Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(09-09-2019, 01:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's great that Rey and Kylo have proper heights. I kinda wish Wondsie was taller than Kylo, because 'majestic Wonderwoman scolds tiny emo edgelord' scenes would be a lot of fun...

Oh, she's going to scold him a lot. General rule of thumb: if the question is who will win, the answer is always Diana.

(09-09-2019, 02:21 AM)davidd Wrote: Are you saying that Kylo-Ben wears a multi-layered, bulky uniform to disguise his otherwise scrawny, unimposing physique? That should come as no surprise, I suppose.
LOL 
I bet he has tall soles and heels on his boots to add height, as well.
Tongue 

It will be interesting to see how you "bring this figure to life" in the context of The Room.

Kylo Ren is not scrawny. I heard Kylo Ren has an eight-pack, I heard Kylo Ren is shredded. (You set me up for that.)

(Actually, it should be said that actor Adam Driver was a marine and is crazy tall. Seriously. Tall as a Wookie.)

Just wait and see :Tongue

- - - 

252: The Bear Gallery
[Image: 59772698_3a5cdd5674e967a2a0ec79d250c6f816_standard.jpg]
9th September is National Teddy Bear day, so I thought I would show off the shelving unit where a lot of my bears stay. Yes, it is meant to be crazy overcrowded.
Bear army! ...Bearmy? That's a wonderfluffy collection!
Bear army? Bearmy?

That would be pronounced... barmy?    LOL

(I know, that Kylo Ren sketch was so... so what he'd actually be like!)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That's a beary nice pile of floofyness LOL
Very impressive Hot Toys lineup too. They do seem to take care with the scale of characters.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Enormous pile of fluffy bear-filled goodness! Love them all crammed together like that.

I didn’t expect that Adam Driver was so tall the first time I saw him on screen, he’s enormous!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(09-10-2019, 01:00 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Bear army! ...Bearmy? That's a wonderfluffy collection!

Hee, thank you! Bear collecting is one of those things that it really is just rewarding in smiles. They're just there to cuddle and be lovely. 

(09-10-2019, 03:13 AM)davidd Wrote: Bear army? Bearmy?

That would be pronounced... barmy?    LOL 

(I know, that Kylo Ren sketch was so... so what he'd actually be like!)

Now, I would have said to to rhyme with Jeremy, but yours sound so much better.

(See, that is what I mean by the inherent ridiculousness of the character. Which is what I try to tap into in The Room.)

(09-10-2019, 11:08 AM)Alliecat Wrote: That's a beary nice pile of floofyness LOL
Very impressive Hot Toys lineup too.  They do seem to take care with the scale of characters.

So much floof, so many hugs.

I really do like that Hot Toys take that level of care - you can put any of their 1/6 range together and they will all be in scale with each other. 

(09-10-2019, 06:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Enormous pile of fluffy bear-filled goodness!  Love them all crammed together like that.

I didn’t expect that Adam Driver was so tall the first time I saw him on screen, he’s enormous!

Originally I did want them all spaced out a bit more, but it looks better when they're all crammed together, it's hard to explain why.

Oh, yeah, he's one of those people you double take a bit when you learn their height because you just don't ex.pect it. 

- - - 

253: The Kylo-Ben Line-Up
[Image: 59823308_86affe16beaeed2d299ead9545d71ae7_standard.jpg]

Disney Store Premium Figure - Hot Toys - Hasbro Forces of Destiny 

Honestly, the Hot Toys offering wins hands down here. Disney Store never made an unmasked version for the public - though there was one as a D23 exclusive - and the Hasbro one is a little too... a little too Disney Prince. 

So much Emo Edgelord in one place...
Triple emo-ness! Triple edginess! I concur, the Hot Toys Emo Edgelord is the best. Also, I can't get rid of mental picture of Disney Prince Kylo singing some silly song in an animated movie... 'Screw it all, screw it aaaaall, I can't stand this BS anymoooore...'
The Hot Toys one is certainly the best. And I do agree with you both about the singing Disney Prince look of the Hasbro one. Not nearly emo edgelord enough LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(09-11-2019, 07:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Triple emo-ness! Triple edginess! I concur, the Hot Toys Emo Edgelord is the best. Also, I can't get rid of mental picture of Disney Prince Kylo singing some silly song in an animated movie... 'Screw it all, screw it aaaaall, I can't stand this BS anymoooore...'

Ahem, you'll be pleased to know? Someone on YouTube has made Disney Prince Kylo sing: enjoy

(09-11-2019, 08:47 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Hot Toys one is certainly the best.  And I do agree with you both about the singing Disney Prince look of the Hasbro one.  Not nearly emo edgelord enough LOL

It's just jarring when you see him next to the others, but also so very amusing. 

- - - 

254: New Outfit!
[Image: 59863368_9e8b4a17f5365c687b562c1c38b10fd7_standard.jpg]
So, the Madame Alexander Fashionable Friends actually showed up in Tesco, and I picked up one of the fashion packs to try for Hayley here. Quite like the look of it, if I'm honest with you.
Hayley looks fantastic in that outfit! At first glance I thought she was a real kid! The ever-so-slightly too large look of the coveralls adds to the realistic effect.

And... stripey socks plus stripey shirt!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I like it! Nice girly take on 90s grunge look!

Also, those songs were hilarious!
Cute. And cool that you can find doll clothes at local stores. (Yes, I do live in Central Nowhere.) I guess Disney Prince Kylo would be fine for younger collectors.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Very cute outfit on her. Suits her very well.
(09-12-2019, 01:08 AM)davidd Wrote: Hayley looks fantastic in that outfit! At first glance I thought she was a real kid! The ever-so-slightly too large look of the coveralls adds to the realistic effect.

And... stripey socks plus stripey shirt!

That's what I was hoping for. Since she is a child, I wanted her outfits to just be a little bit big for her. It's surprisingly hard to do in this scale. 

All the stripes! 

(09-12-2019, 01:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I like it! Nice girly take on 90s grunge look!

Also, those songs were hilarious!

She's mostly concerned with can she muck around it in? The answer is yes? Then she's happy! 

Hee, I'm glad you found them fun. There's some really fun Star Wars song parodies out there. Like this one: You're Welcome

(09-12-2019, 06:40 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Cute.  And cool that you can find doll clothes at local stores.  (Yes, I do live in Central Nowhere.)  I guess Disney Prince Kylo would be fine for younger collectors.

Honestly, I was very surprised to find anything. Tesco is a supermarket, so there is a toy section, but it's quite small and honestly more overrun by Funko products lately.

The Forces of Destiny line does seem to be aimed at a younger age group going by the cartoons. 

(09-12-2019, 06:29 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Very cute outfit on her.  Suits her very well.

Thank you very much smile

- - - 

255: Conquered!
[Image: 59907383_b107d5b405ac159b1c53171fdb737e8a_standard.jpg]
Stitch conquered the tiny little house, Stitch is best of them all!
Haha, I should really watch that again. It was cute. Add to stack of movies to be watched.

(09-12-2019, 10:05 PM)werepuppy Wrote: There's some really fun Star Wars song parodies out there....
And if you like more, um, classical (?) things, there's the Piano Guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgAlQuqzl8o