Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(02-19-2019, 04:16 AM)davidd Wrote: Mini-Matilda has the pose down!

A musical adaptation? Would that be... Waltzing Matilda? LOL

Lol, not exactly. It sounds how Dahl writes. That's a good thing.

(02-19-2019, 04:52 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Such a tiny doll, such a badass pose. So cute!

I'm spent today, so I'm postponing the literary discussion to tomorrow.

She knows she needs to be a little bit naughty, occasionally.

(And yay, lit discussion!)

(02-19-2019, 06:48 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Literary discussion sounds like a fun off topic thing, we would be up for that (Elfy & I are big readers, it’s one of the things that drew us together when we first met. Also history.)

Excellent reproduction of the musical poster.

Lit discussion is a brilliant thing to bond over!

And thank you!

(02-19-2019, 07:06 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ah, "Lamb to the Slaughter"! Dahl wrote a bunch of awesome/ twisted adult short stories. I have an anthology somewhere. There's one about infant Hitler that is also really memorable, and one about a baby that starts to turn into a bee...

Ooh, I need to get one of those anthologies.

(02-19-2019, 03:33 PM)Elfy Wrote: That’s a Matilda full of attitude. The Dahl shorts are probably Tales of the Unex.pected. They filmed a lot of them, and he did the intros.

Matilda has always been full of attitude, she's just also a very polite girl. And ooh.

- - -

50. The Fairy-Tale Squad
[Image: 48976228_b187755d8eb2ca71c3620d499c969e7c_standard.jpg]
Alice Lidell, Dorothy Gale and Wendy Darling are the Fairy-Tale Squad. Together they travel to the different fairy-tale lands, and have amazing adventures, each bringing their own unique traits to the team.

... Okay so it's not the best picture in the world, but I like my little write up.
Yay for Jack having eyes! He’s quite the handsome fellow.

And I’m a massive Matilda fan, in basically any version available, so I was super excited to see the Matilda dolls!
Fairy-Tale Squad! Kinda like Charlie's Angels. Is there a mysterious unseen boss behind the curtain known only as The Wizard?

Are you familiar with Mayor Paprika's long-running Paprihaven photo-story on Flickr? Your photo reminds me of that. In Paprihaven, Alice is the queen of a kingdom being attacked by villains from across time and space through a temporal-spatial rift. And Dorothy... well, here's a link to Dorothy in action!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(02-20-2019, 01:15 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote: Yay for Jack having eyes! He’s quite the handsome fellow.

And I’m a massive Matilda fan, in basically any version available, so I was super excited to see the Matilda dolls!

Honestly, the worst thing is Jack knows he's a handsome lad, and can be a bit full of himself sometimes, Good thing his old friend, Olivia, is there to cut him down to size when it's needed.

(Question to all: while I am liking the brown hair for Jack, does it seem like it should be longer? Or perhaps styled in some way?)

Yes, another Matilda fan! You'll be delighted to know that there is actually a rag doll based on the musical version of the school uniform. I am really hoping to pick her up at some point this year!

(02-20-2019, 03:35 AM)davidd Wrote: Fairy-Tale Squad! Kinda like Charlie's Angels. Is there a mysterious unseen boss behind the curtain known only as The Wizard?

Are you familiar with Mayor Paprika's long-running Paprihaven photo-story on Flickr? Your photo reminds me of that. In Paprihaven, Alice is the queen of a kingdom being attacked by villains from across time and space through a temporal-spatial rift. And Dorothy... well, here's a link to Dorothy in action!

There is a mysterious unseen boss, but I think thinking that it was more likely to be the Childlike Empress than the Wizard. Honestly, I will need to work out what type of missions they have. I've only really done this one picture, but the idea is winning me over... (And in my head there is an idea forming but I can't really do it with the dolls considering two are porcelain and don't have the greatest range when it comes to posing...)

You've asked me this before, I think, but yes, I am a big fan of the Paprihaven stuff! I follow the account and read new installments with glee. I really like their take on a lot of characters. Though I don't think it influences my Room verse greatly. Though I will need to ex.plain how so many odd being can be in the Room... Might get one of the Doctor's on that.
Girls in blue dresses obviously possess higher chances to exgrkhhhperience awesome adventures.

Although, this idea might be hogwash, because the first colorful version of Alice's dress was, as per sir Tenniel's instructions, yellow (I don't know about the other two girls).
(02-20-2019, 03:55 AM)werepuppy Wrote: You've asked me this before, I think, but yes....

You know, as I was typing the comment, I thought perhaps I had. After thinking about it for a while, I decided I was quite sure I had, and was coming back to edit my remarks. But you were too quick and had already responded.

I am growing too slow mentally to keep up with the many conversations across this forum (which are not very many compared to "in the olden days"), some of which span onto other forums as well. Or maybe I'm just running out of relevant comments to add, and should just keep quiet.

Anyway, I shall await further appearances by The Fairy Tale Squad.

