davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Here we go again: A Doll A Day 2020:

As with last year, I shall keep a running list here of new dolls and significant accessories I acquire with notations as to whether the acquisitions are a direct or indirect result of other Doll A Day or Doll A Week or other forum member posts:

January: Goldlok Trendmasters Forbidden Planet Robby the Robot - Hasbro Maxie dolls x 5 - TBLeague Seamless x 2
February: TBLeague seamless x 2 - Star Wars Forces of Destiny Kylo & Rey (werepuppy) - Kumik action figure - Pinky Street Megahouse One Piece Nami (pre-ordered months ago, arrived Feb 2020)
March: TBLeague Purgatori, TBLeague Nancy, TBLeague Lady Bat (Ammo forum members), Wild Hearts Crew Rallee, Wild Hearts Crew Kenna
April: Max Steel Action Fig (Ammo forum members), GI Joe Australian Soldier (Ammo forum members) - Darth Vader Barbie (The Upsizers blog) - TBLeague S26A (some dude on Flickr)
May: Barbie Lab Coat (neon_jellyfish), MH Freak du Chic posters (neon_jellyfish), Dal Lipoca the Devil Doll (TrueFan)
June:21st Century Toys Kubelwagen vehicle (Ammo forum members), Dal Tezca (TrueFan)
July: Forbitten Love Draculaura (werepuppy), Pullip Amelia (because, y'know), TBLeague 1/12-scale Purgatori (the devil made me do it), MH Lorna McNessie (werepuppy)
August:A couple more TBLeague bodies and heads (AMMO forum guys)
September:TBLeague Vampirella Asian Sculpt, 2 male action figure heads & bodies (AMMO forum guys), TBLeague S37 "Anime style" figure
OctoberFreak du Chic Rochelle (neon_jellyfish)
November: TBLeague 1/12-scale Vampirella (the devil made me do it... again)
December: none... so far

Want List for the coming year (subject to changing interests and whims):

Pullip Amelia (ongoing) 
Poppy Parker - no specific release identified as of yet

1 January 2020:

[Image: january1a.jpg]

[Image: january1b.jpg]

[Image: january1c.jpg]

[Image: january1d.jpg]

[Image: january1e.jpg]

[Image: january1f.jpg]

[Image: january1g.jpg]

[Image: january1h.jpg]

[Image: january1i.jpg]

"Erm... Triv?"
"Yes?"
"Is that... blood on your poster?"
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
As long as Triv doesn’t try to incorporate her other interest with this one it’ll be ok. This was very meta, but I liked it.
LOL LOL LOL

...What blood.
Aw, that is actually adorable. I love that they're supportive of each other. And as long as fire is kept away, I see no problems. Yet Tongue

Also... what blood?
Blood? Blood? Why does everyone keep asking about blood? Will "blood" be the "stripey socks" of 2020?

[Image: january2.jpg]
2 January – On the Road to Adventure
Squeeee! That vehicle (pardon my total lack of knowledge) is adorable! Even more adorable is the road in the snow you (I assume) made for them! I apologize for repeating myself, but SQUEEEEE!!!
(01-03-2020, 03:34 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That vehicle (pardon my total lack of knowledge) is adorable! 

The vehicle is a Vespa motor scooter model in 1:6 scale. They are available on eBay. Models are available with and without the sidecar.
"Social validation for your eccentricity!" made me LOL.

The Vespa and its riders look awesome!
The first days story made me laugh. It also reminds me of Elfy & I doing photo shoots (“include that doll, or that prop”. “Maybe angle them this way instead of that way”. And the classic - “i can see your feet in the background, you have to move” LOL )

Sidecar adventures! We have 2 similar Vespa, but neither of our have sidecars.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(01-03-2020, 08:34 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: We have 2 similar Vespa, but neither of our have sidecars.

Oh! That reminds me of a photo I wanted to do, based on one of your earlier pics!

But now I have to wait until the snow melts. Could be a while.
Interesting that action guy is the one in the sidecar.
(01-03-2020, 10:12 AM)Elfy Wrote: Interesting that action guy is the one in the sidecar.

He's still hitch-hiking.
That's a fun shot!  (There's no blood on the Vespa... I assume all is well...)
Day 1 is a really cute sequence.  Dolls photographing dolls -- fun!  "Social validation for your eccentricities" made me howl.  I'm still chuckling.  This afternoon Co-worker & I were leaving the library & I commented that I never thought about turning out the lights to get a low-light photo of the dolls with the Really Pretty Tree, & she wants to take it down tomorrow.... Maintenance Guy was in the doorway; he's a bit weird, & often prickly, & said something in a condescending tone about "turn the lights back on, then turn them off again, and use your phone"... Co-worker mumbled something about "her professional camera", & I said, brightly, "I don't have my models with me".  He thought I just wanted a pic of the tree.  I went to get my coat & it was quiet out there & I could just imagine Co-worker mouthing silently to Maintenance Guy "she photographs DOLLS" ... and him going "?????"  LOL
So anyway, huzzah to my eccentric dolly friends who Get It!  LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The Vespa looks so great in the picture, and Kenna looks to be ready and raring to zip off on many adventures - I have to assume her companion is there to try to keep some sort of control on proceedings? LOL.
(01-03-2020, 11:15 AM)Alliecat Wrote: (There's no blood on the Vespa... I assume all is well...)

There's no blood on the Vespa... yet.

(01-03-2020, 09:43 PM)werepuppy Wrote: The Vespa looks so great in the picture, and Kenna looks to be ready and raring to zip off on many adventures - I have to assume her companion is there to try to keep some sort of control on proceedings?

Ol' Joe is hanging on for dear life. Yes, these Vespa models look pretty good for not being multi-hundred dollar 'collector' pieces.

[Image: january3.jpg]
3 January – Nellie (Smart Doll Kanata)

I need to find some full-length stockings. The flirty mid-calf height stockings detract somewhat from the professional appearance for which she is striving.