Introducing Sophie (Momori)
Sophie has already featured in the Weekly photo thread, so I thought it would be good to giver her, her own Intro Thread.

She's Momori, who I've been eyeing since first seeing her promo shots.  I like her aesthetic, and tht she has short hair, so can be taken on adventures more easily (once we are able to go on them, of course!)

[Image: 41d3cb28a22aa69ee42c763d45ea2563.jpg]

[Image: 8d9d0389db936ca1d8e49c43ee97e887.jpg]

[Image: 2d823b7e2cf3f3ba06d716a23589c6f7.jpg]
With Cherie (Jeanne) who arrived the same day.

[Image: 611529218e9858fa0ed4ee18f3fcf4d7.jpg]

[Image: 0cbbe7004ef5f70f9f324dd7ee7d930b.jpg]

[Image: 57c62f1f0ba97cae0a9024dd7a688ff1.jpg]

[Image: cdc24acdc81efe9114ac8066c58c6631.jpg]

And finally, I was chatting with a friend last week, who is experimenting with making rosemary-infused sugar for her baking.  She said she didn't have much left, so I offered her Audrey's leftovers when we next give her a prune.  I said she could get A LOT of leftovers if she wanted.  LOL
So I took a pic of Sophie next to Audrey to show how big she is...
[Image: 671149f7e4484eab46ef4c97f7a5a3ce.jpg]
For context, if I'm standing on the deck, she's taller than I am, and I'm 5'4" or 1.62m tall.  She's also as tall as the mandarin tree next to her, that's about 13 years old - that used to live in a pot until about 7 years ago when we planted it in the garden.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
She's so adorable!!! Good thing I don't have a character that would fit, I don't need any more enabling LOL

She looks right at home in the Rosemary Forest!
Aw, Sophie is so adorable! Man, the pictures of Pullips around here really do make a person itch for a new one...

(Also my head went to Sophie of Howl's Moving Castle fame... Just felt like mentioning that.)
Gorgeous! Momori has been on my "want" list since she was announced, and your pictures just reinforce the desire smile
She’s so cute. What soulful dark eyes. And yes, short hair is much more convenient for adventures. Hope you can go on some soon.
What are the pink flowers? Is that your camellia?
Audrey is amazing… Now I am very curious what one does with rosemary infused sugar.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Oh, she's adorable! I love her dark, bug-eyes and her girly boho style. She feels right at home in nature Heart 2
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Momori is quite intriguing. Do you know, is she supposed to represent an early 1920s era character? That's the impression I get. 1910s influence in the gown, and a precursor to the bobbed hair with bangs that became popular in the mid-1920s.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She’s very cute. Can’t wait to see her have some gardening adventures with Daisy.
(08-09-2020, 08:02 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Aw, Sophie is so adorable! Man, the pictures of Pullips around here really do make a person itch for a new one...

(Also my head went to Sophie of Howl's Moving Castle fame... Just felt like mentioning that.)

It’s an excellent book, one of my favourites,  so I need to find her some suitable accessories, and an inexpensive Taeyang to turn into a Howl then!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-10-2020, 11:14 AM)davidd Wrote: Momori is quite intriguing. Do you know, is she supposed to represent an early 1920s era character? That's the impression I get. 1910s influence in the gown, and a precursor to the bobbed hair with bangs that became popular in the mid-1920s.

I’m actually not sure what time period she’s supposed to be.  It’s a bit boho-chic as well, which shouts 60s or 70s.

The hair is a messy bob, not a smooth one which I associate with the 20s.  Just a general mix of times.
Momori sports Japanese street fashion style called Mori Kei - https://j-fashion.fandom.com/wiki/Mori_Girl

ETA: But I am getting 1920s vibes from her, too! Mori does use those silhouettes now and then.
She is beautiful, I do love that messy bob, I've been wondering recently whether I could trim a longer wig into that sort of style... Or whether I would just wreck the wig! Probably more likely knowing my scissor skills.

Audrey is fabulous! My OH started growing herbs during lockdown, so we have little rosemary sprouts! I had no idea they got that big, or that they flowered.

(08-10-2020, 11:28 PM)Lilcurly Wrote: Audrey is fabulous! My OH started growing herbs during lockdown, so we have little rosemary sprouts! I had no idea they got that big, or that they flowered.

Please don't compare your sprouts to Audrey & feel bad - we inherited her with the house, so she's at least 10 years old.  We also garden by "benign neglect" and pretty much let the plants all fend for themselves.
Plus, you know, living in Australia, we have fab growing conditions for monstrous plants (and animals  LOL)

Rosemary flowers are so pretty, a lovely soft blue-purple colour, which is actually the main reason we let her run rampant - she's just outside our back door, and it's a lovely site out the kitchen door/windows.
(08-10-2020, 06:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Momori sports Japanese street fashion style called Mori Kei - https://j-fashion.fandom.com/wiki/Mori_Girl

Oh, yeah! Definitely... with the signature hiking boots! Thanks for the "fashion I.D."

And yes, LeJays, I see the nod to boho-chic of the late 1970s, when the Gunne Sax dresses were so popular.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!