Pullip Stica -- A quick review --
One doll that I never thought I'd ever get just arrived.

Pullip Stica!

Here she is out of the box:

She is a Jun Planning T3 Pullip. Meaning we have to be careful with her wrists.

She come with a pair of shoes, an add pamphlet, her card, her headdress and a mysterious black bow that I have no idea where it goes. She also come with the metal stand.

[Image: ZxNCEgQ.jpg]

Under her dress, she got a TONS of fluff. Underskirts and big ol' troussers. Her dress is so puffy, you could use it as a pillow!

[Image: MPrvtcw.jpg]

The headdress and her shoes are easy to put on. Furthermore, Stica doesn't suffer from aging at all. No hardened plastics, no gumminess, a soft wig... As if she was made yesterday!

[Image: jUTCwVc.jpg]

I love her red eyes. This make her look like she's hiding a pretty yandere personality under her perfect maid demeanor.

[Image: 9N1MgCc.jpg]

Being a T3 she can't keep her eyes closed. Her lids have a lovely pink color. Here lips are also perfect. I love her face-up!

[Image: eGDKfmj.jpg]

The only true fault of this doll is that there's a huge contrast difference between her front head place and the back. That color shift from left to right. Weird.

[Image: dS4n5JE.jpg]
[Image: NJdFMWR.jpg]

Overall, I find Stica absolutely wonderful. Well worth the 10K yen paid.

She go well in my collection and she even her Mini-Me!

[Image: l9HPKIg.jpg]
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Very cool! Glad you were able to get her!
(03-14-2020, 08:27 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Very cool! Glad you were able to get her!

Hell yeah!
Her price was a big nope because I wasn't into doll collecting when there were plenty at Pullip Style. All that remained was ScalperBay.

Then Groove had their Little Pullip sale and I could at least get the mini version for cheap.

But then I saw her at Mandarake!.... for 10K yen....
The price could have been better, but it could have been far worse. So I jumped on her. No regrets at all for the price because as you saw in the review, she's holding up quite well after all these years.
I feel like Madarake helps us all out for out collection. At least in the sense of older releases often pop up there and they're a bit more affordable than they would be elsewhere.
(03-15-2020, 12:31 AM)werepuppy Wrote: I feel like Madarake helps us all out for out collection. At least in the sense of older releases often pop up there and they're a bit more affordable than they would be elsewhere.

Exactly. Mandarake is THE best place for older dolls.
They pop in often and are at the best prices. Even when factoring shipping.

Newer releases and the "popular" dolls are on par with all the other shops though so I tend to avoid them.
She's so precious! Such an iconic model imo. Conrats! Heart 2
Looking for: Dal Lucia, Sentimental Noon, Taeyang Richt

Very cute! Stica has never been one of my favorites(it was mainly her orange-y lips that I didn't care for) but I've always loved her stock outfit and I really love seeing you post reviews of dolls all these years later!
My doll purchases are now slowed down to a crawl mainly due to how full my collection have become. When there's a new doll coming home, it will always be something that I find special and I'll be sure to show it off.

A special custom is coming home soon. Unfortunately, it will take a LONG while for that last costume piece to come from Europe...
Stay tuned!