My Girls, early/mid-2000's
Embarrassing indeed, by my current standards, but this was the state of my Anime doll collection, over fifteen years ago;

[Image: Ayeka%20Wedding%20earlymid-2000s.png]

[Image: Johns%20Harem%20early-2000s%202.png]

[Image: Johns%20Harem%20early-2000s%201.png]
[Image: A_Night_at_Konomi_19-10-23_FULLSIZE.png?...fit=bounds]
Not embarrassing at all, and a fun glimpse into the origins of your collection.

The little sailor girl, second from the left in the bottom photo, is especially cute!

There was a time when photos like this would be envy-inducing, eliciting much praise and excitement. The toy photography hobby has come a long way in the last decade or decade and a half... and I certainly haven't been able to keep up with it, either with my photo skills or being able to upgrade to the more expensive, highly detailed figures.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(05-07-2018, 04:39 PM)davidd Wrote: The little sailor girl, second from the left in the bottom photo, is especially cute!

those were among my very first Anime dolls, a pair of the old late-90's/early-2000's BANDAI/TRENDMASTERS "CARDCAPTORS" Sakura Kinomoto bendy bodies;

[Image: Cardcaptor%20Sakura%20BANDAI%20Doll%201998.png]

i sort of "stepped up" from those to a much larger scaled, custom doll in the late-2000's,
based around the head of an HK market version of the BANDAI (Bootleg?)
mated to the first version of the 2008 revised 24cm OBITSU BODY. the results were rather mixed;

[Image: CCSColle-Johns6-20-124.jpg]

finally, last year, moved to this custom; a seamlessly perfect marriage of the recent TAKARA "Liccarize" Sakura doll's head,
with the brand new, virtually perfect second revision of the 24cm. OBITSU doll body,
with her original costuming heavily modified to fit her new body properly.

i figure that this is likely to be the finest Sakura Kinomoto doll i'll ever have occasion to own;

[Image: Liccarize%20Sakura%20Kinomoto%204-7-18%201.png]
I have one of the old Cardcaptor Sakuras. She came dressed in a black catsuit. Unfortunately, her hair became extremely brittle and fell out.
seems to be an increasingly common problem with those old BANDAI/TRENDMASTERS dolls.

guess they must actually be SONY products, as they seem to be self-destructing, just in time for their owners to upgrade to the Liccarize.

the age of "Planned Obsolescence" has gone farther, and reaches broader than i ever thought it might...
It makes me wonder what kind of hair they used or did they heat treat it in some way that caused it to become so brittle.