Show your new Doll!
(09-08-2018, 06:31 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: She could be part of the freak circus attraction as the world's tiniest woman! yay
I know I've seen Alliecat's minis before but I swear R looks even smaller! LOL
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

I recently acquired a Pullip Akemi, and she is 10 million times more pretty in person than I even thought she would be! She is just so cheerful I was excitedly squealing every time I walked past her. LOL
[Image: 43637034555_8c64ab41d0_z.jpg]

[Image: 44496875212_8d427f300c.jpg]

I posted a little more of her in the photo area here: Akemi's Arrival!
Seems weird that when she first came out, I wrote her off as a no, not gonna get that one. Tongue
<3

Congrats on new girl! I love her blue-pink heterochromia!
If I ever get a "modern day" Pullip, Akemi would certainly be among my first choices. Heart
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Thanks, Neon_Jellyfish! I love it, too. Rewigging her is not happening in my house! Happy

Kanrabat, Akemi's actually older than your Aira! She's been out nearly five years now, according to PullipStyle. She's lovely, and her outfit is, too!
<3

Akemi will have to wait for a month or four. My dolly budjet is taped out. Plus some preorders are due soon and there's the dreadful hollyday season that will come sooner than we think. Fingers crossed for next year!
(09-09-2018, 06:24 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: Akemi will have to wait for a month or four. My dolly budjet is taped out. Plus some preorders are due soon and there's the dreadful hollyday season that will come sooner than we think. Fingers crossed for next year!

Past Kanrabat, who were you kidding? Dead

If you wonder why I'm now into collecting Pullip dolls, it's thanks to this beauty below:

[Image: XookpXA.jpg]

That's Suiseiseki from Rosen Maiden. I saw her last July at Comiccon Montreal. A seller asked 300$CAN for her. I sighed but that doll was still on my mind. After beginning my collection, there was finally a sale at Pullip Style and I snatched their last one! Still expensive at nearly 160$CAN shipped, but WAY better than the Comiccon or Ebay.

[Image: AbdmYXg.jpg]

She's magnificent! True, her shoes have a tendency to fall off and her wig is a bit frizzy, but I deal with it because I already knew from the video reviews. Her style, charisma, and her desu-DESUness greatly make up for her tiny faults.

[Image: BnFAlFV.jpg]

Suiseiseki is a rascal so of course she made friend with Megatron! LOL

I don't plan on getting any other Rosen Maiden girls. So she'll go well with the classic styles like Alice and Charlotte. I'm pretty glad to finally have "Patient Zero"!

[Image: vYUFZQ3.jpg]
(09-19-2018, 11:13 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: I'm pretty glad to finally have "Patient Zero"!

LOL LOL LOL So the first Pullip you wanted was not the first Pullip you acquired! You had to work your way up to her, huh? Funny how the co$t of the first one seems intimidating, so you wait and wait for a super sale price. Then you're willing to pay just a little bit more for the next one. It doesn't take long before you're paying a lot more for a Pullip than you ever intended to pay for any doll, but you're willing to pay the price because "compared to what other sellers are asking it was a good deal."

Not that I speak from experience or anything.... slash

That Frightfully Tall Clawdeen might find her way to eBay after all, to support your new habit!
yay

The Rosen Maiden Suiseiseki is fab. I see that she didn't remain in her box very long. There goes the resale value!
LOL LOL LOL
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oh, one thing for sure, ALL my Pullips will be unboxed and ALL those boxes will find their way to the recycling bin. Only thing I keep are the cards and extra accessories, neatly stored into ziplocks. (Also, Clawdeen is a sacred gift so she'll never be sold) My Pullips are to be fully enjoyed and as I shown in the other thread, they look sad and horrible in box.

The reasoning I had for not buying the doll that sparked my interest is that I didn't want to get licenced character in fear of some possible OCD completist impulse. Pluss Suiseiseki was the most expensive of them all. And finally, old one or new one? There was too many indecisiveness factors. That's why I initially skipped for the others. However, I found the "hidden" Facebook sale and all my instincts told me that it will be the best possible deal ever NOW. So I pounced. Did good because it was the last one. Now the next best is Groove. If anyone want a green demon at a relatively reasonable price, now is pretty much the last real chances.

It's true that I'm a bit "tsundere" toward dolls. Too often I say "no I won't get her", and in the end, I do! LOL
(09-19-2018, 02:35 PM)Kanrabat Wrote: Oh, one thing for sure, ALL my Pullips will be unboxed and ALL those boxes will find their way to the recycling bin. Only thing I keep are the cards and extra accessories....

I keep the plastic windows out of the boxes to use in diorama and room box projects. Or maybe it has more to do with not-entirely-latent hoarding tendencies.
yay
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(09-19-2018, 03:16 PM)davidd Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 02:35 PM)Kanrabat Wrote: Oh, one thing for sure, ALL my Pullips will be unboxed and ALL those boxes will find their way to the recycling bin. Only thing I keep are the cards and extra accessories....

I keep the plastic windows out of the boxes to use in diorama and room box projects. Or maybe it has more to do with not-entirely-latent hoarding tendencies.
yay

Nah, that’s totally clever and I might steal that idea!
Got my Pullip Style order!
[Image: c4T5sRS.jpg]
Another Dal MIO kit. Especially for the head. As for the spare body, what can I do with it? Because finding a mocha head (any kind) will not me easy.
As for my first Byul, Rhiannon, I'll talk about it more HERE:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7261912
Rhiannon gave me some... troubles... That's why I had to create a thread specifically for her.

As for that MYSTERY BOX, find out about it HERE:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7261911
Sebastian came in quicker than I thought. Appart the stand and card, this Groove Sample is really is 100% complete! Even the eye stickers. I wont be using those and I won't using the gloves either. Those gloves look like oven mitts and are ridiculous looking. Sebastian can balance on his own with minimum work thanks to his large feet.

[Image: kcEBiqA.jpg]

While I'm waiting for the doll stand, Sebastian can lean in that corner, supervising his freak circus of deadly assassin girls!
Only thing I'd like to add to Sebastian is a beard. Something easily removable like an accessory of course. Black fake fur would be perfect. I wonder if some Etsy shop could make me one?

[Image: 7uFte5a.jpg]
He is a great addition to this group! I have the same doll but I didn’t unbox him yet. He has an unusual skin tone , doesn’t he ?
(09-26-2018, 11:54 PM)Offgenemi Wrote: He is a great addition to this group! I have the same doll but I didn’t unbox him yet. He has an unusual skin tone , doesn’t he ?

He's quitte pale indeed. To make him perfect for the Ringmaster character, he'll need a nice fake fur beard with a long moustache that I coule style with elegant points upward.

Be warned that you should give him socks if you unbox him. Because the shoes stained his feet.