davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
(09-23-2018, 02:33 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Especially if they are it's actual catch phrases...

Yes, those are two of the actual phrases it says. I've never seen a toy that actually made veiled... or not so veiled... death threats before.

It's pretty funny, really. The first part of the phrase is in a cute "teddy bear" type voice. Then it changes to a deep, demonic voice for the punch line.

The eyebrows move, too, so at first it looks like a cute li'l white bear. Then the eyebrows move and the eyes light up red as the "cute voice" changes to "demon voice."
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I like the idea of evil halloween-themed toy, but he's still too cute... Maybe that's because he actually is cute cuddly bear, only now he is possesed by something ominous...
[Image: sept23.jpg]
23 September – Pullip Laura – "Seems like very mysterious Circus style girl"

"Roll up, Roll up!! Step into my dark world
And prepare to be amazed by my Gothic Circus.
Come with me... but be warned, you may never want to leave....
Feel Like So."

Laura is challenging to photograph well. "We, GROOVE, made new mold for eye chips which can more cross Glass Eyes look like." The advertising is accurate: her eyes tend to look both crossed and glassy! LOL LOL LOL

But if you can work past the eye wonk, she effectively conveys a mysterious Something Wicked This Way Comes aura.
Everything about this picture is perfect!
She fits beautifully in to that set, and looks just stunning.

(I must be seriously face-blind with dolls - I'm not with humans at all - as I can never see what others can with wonkiness. I haven't had any problem with photographing Laura, but in certain outfits / colours Aquel looks like she's got a thousand-yard stare)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
That is a seriously strange bear o.O
Cool setting with Laura. Your Groove "advertising" line made me LOL.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(09-24-2018, 07:21 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: She fits beautifully in to that set, and looks just stunning.

(I must be seriously face-blind with dolls... as I can never see what others can with wonkiness. I haven't had any problem with photographing Laura, but in certain outfits / colours Aquel looks like she's got a thousand-yard stare)

In most of my photo attempts with Laura so far, the eyes, or usually one eye, have looked so vacant and creepy that they remind me of Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart": "He had the eye of a vulture --a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold." I have this same problem with Pullip Lala.

With most painted-eye "playline" dolls, I usually can't see the "eye wonk" that is of such concern to some collectors.

(09-24-2018, 10:29 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Your Groove "advertising" line made me LOL.

The quote is straight from the PullipStyle web site, which I presume is the official Groove sales pitch.
yay
[Image: sept24.jpg]
24 September – Amelia x 3

Amelia No. 3 arrived today all the way from England. She's looking a bit glazed over or out of sorts. Perhaps it's the time zone shift.

She arrived complete and intact even though she was shipped internationally in only her Pullip box, wrapped in plastic. No outer carton, just her flimsy cardboard Pullip box.
Wow! I’m impressed she’s arrived in one piece. And no wonder she’s a bit dazed from travelling like that
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
What an adorable army! Glad that Amelia III arrived without sustaining any damage. I guess that flight over Atlantic isn't that big of a deal, considering her occupation.
[Image: sept25.jpg]
25 September – "Honolulu Baby! Where'd you get those eyes?"

This little sun-faded dashboard hula doll is the most "famous" of all my dollies. She featured as the cover model for a book... a real book from a real publisher... several years ago:

This Is Paradise: Stories by Kristiana Kahakauwila
Her smile has a bit of "all the better to eat you with" feeling, but I guess one has to be a bit ferocious to succeed in the harsh world of professional modelling... yay
[Image: sept26.jpg]
26 September – Monster High = Awesome
(Or... it did... back in '10 to '12.)

Nice lighting again.
Hula girl looks a little bewildered... "where am I...??" LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
So chic and classy! I absolutely love this photo. It's my favorite staircase, one of my favorite Frankies, and the dramatic lighting makes it look like a screenshot from some fabulous film noir that someone needs to make for real STAT!!! Seriously, I'm drooling!