davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
[Image: may21.jpg]
21 May – Revoltech Fräulein Series no. 002 Tohsaka Rin
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Action Man looks actiony & this dude (no idea about anime?) is a beautiful atmospheric photo.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
WHERE ARE HER TWINTAILS?!?!
Kidding. Nice photo!
(05-22-2018, 07:11 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: WHERE ARE HER TWINTAILS?!?!

LOL How's this?

[Image: may22.jpg]
22 May: Kaiyodo Revoltech Fräulein Series No. 2 Tohsaka Rin
(Is this "goth" enough for World Goth Day?)

No idea who this is but I wouldn't mind hiring her (and maybe Action Man as well) for a job or two.
Nice photos.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-23-2018, 11:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: No idea who this is ....

I don't know anything about the character either, but she was the least expensive Revoltech figure available back when I found myself intrigued by Revoltech.
yay
Aaah, twintails are safe. Tohsaka Rin is one of main characters in Type-Moon's famous Fate/Stay Night series, including visual novels, eroge and anime series.
Wiki link.
[Image: may23.jpg]
23 May – New Bratz Study Abroad Sasha – Shoes
Yup, that's all I have today

The composition! The contrast between colors and also light and shadow! The raw social theme! This piece is a work of true genius!

But seriously, the composition, colors ane lighting are excellent, and if you ask me, dolly shoes are perfectly worthy of being the sole subject of an artistic depiction.
(05-24-2018, 07:01 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The composition! The contrast between colors and also light and shadow! The raw social theme! This piece is a work of true genius!

... and if you ask me, dolly shoes are perfectly worthy of being the sole subject of an artistic depiction.

Haaaa ha ha ha ha! LOL LOL LOL You're on a roll with this, aren't you?

But... uhmmm... yeah... yeah... artistic depictiion... that's exactly what I was going for!
yay
(05-25-2018, 01:50 AM)davidd Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 07:01 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The composition! The contrast between colors and also light and shadow! The raw social theme! This piece is a work of true genius!

... and if you ask me, dolly shoes are perfectly worthy of being the sole subject of an artistic depiction.

Haaaa ha ha ha ha! LOL LOL LOL You're on a roll with this, aren't you?

But... uhmmm... yeah... yeah... artistic depictiion... that's exactly what I was going for!
yay

I have to admit that this one was partially accidental. I knew the sound was the same for 'only' and 'part of shoe', but I wasn't sure about spelling. I checked it in translator, and when I found that spelling is also the same, I just had to do it xd
sad smile

Neon beat me to the funny comment about the shoes. I particularly liked the accidental pun smile

And I really like the contrast between the dark background and the bright orange of the boots. It makes me think of modern art sculptures for some reason.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Ah, the dichotomy of light and shade and the transient placement of the shoes, an ephemeral moment captured to represent the phases of our journey through the light and darkness of life, a glimpse of our brief sojourn in the light between the darknesses... indeed a work of fundamentally perceptive genius... XD
...hey, I just wanted to play too Tongue
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-24-2018, 07:01 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The composition! The contrast between colors and also light and shadow! The raw .... if you ask me, dolly shoes are perfectly worthy of being the sole subject of an artistic depiction.

(05-25-2018, 07:45 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: And I really like the contrast between the dark background and the bright orange of the boots. It makes me think of modern art sculptures for some reason.

(05-25-2018, 01:08 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Ah, the dichotomy of light and shade and the transient placement of the shoes, an ephemeral moment captured to represent the phases of our journey through the light and darkness of life, a glimpse of our brief sojourn in the light between the darknesses... indeed a work of fundamentally perceptive genius... XD
...hey, I just wanted to play too Tongue

LOL LOL LOL

You guys are a riot!

Not to gloat or anything... well, okay, it's totally gloating... you will find my name listed in the acknowledgements of the Kindle ebook, Techniques for Making Doll Shoes by Tarja Simpanen.
yay

Not that I know anything about doll shoes; but I know a little bit about grammar and punctuation and stuff, and a little bit less about formatting for Kindle ebooks, so I had the opportunity to provide "editorial assistance."
Tongue

[Image: may24.jpg]
24 May – Bratz "Genie Magic" Fortune Teller
I love Genie Magic line! Do you have more?