books. I'm currently trying to capture that feeling of a traditional Japanese room complete with tatami mats, shoji door/window, and minimal clutter but also a personal room that doubles for his medicine study and creation. There will be a lot of tiny accessories to this effect soon!
That's pretty neat. The case is cool and I think turning it into a room box is a great idea. That's a lot of work. I like miniature kits but everything's pre-cut... I don't think I'd have the patience (or skill) to hand make everything.
I like the kitty on the pillow smile and the silver flowerpot(?) and the little Danbo made me smile.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
You've done a fabulous job, I love the feel and aesthetic of the space you've created. You did a great job showing his character with your choice of props, and the way you turned the case into a display for him is genius!
Have
Tatianna (Uncanricky), Kittie (Naomi), Omega/Mini-Me (Grell), Alys (Yeolume), Priscilla (Eris), Grell (Male Grell), Nanachan (Nanachan), Sebastianne (Stica), Natalie (Natalie), Sylvie Valentine (Premium Pullip Veritas Crimson Version), Strawberry Rose (Siry), Karen (Karen), Marie (Marie), Angela (Cheshire Cat Steampunk), Alice (Optical Alice), Noir (Regen Noir), Jeanne (Jeanne)
Want
Pullip Alura, Pullip Elizabeth Always on the hunt for Re-Ment
Wonderful! I love the little kaidan-dansu! Thirst things are so pretty. smile
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
He looks very peaceful I love the whole set up. You collector adorable pieces for him
(08-15-2017, 07:51 AM)Alliecat Wrote: That's pretty neat. The case is cool and I think turning it into a room box is a great idea. That's a lot of work. I like miniature kits but everything's pre-cut... I don't think I'd have the patience (or skill) to hand make everything.
I like the kitty on the pillow smile and the silver flowerpot(?) and the little Danbo made me smile.

Thank you for your comment, Alliecat! I also prefer kits, but so many kits are Victorian based style furniture.. I love it for many dolls it is flattering, but that is not the style I need for this particular doll so.. have to hand make out of necessity.... The cat is just a little keychain charm and the silver flowerpot is actually a laser-cut puzzle!! I used to have to sell these at toy conventions and I really loved how elegant they look. They are various scales but you can find them in many educational toy sections or book stores (or amazon) this potted plant is actually a miniature tree: http://www.fascinations.com/metalearth/m...-palm-tree grin

(08-15-2017, 08:30 AM)kitten-squid Wrote: You've done a fabulous job, I love the feel and aesthetic of the space you've created. You did a great job showing his character with your choice of props, and the way you turned the case into a display for him is genius!
Thank you Kitten-squid for your kind comment! I like to work backwards from having a space or box to use~ but now the trick is keep it from getting cluttered haha.

(08-15-2017, 08:51 AM)fishy Wrote: Wonderful! I love the little kaidan-dansu! Thirst things are so pretty. smile

Fishy, thank you for the comment! The Kaidan-dansu and the little lanterns are from a wood kit in Japan call "Can Do Wood Craft" (http://www.cando-web.co.jp/blog/wood/), unfortunately it looks like the line was short lived... I tried to glue first and stain after, but the wood glue I used, despite saying it can be stained on the label.. doesn't take the color well.. so I'm in trouble or going to see how much sanding and re-painting I can do.. Either way, it's a cute little addition! I'm glad it's not too small, as most of these wood kits are around 1/14 scale.

[Image: DHKPqmnUIAAy4fH.jpg]

(08-15-2017, 09:18 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: He looks very peaceful I love the whole set up. You collector adorable pieces for him

Thank you very much for your comment, Offgenemi! I'm trying to fit his mood based on his room shown here ... even though I'm basing off a pre-set image, I want to have some fun things in there too haha. Pets and special pillows or books haha.
Awesome job! I love all the little details.
(08-15-2017, 11:59 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Awesome job! I love all the little details.

Thank you for the kind comment! I'm slowly adding more and more. So many items it' starting to be a challenge stuffing them underneath his floor haha.

Update:

I've finished the wood pieces made from scratch and now just waiting on main pieces I ordered from overseas! It's fun playing with re-decorating or resetting his room every one in a while.

[Image: DHU5BO9XsAAZF-S.jpg]
a more modest set up with Ms. Calico

[Image: DHU5BO1XcAYPJwZ.jpg]

and I started finishing off his walls and added some anatomy posters from an old medical magazine for him to study!

[Image: DIYDb0jVoAUIso8.jpg]

it's so much stress relief just playing with him and re-arranging little things...
It's all coming together quite nicely!
Looks great!
You've put a lot of work into putting it all together. Happy
Amelia (Ddalgi) Chelsea (Bloody Red Hood) Willow (Dahlia Cinderella) Cassidy (Neo Noir) Poppy (Kaela)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skylarkdolls/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/purplemaclove/albums
This little boy is very lucky to have a dolly mommy like you. I love how this room develops. This hobby helps releasing stress that for sure!!!
Will you get him a friend to share his room?
So many great little details. Nice job smile
Love the little laser-cut thingies!
(04-14-2017, 02:17 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 10:09 AM)redrenard Wrote: I just bought some backdrops off of ebay. Which were not too expensive plus I got one free cause the seller made the wrong one
I've seen some really neat backdrops in some people's photos but never went shopping for any myself.
I tried sticking a calendar page in behind my J-dolls in their cabinet, but they're a bit too crammed-in and it doesn't show. But anyway, if you had a very large calendar, you could use a page from it for an outdoor backdrop.

You can just buy fat quarters of material with various textures on the back and use them as back drops/floor as well.