Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Aww, Frankie as Cinderella is just so adorable. I love how her dress looks.
I thought the Scary Tale versions were clever. I would have to look at a timeline, because I'm not sure if this idea may have inspired the Disney Descendants, or if this was an attempt to compete against the Descendants.

I suppose it could also be looked at in terms of being a somewhat confusing cross-pollination with Ever After High.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Thank you, ladies and getnlemnnfrr... gentledavidd!

davidd, MH Scarily Ever After / Scary Tales (depends on region) came out in 2012, Ever After High launched in 2013 and Descendants are, if I'm not mistaken, a 2015 thing. Descendants happened because Disney was upset with Mattel, who were neglecting the licensed Disney Princesses line and instead focused on EAH, so Disney decided to give the rights to Hasbro, who then released Descendants to compete with EAH. At first EAHs were superior to Descendants in terms of quality, but then Mattel started cutting corners and the quality plummeted, while Descendants kept a good standard and continued to come up with interesting designs. I'm sad Descendants didn't quite make it here, I really like them.

Day 142

My dark crew hopes you're having a wonderfully somber World Goth Day!

[Image: dd733e9d72992822a2663acf60be0ad2.jpg]
Such a lovely dark trio!
They are amazing!!! They look like they're posing for a poster of a vampire movie. I love these girls so much!
This Dark Trio portrait is now a serious contender for my favorite single photo from you!
Gorgeous!
They do look like a poster. Very nice trio, and nice colours.
Is there a story that goes with Frankierella, or did they just make the doll?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
What an awesome little goth steampunk crew.
(05-23-2019, 02:25 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Such a lovely dark trio!

(05-23-2019, 03:28 AM)Goblin Wrote: They are amazing!!! They look like they're posing for a poster of a vampire movie. I love these girls so much!

(05-23-2019, 08:13 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Gorgeous!

(05-23-2019, 04:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: What an awesome little goth steampunk crew.

Thank you very much, guys!

(05-23-2019, 05:16 AM)davidd Wrote: This Dark Trio portrait is now a serious contender for my favorite single photo from you!

Wow! Thank you!

(05-23-2019, 09:42 AM)Alliecat Wrote: They do look like a poster.  Very nice trio, and nice colours.
Is there a story that goes with Frankierella, or did they just make the doll?

Thank you! There is a story for Frankie, it's a Cinderella story with a MH twist, I love it (the two for the other dolls, too), but it was written for fans familiar with the MH 'verse and its characters, so I'm not sure if it would be fun for you... You can read them all here, they're super short, the Frankie-Cinderella is the last one.

I'm super under the weather today, so it's time for another zombie photo!

Day 143

She used to be a beautiful mermaid, long, long time ago...

[Image: 317f657758769f5043f0399e5b44ba15.jpg]

And now she's a beautiful zombie!
She's still a very beautiful mermaid, who looks like she's yearning for something she may never have...
Fun detail... well, maybe not for her... that the scar on her side looks like a shark bite.
She’s still beautiful. Just for a different standard of beauty.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Haha, I didn't mean she stopped being beautiful, she just isn't exactly mermaid anymore... LOL
Anyways, thanks guys!

Day 144

Two years ago, I reached out to grab this girl, toppled over and found myself falling head-first down the Pullip rabbit hole. Curiouser and curiouser! My collection is opening out like the largest telescope that ever was! Goodbye, money!

[Image: 04568b4c51879fda58d8614a2e82627c.jpg]
Your first Pullip? So you started off with the striped socks theme from the very beginning!

I can't believe you've only been collecting Pullips for two years. That means you've only been photographing Pullips for two years. Your photos are always top-calibre professional quality. So your talent is innate rather than developed over time, it seems.

What was it that cause you to "reach out and grab" this particular girl? Did you find her in a shop, or did you "grab" her online? Had you been collecting and photographing dolls and figures prior to Alura grabbing you in an irresistible grip?