(02-20-2019, 06:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Although, this idea might be hogwash, because the first colorful version of Alice's dress was, as per sir Tenniel's instructions, yellow.

Now there's a fascinating factoid suitable for the Little Chitchat in the Library topic! I certainly did not know this! So, did the blue come about as a result of the Disney animated film?

{EDIT} No, the blue dress pre-dated the Disney film by at least fifty years, and had become firmly linked to Alice long before the Disney film was produced. There's a Wikipedia article about Alice's dress.
Love the Fairy Tale squad. Reminds me of Jim Hines’ Princess series which featured Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty kicking butt.
The Fairy Tale squad is awesome. Especially like the Wendy doll
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
(02-20-2019, 06:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Girls in blue dresses obviously possess higher chances to exgrkhhhperience awesome adventures.

Although, this idea might be hogwash, because the first colorful version of Alice's dress was, as per sir Tenniel's instructions, yellow (I don't know about the other two girls).

Blue must be the colour of choice. And funny you mention the yellow dress - I saw an Alice world book day costume this year that was the yellow dress like in The Nursery Alice. Just funny.

(02-20-2019, 07:34 AM)davidd Wrote: I am growing too slow mentally to keep up with the many conversations across this forum (which are not very many compared to "in the olden days"), some of which span onto other forums as well. Or maybe I'm just running out of relevant comments to add, and should just keep quiet.

Nah, I think it's more genuine forgetting with a touch of wanting to show off the cool thing you know about. Your comments are always very interesting to read.

(02-20-2019, 04:58 PM)Elfy Wrote: Love the Fairy Tale squad. Reminds me of Jim Hines’ Princess series which featured Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty kicking butt.

Oh I have that book series; really enjoy it.

(02-20-2019, 05:07 PM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: The Fairy Tale squad is awesome. Especially like the Wendy doll

Ah, thank you! I think Wendy's hair is a bit too bright compared to her film version... lol

- - -

51. Azone Line Up
[Image: 51799108_27214d0788d8a126ba2248e4d179315b_standard.jpg]
Just a quite snap of my Azones. I'd quite like to get another boy so Oliver isn't lonely, but all things considered, I count myself as being very lucky for having been so fortunate to get the ones I have.
Azones are so cute! I've been itching to get some Alvastaria ones.
I seriously doubt that Oliver feels "lonely" with friends like this!

He could use a motor-cycle or a steam roller or a locomotive or an airship, though. You're already working on that, I ex-pect. LOL

(Lots of stripey socks action happening here!)
Nice Azone collection! I've always had my eye on the 1/3 Hybrid Madoka ones in particular.
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
Azones are entirely new to me.
(02-20-2019, 10:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Azones are so cute! I've been itching to get some Alvastaria ones.

They really are adorable! Oliver is an Alvastaria Neil, and I have to admit I really like their steampunk thing. I would love to get the first Alvastaria Milo release, but his prices on the secondary market are way too ex.pensive for my pocket ><. I would recommend Mandarake as a place to look for Azones in general, they always have a good selection and prices can be fairly reasonable for what they are.

(02-21-2019, 03:45 AM)davidd Wrote: I seriously doubt that Oliver feels "lonely" with friends like this!

He could use a motor-cycle or a steam roller or a locomotive or an airship, though. You're already working on that, I ex-pect. LOL

(Lots of stripey socks action happening here!)

Well, he could use a guy friend around too, lol.

I would like to get them some stuff in their scale but it's been trying to find something that fits with them. I am going to need to get a bit more creative, here.

(Woo, stripey socks!)

(02-21-2019, 10:38 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Nice Azone collection! I've always had my eye on the 1/3 Hybrid Madoka ones in particular.

The 1/3 Azones are ones I haven't actually seen much of? I should look them up a bit more...

(02-21-2019, 05:36 PM)Elfy Wrote: Azones are entirely new to me.

Azone is a Japanese doll manufacturer. Their most popular range tends to be the PureNeemos - most of what I have here. There's also PiccoNeemos (the smallest one there) and various different character dolls from different anime. This might prove useful to give you some information.

- - -

52. A Batch of Dumplings
[Image: 48975774_28d7a16fe8a693c8aacbb9f33492c85a_standard.jpg]
From top to bottom we have: Tabitha the Witch, Raye the Fairy, Oswald the Wizard, Matilda and Charlie the twins, Pippa the Eldest, and Milly the dreamer.
That's a cute bunch!

(02-21-2019, 11:34 PM)werepuppy Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 10:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Azones are so cute! I've been itching to get some Alvastaria ones.

They really are adorable! Oliver is an Alvastaria Neil, and I have to admit I really like their steampunk thing. I would love to get the first Alvastaria Milo release, but his prices on the secondary market are way too ex.pensive for my pocket ><. I would recommend Mandarake as a place to look for Azones in general, they always have a good selection and prices can be fairly reasonable for what they are.

Thank you!